PDA

View Full Version : Damn Pasenger door lock

11-14-2002, 03:01 AM
It happens once a while. The passenger door does not open from inside... even after locking /unlocking it a few times... Have to do it Limo style opening from outside.

I'll be visiting my dealer this weekend before my warranty expires.
1) door lock
2) glove box rattle
3) squeaking brakes

TJC
11-16-2002, 01:30 AM
Sounds like the motor/solenoid for flipping the door locks is either weak or an adjustment might be needed to set just the right amount of travel to open and close properly.

BlaqueOut
11-17-2002, 11:31 PM
Eyyyy!!! Mine's doing the same damn thing. Its annoying. Also on the same door (passenger), the window makes a rattling sound when the door is shut. Im about to take it back to the dealership to have then adjust it. I think what happend to mine was when I bought the car, they took it somewhere to add leather. When adding the leather that had to take the door apart to add the leather to the door as well. They might have put it back together incorrectly. If they can't fix it, imma be pissed. Lemme know what happens with yours. Holla Back.

toc8g
11-18-2002, 12:57 AM
Damn,..my 2000 did the same thing.

11-18-2002, 01:28 AM
OK... waitied 3 hrs at dealership saturday morning...

1) they say the brake squeal or whatever you call that noice since my pads are down to 15% and wants $150 to fix. I told him it's been doing it for a long time... and he says that alittle bit is normal.

2) supposedly adjusted my glove box thing so it won't rattle.

3) can't find what's wrong with the door since it's working fine and told me to bring it right away next time.

toc8g
11-18-2002, 01:53 AM
can't find what's wrong with the door since it's working fine and told me to bring it right away next time.

Exactly what I thought would happen if I took mine in so I didn't bother. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

TJC
11-18-2002, 02:38 AM
OK... waitied 3 hrs at dealership saturday morning...

1) they say the brake squeal or whatever you call that noice since my pads are down to 15% and wants $150 to fix. I told him it's been doing it for a long time... and he says that alittle bit is normal.

2) supposedly adjusted my glove box thing so it won't rattle.

3) can't find what's wrong with the door since it's working fine and told me to bring it right away next time.

Man, that is such B.S. For that price, they can just put in new pads. galantblue says he took his in and there is some replacement part for squeals which took care of his problem. As for the door problem, even if it didn't happen at the time your were their, if they really wanted to look into the problem, they should have taken apart the door to examine it. That's just poor service.