PDA

View Full Version : USDM TO JDM FRONT BUMPER ?

notiq85
08-31-2006, 11:08 PM
WANTED TO KNOW IF I COULD SWAP OUT MY USDM BUMPER WITH A JDM ONE AND IF IT'S A DIRECT BOLD ON SWAP. IF NOT WHAT MODIFICATIONS WOULD I HAVE TO DO? AND HOW ABOUT THE FOG LIGHT WILL THE USDM FOG LIGHTS FIT IN THE JDM BUMPER. IF NOT WILL JDM FOG LIGHT FLUG RIGHT IN TO THE ORIGINAL HARNESS. MY MAIN CONSER IS WEATHER ITS GOING TO BE A NICE AND TIGHT FIT AROUND THE USDM HEADLIGHT AND GRILL OR IF IM GOING TO HAVE TO REPLACE THEM TOO. PLEASE HELP.

milo111000
08-31-2006, 11:12 PM
do a search but there has been quite a few who's got jdm fronts.. you can ask them too.. but pretty sure you can put it with a little mods

notiq85
08-31-2006, 11:26 PM
I SEARCHED FOR A WHILE BUT THE ONY THING I FOUNG WAS HOW TO REPLACE USDM HEADLIGHTS WITH JDM. I WAS HOPING SOMEONE HAD A TUTORIAL OR SOME GOOD INSTRUCTION.

rhd24
08-31-2006, 11:44 PM
well when we swap the usdm head light for the jdm one, we have to cut around the area where the radiator is. If you aready have the JDM and you go usdm you will have a gap between your new heads and your grill and it may be loose

gtx
09-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Welcome aboard, and please turn off caps lock :wink:
You'll get the best result by swapping the heads and the grill too at the same time.

Sillyasianz
09-01-2006, 12:34 AM
post pictures of ur car so we know what were working from

pinoyesv6
09-01-2006, 12:40 AM
if you're really concerned about gaps you're gonna have to replace the headlights and grille also.

FrankMB
09-01-2006, 07:39 AM
You need to :

1. Cut the crash bar or remove or fabricate depending on which JDM bumper you want. It screws on the same place on the side. Fogs are different and need to be rewired.

2. You need the JDM heads and Grille and to install these, you need to cut the frame, move the radiator, bang in the frame, cut some pcs of the heads, rewire the lights and when you're done, it bolts to the stock mounting points on the top and side.

Edit :
You're in Germany??

notiq85
09-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey rhd24 you wouldn't happen to have any pic of this convertion by any chase would you? :? :?:

Caps lock's off gtx...lol https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Sillyasianz i will post pic of my car by on saturday but i'll let yall know right now it stock i just got it three weeks ago. But i wana get started working on it.

FrankMB thanks for the info looks like i got some work cut out for me huh. I wish someone ahd some pic of this conversion this would help me out alot. And yes i am in germany im in U.S. Army i have been stationed out here since april2004. But recently retured from a year long deployment to iraq. So since im in germany and the cars out here are jdm i figured i'dd look into this convertion.

njjfudge
09-01-2006, 10:55 AM
I dont get it :? Do you have a USDM Galant in Garmany, or are you planing on converting you Galant when you get back to the states :?:

All the Galants I have seen from Germany are World-Spec
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/2095000-2095999/2095377_1_full.jpg
8g from Germany^^^
Correct me if i'm wrong.

notiq85
09-01-2006, 11:12 AM
I have a usdm galant in germany . I was talking to one of my boyz out here and he told me that the galants out here in the german economy were jdm. Now acording to what you are telling me their not. What is World-Spec ? is that jdm or usdm or something completly diffrent. By looking at your pic it looks like your in germany or were. If so p.m. me with your # maybe u could help me im all confussed with this usdm,jdm,and World-Spec. The only thing im sure about is that my Galant is usdm. And i was looking into converting it to jdm because i was under the impression that the galants in the german economy were jdm thier by i could get the parts cheaper than waiting until i got to the states. Someone please help me!!!

njjfudge
09-01-2006, 11:23 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(notiq85)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a usdm galant in germany whic i purchased three weeks ago. (first mitsubishi ever) i was talking to one of my boyz out here and he told me that the galant out here in the german economy were jdm. Which i took his word for it. What is World-Spec ? is that jdm or usdm or something completly diffrent. By looking at your pic it look like your in germany as well if so p.m. me with your # maybe u could help me im all confussed cuz i new nothing about World-Spec the only thing im sure about is that my Galant is usdm. and i was looking into converting it to jdm because i was under the impression that the galants in germany were jdm. :?</div>

No i'm not in Germany that is a Galant I found on cardomain from Garmany. World-Spec Galants and JDM Galants pretty much look the same. USDM Galants look different because of the safty regulations we have in the USA regarding the size of bumpers and so on. If you Galant looks like the one in my post above, it is World-Spec so no need for a JDM converson.

This is my USDM Galant
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/2040000-2040999/2040633_66_full.jpg

ChuloMxcn
09-01-2006, 11:25 AM
I think thats a good idea to convert while you're out there because parts will be cheap, or you can just buy a G from out there. Anyway, world-spec is the same as JDM. Its just that JDM mainly refers to it coming from Japan and world-spec just means its from a different country. Im sure its the same specs though.

notiq85
09-01-2006, 12:28 PM
hey njjfudge my galant is deffitnaly usdm it looks like your body style not the first pic u posted.. I c u dropped your g . What type of step up did u use? looks nice .that looks about what i want on my g.
Thanks for the clarification ChuloMxcn with world and jdm spec. If only i didn't have to get all the safty features like njjfudge stated i would buy a jdm/world spec but it cost too much.There are alot of thing that need to be converted to meat U.S safty standarts. In order for me to be able to ship a non usdm vehicle. better off just doing the front end convertion.

Still looking for tutorial with pic on this convertion showing where to cut and reclocate radiator and lights so on so on. ANYONE?

njjfudge
09-01-2006, 12:43 PM
I am dropped on H&R Sport Springs.

and here you go.....8G JDM headlights ('https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=36351')