PDA

View Full Version : full CSK

PDT1631
08-17-2006, 05:39 AM
I have reading about the D3 CSK but I still have some questions.

What is the difference between the two kits? The first kit says it comes with the full assortment of chassis braces. What does the full kit have that the other doesn’t? My guess is the rear strut tower brace.

It seems there is no lower strut tie bar or front strut tower brace. I think the G3 eclipse has one that is also braced by the fire wall. And is there isn’t there a VR4 one? Anyone know about this?

I have heard that on the I4 one of the braces runs across the oil pan drain plug. They say that their components don’t interfere with drain plugs. Anyone have any more info on this?

Does this make the ride a lot harder and with a progress drop am I going to run the risk of bottoming out and bending them?

I am really interested in this kit and want to know what it is going to cost for the right one. Any info would be helpful thanks.

Sillyasianz
08-17-2006, 08:56 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PDT1631)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have reading about the D3 CSK but I still have some questions.

What is the difference between the two kits? The first kit says it comes with the full assortment of chassis braces. What does the full kit have that the other doesn’t? My guess is the rear strut tower brace.

It seems there is no lower strut tie bar or front strut tower brace. I think the G3 eclipse has one that is also braced by the fire wall. And is there isn’t there a VR4 one? Anyone know about this?

I have heard that on the I4 one of the braces runs across the oil pan drain plug. They say that their components don’t interfere with drain plugs. Anyone have any more info on this?

Does this make the ride a lot harder and with a progress drop am I going to run the risk of bottoming out and bending them?

I am really interested in this kit and want to know what it is going to cost for the right one. Any info would be helpful thanks.</div>

Full CSK is not sold for our Galant. We have no use of the rear strut bar. Our part is the Galant lised kit (something like $275 to 300. I forget). The kit covers the i4 drail plug. Unless u drive like a mad man, u won't bottom out and bend them

well worth it. I had mine installed at their R&D shop in Long Beach, Ca. (Well signal hill to be exact)

I love the control gained by it. You can take more turns at faster speeds.

PDT1631
08-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Ok. So its the cheaper of the two kits (275 or 250GB) https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif . But what options do we have for a front STB and lower tie bar? The eclipse one is braced by the firewall but is not triangulated. Harsh ride with the kit instaled?

Sillyasianz how much of a problem is the drain bolt.

Sillyasianz
08-17-2006, 01:34 PM
I have freedom design front strut bar. but I wanna go oem 3rd gen eclipse GT strut bar. heard its best bang for te buck. no setups available to bolt to our firewall..sorry.

iono bout how hard to uninstall for drain plug. they installed it for me and haven't reached time for my oil change.

I'm dreading it. they used an airgun to install. I have a tool set. LOL

we will eventually find out.

VegasMatt
08-17-2006, 02:02 PM
I also have the D3 kit, best money spent, the car handles awesome!

Sillyasianz
08-28-2006, 11:51 PM
HOLY shit, did my oil change. took forever!

Remeber, all bolts have two sides so I need to put a wrench on the other side to prevent it from just spinning)

I had to remove 3 bolts of the front bar. I first unbolted the two center bolts that prevent the bar from sagging (using a 12mm). Then I had to take out the oil filter to reach the bolt on the passanger side. Bolts below the suspension.
After the oil stops dripping, I unbolted that side (14mm) and had to pop it out of the area to make clear ance to the oil drain plug.

Did my oil change and then proceded to do the opposite to reinstall.

Trying to pop the passanger side part of the bar back onto the bolt was tuff. Kept rubbing on the oild drain plug. Then I had to force the two center bolts back together.

Damn, didnt think to take pics. But yes, 4cyl 8th gen has an issue with the front csk when it comes to oil changes!

Q: since I removed the passanger side of the front bar, will that have caused my alignment to be off? IONO what that bar it was bolted to, do...

PDT1631
08-30-2006, 04:33 AM
Ouch! I also wanted to get an exhaust system (custom bent catback with aeroturbine muffler) but at 200 for the muffler and 84 for the resonator I thought that the CSK would be a better way to spend my summer job money (and if I ever get my damn springs ordered it would go great with a lowered car). It sucks to hear that the CSK poses some serious problems maybe D3 would consider making a slightly different bar for the I4 if people who have it bring the problem to their attention.

Sillyasianz
08-30-2006, 11:17 AM
not gonna happen. this was made for their eclipse. we lucked out that it has the same platform. there isn't enough need for it that they would go to any kind of R&D to fix it.