PDA

View Full Version : Flip-up tv question?

thealliance43
08-21-2006, 12:53 AM
iight my friend said it wont work but i'm trying to get a new clarion flip-up touch screen (they're lyke $600.00 on ebay wanted to know if anyone had that in there galant and if cuttin into the dash had to be done or any mod's or if it just fit... plz post thanx

IceDouTGaLanT
08-21-2006, 01:17 AM
never herd of cutting into ur dash for an flip out...if ur goan spend bout 600$ you can get a nice Used Alpine brand one or pioneer...my boy has a pioneer for sale touch screen PM me if ur instreted ill find out a price

pinoyesv6
08-22-2006, 09:32 PM
is it a single din or a double din. not sure about clarion's lineup.

but yea, if its a single din you shouldn't have any issues.

if its a double din you're gonna have to relocate the ac control unit and do some modification to the trim piece to make room for a double din.

fatal1
08-22-2006, 11:21 PM
yea as pinoy said if it i a flip out screen it will fit in fine with no problems if it is double din where you see the screen have fun fiberglassing i have had both types in my car

on a side note although the clarion are great models i have heard about the past models having problems eventually with the motor i am sure they have probroblly fixed that problem with thier new lneups but you may want to check into that