PDA

View Full Version : Custom grill

lemonnamedsteve
08-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Ok, so I removed the stock grill, foglights and bezels, I got some aluminum screen (looks the same as the mesh, only I could pick it up for $7 bucks at home depot for about a doors worth) I was going to install it...but i just realisec i have no idea how

I was thinking something like taking some ridigid wire (like hangers) and form them and wrap them then solider them shut and hook em up somehow

anyone got any suggestions?

alexvr
08-20-2006, 10:50 PM
were r u putting the mesh in?? bottom bumper, inside the grille inserts?

lemonnamedsteve
08-21-2006, 01:58 AM
Yea, its just so i can start doing stuff, and I do small side projects, If I like the way it looks I may just do it for my cyber 2 bumper

Yea, where the stock fins and the fog light assembly, and the radiator openings are

thealliance43
08-21-2006, 08:20 AM
i'm doing something similar today...i know no b/c of you thats it's only lyke $7 for a sheet so i'm happy https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif but right under the license plate i'm makin the bumper look aftermarket with the mesh...

lemonnamedsteve
08-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Ok, so i'm thinking that I can Take some ridgid wire (hangers or something like that) and then put them through the stock holes (no drilling, yeay)

But the problem that I think I'm going to run into is getting the mesh around the wire...Possibly solder? then fold it a bit so you can't see it?

alexvr
08-21-2006, 03:30 PM
i wedged mine in there and used a lil bit of gorilla glue also u can use a hot glue gun and then trim off the dry glue that looks bad and either way its clear, as for the home depot mesh i dnt think its as think n strong as the real mesh so it might flex wit the wind and indent wit the wind....put it in every opening of the cyber kit amd itll look hot, wen u hav a kit wit no mesh in it it looks too plan, thats my opinion....let us kno wut u do

unlimited6986
08-21-2006, 04:13 PM
you gotta make your sig smaller too lemon

lemonnamedsteve
08-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Right, I may go get some chicken mesh to hold it up for the wind scenario...that'll add like 4 bucks, but i guess it would be worth it so it doesn't look ghetto.

Yea, if this works out I may do it on my cyber 2 body kit and bondo it inside, but I'll proably look into a real one or billett grills

alexvr
08-21-2006, 08:00 PM
i did mine wen i had my stock bumpers, i put in in the grille as well as the bottom and color toned my grilles...i used black mesh so a lil hard to c

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/alexvr2/SSA50393.jpg

without the grille painted

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/alexvr2/SSA50167.jpg

i think this makes ur car look so much better if u ask me

lemonnamedsteve
08-21-2006, 08:36 PM
yea, but I've removed everything, and I'm not gonna put it back on just cover the holes with the meshand I'll proably put on some re-enforcement...It'll be for a few weeks till i get my kit, then i'll do something more perment