PDA

View Full Version : 9g galant info

Censee
11-13-2002, 10:07 PM
well i was at the international auto show this past weekend and i spoke to one of the mitsubishi guys that were presenting the cars.we started talking and i told him about the galant center and spoke about galants in general.i asked him on how the 9g galant was gonna look like.and i dunno if anyone remembers a pic that was on here with a yellow evo and a silver car that everyone thought would be the next galant.well the guy i was speaking with was there at the time they took that pic when they were presenting those cars.and definately he told me that that was the 9g galant.he said maybe small minor changes will be made but thats the car.small like ,one more slot in the grill,or half an inch longer or shorter for example,but thats wat it will look like.and i was talking to him about giving the galant some balls,...no plans for the vr4 coming to the us any time soon. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif but mitsubishi is focusing on their evo debut at the moment.

Tiptronic
11-13-2002, 10:11 PM
makes you wonder if they will ever get the picture. there is more and more demand for their cars, and if they dont start listening to the consumer (US) they are going to fall way behind in the race.

HeadAche
11-13-2002, 11:07 PM
In my view they have already fallen way way back in the whole scence.. The best move they made was bring the EVO to the US.. IF u really think about about every known manufacture has at least 2-3 cars that are included into the whole import scene..

Mazda has the Protoge's and P5..
Toyota the Corolla S (well kinda) and the Celica
Nissan 350z and the Sentra SER
Ford Focuz ZX3, Mustang's GT & Corbas, and the freaking Lightning
Volkswagen Beetle 18.t, and Passat 2.0t

and u still have Honda, Subaru, and Volvo to contend with u really dont have to ask about those guyz all they do is make power ready cars. Mitsu all we really have is the EVO coming out in 03' the eclipse, and us 8ger's who are ready to whoop as but we need a stable platform to rely on.. We did have the GSt and GSX, but we all know what happened their, out of production.. We need power and a 6-speed tranny's, no more freakin sport tronic 4-5speed auto's, their not dependable... come on Mitsu wake up and look at the scene, give us something...

RedGalant2k1
11-14-2002, 03:21 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MITSU_I4)</div><div class='quotemain'>makes you wonder if they will ever get the picture. Â*there is more and more demand for their cars, and if they dont start listening to the consumer (US) they are going to fall way behind in the race.</div>

It would make no sense for MItsubishi to sell the EVO, VR4, and other turbo'd Mitsu's over here until a market could be understood or established. I'm sure if the EVO does good the VR4 Galant will be arriving the next year or two because people will need a UPGRADE from the EVO8 https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Auto-9
11-14-2002, 08:51 AM
I don't think the VR-4 will ever come back...especially with the apparent cutting of it from the product line in the world market...it's like the car vanished without a trace.

Nick VR4
11-14-2002, 09:16 AM
You are right Rallifan
Its being stopped from production end of this year

And would Mits actually let this be
1) built in the US
2) changed from LHD to RHD on the chance of selling a few
I dont think so its rare enough in the UK already

Ghost Beat
11-14-2002, 11:23 AM
as sad as it is id have to agree with rally too i highly doubt were gona see a vr4 coming to the state side through dealerships but if it did i sure as hell would be down for one but realisticly i highly doubt its ever gona show here other than the few that some people with millions of dollars had imported

Gilhuly
11-19-2002, 01:23 PM
I'm getting off topic, but look at the bright side, the 3.0 is a great base platform to do extraordinary things. We are about to be able to break into our ECUs thanks to the work RIPP is doing with desktop software. If we are able to get the prices of internals and engine parts down the 3.0 platform will represent a huge opportunity to create cheap muscle. Look at what you can score a used Galant for! These cars are totally underappreciated. In ten years, people won't believe you could buy a 3 year old Galant with 50k or 9 or ten grand

Fishboy55
11-19-2002, 05:26 PM
Hey Gilhuly, Tell us more about what Ross is doing for the ECU mods via desktop software. I just perked up on that idea!!

Thanks,
Chip

evomk8
11-22-2002, 11:46 AM
With the new COLT having a new MIVEC engine, there are now rumors floating that Mitsu is going to use the MIVEC heads on most of its engines for Japan, Europe and the U.S.
In 1997 Mitsu launched a JDM Diamante with the 6G72 3.0l V6 DOHC MIVEC that made 270PS @ 7000rpm :shock: and 225ft/lbs of torque @ 4500rpm.
With the U.S. having stricter emission laws and preference for low to mid range torque, the engine will likely have to be re-tuned.
Lets all hope that we either get that or a 3.5l V6 6G74 as the optional engine.
The 2.4l I-4 4G64 would be a new design, but since the MIVEC head can be easily redesigned to fit the block, cost should be ok and power should easily reach 165hp and have max tourque at around 165 to 170 ft/lbs. RPM's willikely be on the higher side... :?

Gilhuly
11-23-2002, 11:13 AM
Yeah Chip,

I'm following the stuff on3G as I know you do. I am really interested in this development effort particularly as I am going to be getting headers and HFC and I think that this software can make SAFC/SAFR obsolete, or at least unneccessary. The whole thing with those seems pretty hit or miss with each individual car and probably necessitates the use of a witch doctor! I have been following these AFC/AFR fix threads as well. Now you don't run either, am I correct - just the headers with the RR FPR? Do you have any idea if you run rich or lean? your level of mods is similar to where I'll be in the not too distant future.

GalantT3
11-23-2002, 11:25 PM
Ok back to the topic at hand the 9th Gen Galant:

What do we really know about this car? Its larger, uglier, but its going to have the 3.5 Liter Diamante Engine tweaked hopefully to 250 hp as promised right? And maybe some real features, navigation system, HID etc? What else, I dont really see anything about this Galant thats gonna make it stand out from the competition. The Altima is killing everyone, there everywhere and the new accord is starting to pop up more and more. But suprisingly Im starting to see a lot of 2002 Galants!

I just dont know about this 9th gen. I bashed this car when I first saw the picture but maybe it just needs some time to grow on me.

But from that picture I still think its nasty!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: