PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Lens in Dash is Hazy

BEAST
11-13-2002, 02:16 PM
Is there any way to get a new clear plastic cover for my guages? Mine has gotten hazy and I need a new one. Does anyone know what I'm talkin about?

pinoyesv6
11-13-2002, 02:31 PM
just go to the dealer and ask for one. email the people @ delray or @ don herring for the best prices.

if you are willing to bite the bullet, you might wanna wet sand it (with some super fine grite paper) and use some plastic polish on it. uhm but thats taking a risk since if things don't work, its gonna look worse.

but i suggest to try the dealers first just to see how much it will be before u move on from there. it could be so cheap that u can just buy one and not worry about wetsanding it or anything

BEAST
11-13-2002, 02:41 PM
What exactly should I be asking for. I don't have the manual here at the dorm so what is it called exactly.

pinoyesv6
11-13-2002, 04:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>What exactly should I be asking for. Â*I don't have the manual here at the dorm so what is it called exactly.</div>

just describe it to them. i don't know the official term but just call it whatever u want, guage cluster overlay, i dunno. but yea give a good description. they'll know what ur talking about

BLsGalant97
11-13-2002, 10:49 PM
Hey i would check out parts.com. Their prices are pretty good. Im getting my grille inserts for a 98 galant way cheaper than delray. Instead of $40 for each side....I got them for $40 for both inserts!!!! So compare prices at a couple places an see how you make out.

TJC
11-13-2002, 10:52 PM
Like everyone says, there are a couple of options; clear plastic scratch remover and polish and getting the clear plastic of the gauge cluster replaced at the dealer or online parts place.

Dark Anghell
11-15-2002, 10:37 PM
I used Meguiars Scratch-X on mine, and it looks much better. I haven't tried clear plastic polish yet.

IllestGalant
11-16-2002, 07:51 PM
go to the nearest mitsu dealer and tell them you need a new ipc cover
they will need the vin. tell them your a tech from a dealer somewhere
and its only 70 bucks. or you can be cheap and try to fanagle it

MidNightRacing
11-18-2002, 01:44 PM
Mine is all cloudy too It's because when i applied armor all to the dash some got on the it so i wiped it off then like a week later it was all cloud. Thank for the Ideas on how to get rid of it, instead of buying a new one