PDA

View Full Version : Door caught on fire!!!

OCsFlyest
08-19-2006, 02:21 PM
So My friend was in the passenger side and as he rolled down the window my door started to smoke..b4 i knew it a small fire occurred. ..we put it out and noticed the window regulator was the cause...took it to the Mitsubishi dealership in Anaheim and they said since electrical warranty is over with they can't do much, considering all the aftermarket parts as well as speakers,stereo,engine could of caused fire. The car is in for a diagnosis.I think since it's a faulty on the car's part, it should be covered by them. Anybody had this problem..Any help appreciated?what to do?thnx....i have an 02

pvu_rida
08-19-2006, 02:49 PM
wow.... i sorry to hear that...

fatal1
08-20-2006, 12:13 AM
thats crazy but i dont think that engine arts such as an intake or exuast uprade even speakers would have anything to do with that so unless your wannanty is up i wouldnt give up that easy i mean a dealer does have the right to void your warranty if they see fit but i would try another one i thats the crap they are handing you especially if it was the actuator

pinoyesv6
08-22-2006, 09:16 PM
i could totally see installing some speakers and other stereo equipment causing an electrical fire. not even driectly.

i don't know what kinda stereo equipment you have but picture this

you are installing your stereo. putting your speakers in. you run new wires through the door for the speakers. in the process you fray a wire or two, but you don't know that since those wires are covered. one day, the wires short out and cause a fire. i could totally see that.

not might be your exact cause but it can be a possibility.

DOHCstunr
08-22-2006, 10:19 PM
that sucks

BigMike
08-23-2006, 06:15 AM
the dealership always says that aftermarket parts cause other things on cars, so they don't have to check it out....your warranty could have been valid and they still would have told you that