PDA

View Full Version : New Transmission/Torque Converter

WarmAndSCSI
08-30-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm having the dealership install my new (used) transmission tomorrow along with Rezlo's Pro tq. converter. Hopefully everything goes well! A transmission cooler is soon to come, so I'll try to take some pics this weekend while I install it. This is going to be a nice combination with the SDS :twisted:

WarmAndSCSI
08-31-2006, 10:11 AM
Well, they're getting it put on. Apparently, I was lied to about the already steep $800 price to get it put on. The douchebag service manager is going to charge me an extra $100 to "work around my aftermarket parts." I should have had a private shop do this all for $450 https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

9G
08-31-2006, 10:18 AM
but dont the stealership warranty them for a year?

WarmAndSCSI
08-31-2006, 10:25 AM
It would have been $3000 to get them just to replace my fluid pump and replace the tq. converter with an OEM one. I chose to give them a good condition used transmission from a Stratus and a Rezlo tq. converter. So, no, I get 0 warranty. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

9G
08-31-2006, 10:28 AM
errr.. hopefully that trans is in good condition and they install it right.

WarmAndSCSI
08-31-2006, 10:34 AM
It's in wonderful condition from what I can tell. It looks to have been previously rebuild by the dealership based on a recall or something. I could be wrong though :?

9G
08-31-2006, 10:39 AM
hope all is well. hehe

n3oAcid24
08-31-2006, 10:55 AM
im thinking of installing a Rezlo Convertor to my tranny. any info or picz will help man thanks. let me know how everything turns out. good luck.

underated
08-31-2006, 07:49 PM
yah keep us updated on this and maybe a video of what your launch is like after the install...

WarmAndSCSI
08-31-2006, 10:38 PM
I think my torque converter must still be breaking in. It's brake-torquing to about 3000 RPM. It should be about 2500 RPM above stock stall speed (Rezlo Pro). I'm guessing I should be able to launch at 4000 RPM once it gets broken in.

And, yes, the dealership installed the new one :wink:

n3oAcid24
09-01-2006, 09:43 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WarmAndSCSI)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think my torque converter must still be breaking in. Â*It's brake-torquing to about 3000 RPM. Â*It should be about 2500 RPM above stock stall speed (Rezlo Pro). Â*I'm guessing I should be able to launch at 4000 RPM once it gets broken in.

And, yes, the dealership installed the new one Â*:wink:</div>

dude can i ask something? how much hp do you have? why did you choose the pro kit instead of the of the street kit?

WarmAndSCSI
09-01-2006, 09:58 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(n3oAcid24)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WarmAndSCSI)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think my torque converter must still be breaking in. Â*It's brake-torquing to about 3000 RPM. Â*It should be about 2500 RPM above stock stall speed (Rezlo Pro). Â*I'm guessing I should be able to launch at 4000 RPM once it gets broken in.

dude can i ask something? how much hp do you have? why did you choose the pro kit instead of the of the street kit?</div>

~280 WHP right now. I plan to go to SDS stage 2 since my engine is still really strong. I will be making over 325 WHP when I'm done.

n3oAcid24
09-01-2006, 10:39 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WarmAndSCSI)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(n3oAcid24)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WarmAndSCSI)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think my torque converter must still be breaking in. Â*It's brake-torquing to about 3000 RPM. Â*It should be about 2500 RPM above stock stall speed (Rezlo Pro). Â*I'm guessing I should be able to launch at 4000 RPM once it gets broken in.

dude can i ask something? how much hp do you have? why did you choose the pro kit instead of the of the street kit?</div>

~280 WHP right now. I plan to go to SDS stage 2 since my engine is still really strong. I will be making over 325 WHP when I'm done.</div>

nice. i just didnt know your numbers man. sorry to doubt.

9G
09-01-2006, 02:16 PM
:shock: nice man.

manybrews
09-01-2006, 05:07 PM
torque converters have no "break in" period. The stall speed will not change unless you increase or decrease the output of your engine.

underated
09-01-2006, 09:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>torque converters have no "break in" period. Â*The stall speed will not change unless you increase or decrease the output of your engine.</div>

thats what i was thinking but i wasnt sure

WarmAndSCSI im pretty sure you have a 3k stall converter meaning that you can hold the brake and rev to 3000 instead of the stock converter which if i remember correctly is 1800 i dont think its 3k over the stalk stall

but i could be wrong lol if it is infact what you say it is let ian know hes a cool guy im sure he can figure it out

WarmAndSCSI
09-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Hmmm, I guess the "break in" period was just my wishful thinking. This engine puts out quite a lot of power once it hits boost, so I think I was sent the wrong stall speed converter. I'll send Ian an e-mail to see if he knows anything.

Thanks guys.

underated
10-01-2006, 06:24 PM
any update on the converter? video? timeslips?