PDA

View Full Version : gas door

PDT1631
08-21-2006, 05:19 AM
I was wondering how hard/how much it would cost to replace the gas door with an eclipse style door. has anyone done this? Does anyone know what kind of gas door the evo concept from MOD had on it?

BIGMONEYDAY
08-21-2006, 10:43 AM
I've looked into this at a couple of local body shops and what your going to have to do is first get you current door shaved off, like they do door handles. Then you have to get a door cut and mounted there with a filler neck. I was thinking about using the universal kit made by Sparco, but it's kinda pricey. About $100 for the door and another $30 for the filler neck. The door comes in different finishes and also with or without a key lock. Here's an example of what one looks like.

http://images.cardomain.net/products/spa/SPA27004CR_1.jpg

This conversion can get kinda pricey unless your in good with a good shop that does welding and shaving on a regular basis. But I think it'll be safe to say your going to be lookin at least a couple hundred dollars in labor alone.

PDT1631
08-23-2006, 04:03 AM
beauty has its price. you think it might be cheaper to go with a w/ and eclipse oem. one from any car would work for that matter. its nice that that one has a lock though. I wonder about one that you can pop from the inside.