PDA

View Full Version : evo 8 oil pan

Johnathansgalant
08-28-2006, 09:47 AM
i read on eclipseforums that the evo 8 oil pan would bolt up to our 8gs.. can anyone confirm this or know that this is true.. ??

ChikagoGTZ
08-28-2006, 10:48 AM
What's the difference other than it being tapped for an oil line?

Johnathansgalant
08-28-2006, 11:22 AM
I assumed they were exactly the same as our blocks are similar and we are the same direction but i dunno of anyone using it. I suppose it wouldnt be worth it because we can just tap ours so easily but if i dont wanna tap it or take it to get tapped i might wanna get a hold of the evo pan..

DOHCstunr
08-28-2006, 11:28 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Johnathansgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I assumed they were exactly the same as our blocks are similar and we are the same direction but i dunno of anyone using it. Â* I suppose it wouldnt be worth it because we can just tap ours so easily but if i dont wanna tap it or take it to get tapped i might wanna get a hold of the evo pan..</div>

well its better than just tapped.
there are nuts welded on the inside of the pan for yoru return line to bolt down... won't strip out as easy as just a tapped pan.

Stewi
08-28-2006, 04:07 PM
the EVO pan fits the 4G64 block. DOHC Stunr is right about the EVO pan having the holes for the return line. If you plan to use a mitsu turbo, then I say get the EVO pan, if your making your own custom setup and you plan to use AN fittings on your return, drill a hole in the stock pan and have the AN fitting welded right to the pan, no leaks, no BS, it will never fail, EVER. I had the slow boy racing adaptor plate to use the EVO pan with AN fittings and it leaks all the time from the gasket.

DryBear
08-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Along those lines, does the pan for the 3KGT VR4 have something similar in terms of holes for the oil lines?

Stewi
08-28-2006, 04:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'>Along those lines, does the pan for the 3KGT VR4 have something similar in terms of holes for the oil lines?</div>

yes

Johnathansgalant
08-28-2006, 05:13 PM
thanks for the replys -- ive been looking at the evo oil pans and its just more money and im gonna tap my pan easier cheaper - one question i have is where can i get the oil inlet flange for a 14b turbo. I found the drain flange and i have the lines but i cant find the inlet flange by itself.. >> i dont mean to change my subject but i dont want to waste space.. Thanks

Stewi
08-28-2006, 05:16 PM
www.slowboyracing.com

Johnathansgalant
08-28-2006, 05:23 PM
thanks - ive been there and i can find the drain flange but not the inlet flange ?? turbo acc - turbo -- mitsu parts oem i cant find it.. ?? any other sites ?? thanks again

Stewi
08-28-2006, 06:43 PM
call them.

Johnathansgalant
09-07-2006, 04:12 PM
call them.

Hey thanks for the help... i found the inlet for mitsu tdo5/6 at hahn racecraft with brandons (4g64t) help..