PDA

View Full Version : EDFC Questions

shiznit013
08-28-2006, 12:10 AM
OK... so I read thru all of the EDFC posts, and I still have a couple of questions.

Everyone seems to agree that the rear motors fit fine, and most say the front don't fit, but not all... which is it?

Are the cables they supply long enough, or will this be a solder job?

Do the cables fit discretely under the door sill trim, or is hacking necessary?

Where is the best place to run the cables through the firewall?

What have people been doing for a mounting bracket--making their own, or can I get a link to a decent company that sells them (I think they're 1/4 DIN)?

Thanks.

Cali
08-28-2006, 02:01 AM
i've been running my EDFC for over a year and i never had any fitment issues anywhere.

shiznit013
08-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Cool... thanks. I think I saw yours on cardomain... you've got it mounted in a carbon fiber bracket? Did you make it, or buy it?

DOHCstunr
08-28-2006, 06:11 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shiznit013)</div><div class='quotemain'>OK... so I read thru all of the EDFC posts, and I still have a couple of questions.

Everyone seems to agree that the rear motors fit fine, and most say the front don't fit, but not all... which is it?

Are the cables they supply long enough, or will this be a solder job?

Do the cables fit discretely under the door sill trim, or is hacking necessary?

Where is the best place to run the cables through the firewall?

What have people been doing for a mounting bracket--making their own, or can I get a link to a decent company that sells them (I think they're 1/4 DIN)?

Thanks.</div>

i think the best place depends on where you mount the unit.
if you mount the unit in the drivers side area, then i woudl run the front wires through the steering column boost where its at the firewall... no need for drilling, and no rust in the future.
if you go on the pasenger side. then run the wires through the exisiting boot for the vehicle wiring harness.

just poke a ery small hole, then use a hollow ink pen to feed the lines through. then remove the ink pen out the other side.. and walla.
the ruyber contracts to seal against the wire.

shiznit013
08-28-2006, 06:43 PM
I was planning on mounting it in the center console, right below the A/C controls.