PDA

View Full Version : Is a CF trunk a good idea with subs???

Eldotem
08-17-2006, 08:59 AM
I have two Kicker L7 12", (sorry no pics.....coming soon) I've already rattled my trunk key cylinder apart and eventually want to get a CF trunk lid.....do you think that the air being displaced would eventually have bad effects on the trunk? Also, do any of you have any suggestions/ideas on how to minimize rattle?

Thnx folks,

Eldotem

G-spot
08-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Dynamat or ghetomat. have yet to hear results on a cf trunk.

lnkn52
08-17-2006, 09:40 AM
Wouldnt too much sub crack the carbon truck

SinSere
08-17-2006, 09:58 AM
I don't think the trunk itself would crack. The only part I would be suspect of is the trunk latch, where it attaches to the c/f trunk. I think over time the constant rattle may weaken the latch to where it may crack and give way. I don't think it should happen, but something to think about. The best idea would be to Dynamat or whatever the shit out of the trunk to cut back on the rattles and the weight from it will help as well.

mrjaydeeone
08-17-2006, 12:25 PM
I just put a CF trunk on my car Sunday night. I have 4 tens that made my stock trunk rattle, or maybe it was just my stock spoiler that was rattling. So far 4 days later the trunk is doing pretty well. And no rattles either. Maybe it was just the spoiler.