PDA

View Full Version : 7G DOHC headswap.... The easy way! ???

Pages : [1] 2

DOHCstunr
09-01-2006, 10:01 PM
You know, i was thinking,

if the cam on the 7g 4g64 sohc has the same slot for the distributor to plug into, as the 4g63t dohc's have on thier intake cam(only the ones with the triggers mounted opposite the timing belt side like on mine and seth's motors)

then i think it would be very possible to do a dohc headswap with ZERO wiring

you would just plug the distributor into the dohc head, tighten those two nuts, and call it a day.

of course the gains woudln't be as significant as with a ecu swap and such,
but you would still have the buttery smooth and wide powerband of the dohc, and you can always swap ecu's later on.

but with this method,
you would merely need a head, intake manni, headgasket, some new headstuds, and thats it.

which would definatly make the swap less complicated, and much much more affordable.

and of course it would become a modular upgrade path as well:

do the head first, upgrade the ignition and ecu later, then boost it for all the glory!!!!

4-G-rim
09-01-2006, 10:24 PM
That idea has actually ran across my head a few times. I have actually wanted to test if a 7g distrubuter would work on a DOHC head.

I have access to it..but I just never get the time to do it or I just forget it. Maybe a possible Labor Day weekend project? :wink:

DOHCstunr
09-01-2006, 10:25 PM
do it KEV!!!!

fastmgalant97
09-02-2006, 10:08 AM
will that actually work?

seth98esT
09-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Hmmm I think Id need pictures of a 7g Distributor. Maybe I can do some testing with a 7g dist and a 1g head at the junkyard for fitment hah.

Galant Kid
09-02-2006, 12:07 PM
DO IT, DO IT NOW.

I would so be up for a head swap if it was that simple! I hatehatehate wiring with a passion, despite the fact it's like everything else...follow procedures.

One day, I too will be a junk yard guru!

School's over, I miss wrenching. My parent hates when I do anything to this car.

I took off the hubcaps to spare them from any further road abuse and she freaked out. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

seth98esT
09-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Ahh dont worry, your parents will get less strict as you get older and can prove your skills https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

I remember back in my freshmen year of college, a couple buddies of mine went to the track and my parents wouldnt let me go lol. I just had the stock 4g64/Auto with a 60mm tb, CAI, SAFC, and my ricer can. I bet I would have run high 16s haha.

Dang parents!

phizz2k
09-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Hmmm this would be cool if it would work, being that I just put a 95 non-eprom eclipse ecu up on ebay 2 days ago https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif. I just didn't want to mess with the ecu YET. Iam still gathering parts to go turbo but the electrics has me stumped...

My main question (hope this isn't too far off topic) Is a logger and Safc/Emanage, all the same thing? I have a compaq ipaq pocket pc that I could buy an ob2 hot sync cord for. Would this be all I need as for air/fuel, Egt, and boost management?

If this worked there are plenty eclipse dohc junkers at my local junk yard that would give me a good price on them....

DOHCstunr
09-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Hmmm this would be cool if it would work, being that I just put a 95 non-eprom eclipse ecu up on ebay 2 days ago https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif. I just didn't want to mess with the ecu YET. Iam still gathering parts to go turbo but the electrics has me stumped...

My main question (hope this isn't too far off topic) Is a logger and Safc/Emanage, all the same thing? I have a compaq ipaq pocket pc that I could buy an ob2 hot sync cord for. Would this be all I need as for air/fuel, Egt, and boost management?

If this worked there are plenty eclipse dohc junkers at my local junk yard that would give me a good price on them....
you can log with yourcurrent ecu.
just get a cheap ebay obd2 logging cable for a 2g eclipse.
and some free software online, and you are ready to go. since you already have a pda.

phizz2k
09-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks a bunch DOHC, I'll take a look on ebay for that... I really appreciate it...

fastmgalant97
09-03-2006, 10:39 AM
okay back on subject i wana know if this dohc w/ a distributor would work if so then i no longer need to postpone my project if that really works i can have it done on thursday

peanotation
09-03-2006, 01:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fastmgalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>okay back on subject i wana know if this dohc w/ a distributor would work if so then i no longer need to postpone my project if that really works i can have it done on thursday</div>

yeah, if this is true i'm gonna do the headswap next weekend https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Sleepervr-4
09-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Serious if it works my 1g head is no longer for sale. Some one test it out.

Hodgson316
09-03-2006, 01:23 PM
ummm why don't the guys who actually have a 4g63 and 4g64 test it out? :? [/b]

fastmgalant97
09-03-2006, 01:27 PM
well if u think about it i dont really see why it wouldnt work if it has the slots for it and goes in flush then that is the only thing that i could think of that would cause it not to work if the slots are there and the intake cam spins the same as a cam on a sohc then this should work ......... i think need confirmation though

Hodgson316
09-03-2006, 01:29 PM
DOUBLE!!!

fastmgalant97
09-03-2006, 01:33 PM
dude u said that already

fastmgalant97
09-03-2006, 01:34 PM
maybe they dont wana mess there shyt up if it dont work

Hodgson316
09-03-2006, 01:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fastmgalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>maybe they dont wana mess there shyt up if it dont work</div>

so who do you expect to mess up their car???

fastmgalant97
09-03-2006, 01:43 PM
i dont expect ne one to mess there car up

DOHCstunr
09-03-2006, 11:09 PM
i should hacve done it when i had a parts car and my current motor.

i woudlnt't have been able to test it running
but i woudl have been able to see if ithe distributor plugs in.

if it does,
then it will work

without a single doubt in my mind

fastmgalant97
09-03-2006, 11:14 PM
okay ill do some experimenting at the junkyard tomorrow, ill keep yall posted and if this works.......... ill be the 1st to try it!!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

milo111000
09-04-2006, 06:00 AM
this is goooooood!!! anything yet???

peanotation
09-04-2006, 01:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fastmgalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dont expect ne one to mess there car up</div>

the worst that can happen is that it doesn't fit, and you just put the sohc head back on and waste a headgasket......big whoop. right now i can't dedicate the time to it unless it will work for sure. i don't have a garage and i don't want to to fail a headswap in the parking garage in front of all my neighbors https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

fastmgalant97
09-04-2006, 04:49 PM
wen to the junkyard to day and found a eclipse with dohc and found a galant with the distributor fitted the disrtibutor on to the DOHC and..................teh distributor fits and bolts on pretty damn good i even took the distributor apart mad made sure the slots fit into the cam .... no problem at all so this GREAT idea should work :shock: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

DOHCstunr
09-04-2006, 05:52 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fastmgalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>wen to the junkyard to day and found a eclipse with dohc and found a galant with the distributor fitted the disrtibutor on to the DOHC and..................teh distributor fits and bolts on pretty damn good i even took the distributor apart mad made sure the slots fit into the cam .... no problem at all so this GREAT idea should work Â* Â* :shock: Â*:D Â*:D</div>

yep
it will work.

i knew it would.

can't wait for the first guy to try it!!!

who's it going to be??????

<span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>
And so it begins...</span>

Galant Kid
09-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Dear GAWD!!

Well, there goes my second car fund...

I guess if I do this I'll be saving up for a new trans anyway! HAHAHAHAHA :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Seriously, someone go through this. Do a writeup, and then this will be every SOHC Galant owners dream. It'll be mine at least!

-Ian

peanotation
09-04-2006, 08:06 PM
hmm....

seth98esT
09-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Sweetness. This would save you pansys some wiring haha. I wonder what the limitations of the stock distributor are. Heck, if I could find a cheap 7g with skipped timing, Id do the headswap on it just for fun then use it as my beater https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

fastmgalant97
09-04-2006, 08:47 PM
ITS GONNA BE ME!!! i will officially be the first galant to put a distributor on a dohc ill do a tutorial while im going though it and take pics and yea all that shyt, should be done by the end of the weekend

Proto
09-04-2006, 08:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fastmgalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>ITS GONNA BE ME!!! Â*i will officially be the first galant to put a distributor on a dohc ill do a tutorial while im going though it Â*and take pics and yea all that shyt, should be done by the end of the weekend</div>

and the car run?

fastmgalant97
09-04-2006, 08:58 PM
thats what im hoping but unless i run into some major problems it will be working

Blue Ice
09-04-2006, 09:17 PM
so if i were to do my swap i could use my distributor instead of the coil pack?

fastmgalant97
09-04-2006, 09:22 PM
yes sir, it seems to fit perfectly dont know how it will run yet but will let yall know when im finished

DOHCstunr
09-04-2006, 10:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>so if i were to do my swap i could use my distributor instead of the coil pack?</div>

yes
well in YOUR/OUR case,
when swapping to the bulletproof 4g63t...
you wat to go all out with the coilpackls and turbo ecu.
there is no substitute for a knock sensor.

fastmgalant97
09-04-2006, 10:56 PM
will the dohc work w/o the knock sensor or will i have to wire it in somehow? and what about the injectors and resistor pack wont i have to wire those in 2

DOHCstunr
09-04-2006, 11:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fastmgalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>will the dohc work w/o the knock sensor or will i have to wire it in somehow? Â*and what about the injectors and resistor pack wont i have to wire those in 2</div>

nah nah nah
you will use yoru stock fuel system and everything

i was just speaking for blueICE cause he is dropping a 4g63t into his 7g.
which is much more involved, with much more on the line.
his turbo will require BIG injectors.

my stock 1994 GS 2.4DOHC had the exact same fuel injectors as the sohc.

all the knock sensor stuff is only if you want to swap over ecu's and run distributorless ignition.
which is great, but it costs more and requires more parts scavenging, as well as more steps are involved for the installation.

you will be fine with the
1g head, intake manifold, and 60mm throttle body.

trust me, you will see some serious gains for the amount of money and time involved.

BTW
what headgasket do you plan to use?
are you going to run ARP headstuds?
do you already have the timing belt?
Now is as good a time as ever to delete the balance shafts!

make sure you get the new head milled flat at a machine shop to insure a perfect seal to yoru new gasket.
DO NOT reuse your old head studs...
they are not reusable.

can't wait for you to finish man.

fastmgalant97
09-04-2006, 11:22 PM
not sure on the gasket yet any suggestions, yes i already have head studs already have timing belt not deleting balance shaft see no real gain there , head is already milled ,i cant wait either ive been waiting to do this forever it seems like but now that ive learned about this dohc w/ distributor im finally able to aford it i have had the parts for months now just was saving money for the ecu and shyt .

btw is the cam going to rotate the same direction or will i need to swap the spark plugs wire to differnt spaces, im not sure bout that if no one knows i guess ill find out this week

seth98esT
09-04-2006, 11:42 PM
The cams have to go the same way as the SOHC, its not a different motor. The firing order will not change, as the distributor and ECU are staying the same.

fastmgalant97
09-04-2006, 11:46 PM
thanx seth starting when i get off work 2 morrow

peanotation
09-05-2006, 12:46 AM
fastmgalant97 if you do the swap please please take pics and do a little write-up, if not a tutorial (if you please https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif ) i already have the head and belt sitting in my closet.....

as for headstuds, i have ARPs and they're great. read the directions when installing them, and follow the OEM tightening order. can't go wrong there...

i reccomend using the OEM headgasket. why? it's decently cheap (compared to the others) and statistically speaking, it's the most succesfull gasket compared to the others (HKS, cometic, etc). during the planning stage of my 4G64T engine build i spent hours and hours reading about HKS vs cometic vs OEM vs custom copper and the OEM had the least amount of failures. tons of people swore by the HKS or cometic, but there was the small handfull of people that had failures. did they install the gasket wrong? did they forget copper spray? did they mistorque the headstuds? who knows. there's a lot of room for error even when changing your oil, let alone a headgasket job.

my OEM gasket lasted 50K miles on the stock motor, then it lasted 10K miles before i blew it at 8psi. but it's the OEM 64 gasket, it's not designed for boost, but guys still boost it anyways and it's lasted most people for years. i ran the turbo for another 12K miles before pulling it, and i've put 5K miles on it since with the n/a motor...still strong. and you're not going to be running any boost.....yet

bronxbombr
09-05-2006, 02:48 AM
Well enuff talk and lets see some pics of the beginning project! Now you all got me really intrigued.

4-G-rim
09-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Good Luck on the install man..and take some pics of it too. Though what year Eclipse did you test it on? If I am correct..and someone please correct me if I am wrong. Don't the 7 bolt and the 6 bolt DOHC 4G63 heads have a different "fitting" issues? I might have to do more research..but I believe there is some modifications that have to be done concerning the CAS (for the coil pack type ignition)

1g headswap to 2g.
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/1g2ghea...swaptechtip.htm ('http://www.roadraceengineering.com/1g2gheadswaptechtip.htm')

My concern is which 4G63 head did you test the 7g distrubuter onto? 6 bolt or 7 bolt head? Whichever cylinder head the 7g distributer bolts on to is the cylinder head you have to use. (I am assuming here) I didn't get a chance to test fit the idea this weekend..but I will most likely test it today on 6 bolt head.

Now for the question of a distributer fired DOHC working correctly...I think it should be fine. As long the firing order is the same (It should) and the intake cam rotates the same rate as the SOHC cam...it should work fine. A setup like this would be similar as the Honda B series turbo guys are running. DOHC and a Distributer type of ignition...and from what I remember, they are running fine.

I am actually glad DOHCtuner brought this up...I had the idea about this recently, but just forgot about it mostly because getting my house was priority.Plus...I invested $$ into a Eprom 7g ECU and I don't like wiring...so this actually might make some changes to my plans to what I am doing with -G-rim. :wink:

DOHCstunr
09-05-2006, 09:10 AM
as i was telling matt the other day...
there are a couple of years on the 2g where the CAS is on the cam gear side of the head.(exactly like my 94GS was)
but at that, its not hard to modify the cam to get it to work, and hell, might as well get a 1g head anyways, so who cares.

MGalantES97
09-07-2006, 07:13 AM
hey its me fastmgalant97 i had to reregister bc it wouldnt let me log in but newayz iv had to postpone the head swap till sunday bc i had to order the headgasket and sunday is my next day off but im gona write up a tutorial for it and everything so those who want to run dohc with a distributor will have no problem

DOHCstunr
09-07-2006, 08:03 AM
hey its me fastmgalant97 i had to reregister bc it wouldnt let me log in but newayz iv had to postpone the head swap till sunday bc i had to order the headgasket and sunday is my next day off but im gona write up a tutorial for it and everything so those who want to run dohc with a distributor will have no problem

excellent,
make sure you use new manifodl gaskets(intake and exhaust), thotlle body gaskets, and you will need some new spark plugs.
in yoru case you will need NGK bpr6es plugs.
just get the standard ngkplug, nothing special, and gap it according to the specs for a 94 GS dohc.
once you get her running,
its probably time to make sure you have ZERO exhaust leaks from head to tip.
to insure you are getting maximum performance out of the new setup.

can't wait to see your results.

fastmgalant97
09-11-2006, 01:06 AM
alrighty now ...sorry to keep you guys in the dark about this shyt but ive been busy workin on my car and going to work every day now ive got the head bolted on and distibutor plugged in every things ready to go but i have to work in the morning so it will have to wait till 2morrow but im gona check over every thing like 3 or 4 times just to make sure then im gona add oil and antifreeze, and fire my baby up hopefully i wont have to diagnose 2much but i have a good feeling bout this i think its gona work well sorry no pics have been posted yet i have pics and im doing a tutorial so once im all ready to go i can go buy a new scanner and share this "EASY HEADSWAP" wasnt as easy as i thought but was not hard either getting the distributor to fit in there along with the cold air intake was a challange but i got it in there good now i will double check 2morrow afternoon well wish me luck guys talk to yall 2morrow about

PS: and if all goes well tomorrowthen next payday........ ITS TURBO TIME!!!!! :firedevil:

bronxbombr
09-11-2006, 04:04 AM
nice! cant wait to see the finished project.

peanotation
09-11-2006, 01:53 PM
sweet dude, keep us updated

seth98esT
09-11-2006, 02:22 PM
How did you plug the extra oil gallies on the block? I hope you didnt forget this step :)

Galant Kid
09-11-2006, 03:37 PM
How did you plug the extra oil gallies on the block? I hope you didnt forget this step :)

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing!

Ugh, WAITING FOR THIS IS FRUSTRATING...

Keep us updated man!

Some time this week I'll be: taking the bird shit off of my car before it digests the paint; removing 10 years of crap from everything that isn't on the outside of the car; possibly taking some of the interior apart to find some change; cleaning the interior (my G needs it!); and checking the condition of my brake pads.

fastmgalant97
09-11-2006, 05:15 PM
well well well sorry to frustrate u guys and i had a shop tap the holes and plug them so they are flush with the block i would have been pissed if i forgot that step!!!! :-P welll all is good she is up and running havent really done any eal tests yet just drover her round the block a few times and checked for leaks but is sounds good it idles good and it looks great, power gains, i can feel that they are there when i take off but im just tryin to get the head used to the block i dont want to fuck up my headgasket by drivin it real hard yet but so for no problems and the best part started up the first try no check engine light on or nothin no leaks, the distributor seems to be working good so i can safley say it was succesful but ill let u know how the power gain is im gonna drive it nice and easy for a few days then once im ready to risk all my good work and time and money i put into this project im takin it to the the track!!!!!! thanx u guys

<span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">pics coming 2morrow!!!! :firedevil</span>:

Hodgson316
09-11-2006, 05:24 PM
good job man... i knew you could do it(or someone would, lol)

seth98esT
09-11-2006, 05:25 PM
With a headgasket, theres not much breaking in. Just a few heat cycles and you should be good to womp on her! I replaced a head gasket, head cycled a few times, made sure there wasnt any leaks, and I was good to go. You will want to re-check the torque on the head studs after about 50 miles just to be sure they didnt back out at all from the expanding of the head, but other then that, theres not much break in required.

PICS!

Im going to show this thread to Moosh and JiP, they are going to be pissed taht they spent all that time wiring a different ECU and coil packs! lawlz!

bronxbombr
09-11-2006, 05:26 PM
yes and get cracking on the tutorial. :)

fastmgalant97
09-11-2006, 05:35 PM
so u mean i could go open her ass up rite now?!?!?!? ill be back in like an hour or 2 .......hopefully

4-G-rim
09-11-2006, 06:55 PM
That is great to hear man! Defiitely need to post some pics! I am hyped up the setup is working! :firedevil:

phizz2k
09-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Wow this is great news... Thanks a lot Fastngalant for being the risk taker on this one :). It looks like I got something new to add to my junk yard list :) and It also looks like the new head fits without a problem under the galant hood.

Post up some pics as soon as possible...

Great work

DOHCstunr
09-11-2006, 10:30 PM
hell yeah,
i just knew it would work.

Can't wait to see some pics and some vids!!!!

you shoudl have considerably more top end now.

it shoudl actually SOUND like its breathing better.

i wonder if this method would cross over to the 8g v6 using 3kgt heads?
i bet it would.

just imagine,
a 3.5l(diamante motor) DOHC stroker in a 8g....
mmmmm
talk about a powerband.

<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">
congrats on a job well done.</span>
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

da1085
09-12-2006, 02:22 AM
sweet!!!......i cant wait to see the pictures also...and the tutorial for it.....can you add a tools&material list for people like me.....this is indeed a great news for us.... 8)

thebirdman13
09-12-2006, 02:44 AM
i wonder if this method would cross over to the 8g v6 using 3kgt heads?
i bet it would.

just imagine,
a 3.5l(diamante motor) DOHC stroker in a 8g....
mmmmm
talk about a powerband.
<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">
congrats on a job well done.</span>
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

well, the internals fit in the V6... :lol: i'm sure the head could be swapped somehow... maybe i could work on this when i move back to PA in the spring and actually have a garage to work in...

bronxbombr
09-12-2006, 11:29 AM
werd, anything is possible

4-G-rim
09-12-2006, 01:14 PM
I am kicking myself in the butt for not thinking of this and doing this at the time I turbo'ed the car.

BTW: You used a 4G63 timing belt right and the 4G64 spark wires right?

peanotation
09-12-2006, 02:09 PM
BTW: You used a 4G63 timing belt right and the 4G64 spark wires right?

i'm pretty sure the 63 timing belt doesn't fit on the 64DOHC due to the extra deck height. this is a problem with guys building the 7bolt 2.4 vs the 7bolt 2.0

seth98esT
09-12-2006, 03:09 PM
From my knowledte, you use a 4g64 DOHC timing belt and cam gears(for the timing marks).

peanotation
09-12-2006, 03:24 PM
i know you can swap the cam gears over, but you need to remark the tdc mark on them, i believe it's 1.5 teeth off?

Blue Ice
09-13-2006, 03:59 PM

so if a guy were to go out and get a dohc head, which oil galleys would they need to plug before putting the head on.

pics please.

seth98esT
09-13-2006, 04:03 PM
http://www.4g64.com/users/raycer97/oilholes.jpg

From the headswap tutorial page: http://www.4g64.com/users/raycer97/

bronxbombr
09-13-2006, 04:32 PM
nice going on the pic Seth!

Blue Ice
09-13-2006, 07:43 PM
you do know... this changes everything :twisted:

DOHCstunr
09-13-2006, 08:51 PM
you do know... this changes everything :twisted:

yes its an upgrade,
but still,
if i were you i woudl continue along your same path,
although this mod is a fairly simple and painless way to get a significantly higher power out of your 4g64,
there is still no substitute for a knock sensor, distributorless ignition, and a turbo or galant gs ecu.

you can still boost this setup, but the mechanical and tuning limits are the same as with the 7g sohc, however you of course will make more pwoer across a greater powerband with this setup, turbo or no.

by all means, if you desire, go ahead and boost yoru motor with the dohc head.

but i mean,
you are already so close to the 4g63t setup, why cut yourself short at this point,
all you need is a little wiring.

but to everyone else,
if you seriously want to add some power and capability to yoru engine,
do this mod.
just think about the new levels of power you can run....
now that you ahve a 4g63 head,
you can get cams, valves, valvesprings, camgears, different intake manifold options...
all for the 1g or 2g eclipse turbo!
that means you can get used parts fopr CHEAP off ebay or tuners and increase your power.

i imagine this setup with some cams and a good tune could get you into the 13's without a lot of hassle, or any boost.

those of you that are more willing to drop the dime... could see 12's!

da1085
09-14-2006, 09:37 PM
you guys are goingto hate me for this but i cant wait till the first dohc galant(this way) finishes......well im actually wondering if you guys can write the materials needed for this.....i'm asking for the list because im really considering on doin this on one of my 7g's....thanks.....

crap never mind i didnt see the website...im so sorry

DOHCstunr
09-14-2006, 10:26 PM
well well well sorry to frustrate u guys and i had a shop tap the holes and plug them so they are flush with the block i would have been pissed if i forgot that step!!!! :-P welll all is good she is up and running havent really done any eal tests yet just drover her round the block a few times and checked for leaks but is sounds good it idles good and it looks great, power gains, i can feel that they are there when i take off but im just tryin to get the head used to the block i dont want to fuck up my headgasket by drivin it real hard yet but so for no problems and the best part started up the first try no check engine light on or nothin no leaks, the distributor seems to be working good so i can safley say it was succesful but ill let u know how the power gain is im gonna drive it nice and easy for a few days then once im ready to risk all my good work and time and money i put into this project im takin it to the the track!!!!!! thanx u guys

<span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">pics coming 2morrow!!!! :firedevil</span>:

Whats the scoop man?
empty promises? 8-)

You said pics almost 3 days ago....
i'm tired of your lies. :cry:

Now,
on with the pics,
anf the footage.

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Arial Black">lets see what you have created</span></span>

Joaltava
09-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Dude whats up man, where the pics, whats going on

We are all waiting for your pics man :(

da1085
09-17-2006, 05:57 PM
what's the deal on this?? any news on this proect?

bronxbombr
09-17-2006, 07:49 PM
werd!

4-G-rim
09-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Ok...today I did some packing up getting ready to move into my house. Well I finally found my distributer from my 95 Galant. I went ahead to fit things to my spare 1g 4G63 DOHC cylinder head:

The 7g distributor doesn't fit. :-? I compared the 1g CAS to the 4G64 SOHC distributor there is a big difference.
First off the distributor shaft where on a SOHC 4G64 head it would just slide into the cylinder head and the rotor slot wouldn't fit into the end of the camshaft. Well the 7g distributor shaft is too wide to even fit into the 63 DOHC head. So basically...the rotor slot won't reach the end of the intake camshaft and no way it would seal or even bolt it to the head.

Basically it won't fit...or at least I can't get it to fit, I don't see how. I don't know if its just the 94-95 distributor are different from 96-98, but I don't think that would make a difference.

Fast...please post pics on what you did to make the distributor fit into the DOHC head, because I don't see how you did it. I wish I had a digital camera to show what I am talking about :sad:

Proto
09-17-2006, 08:06 PM
the 94-95 are diff from the 96-98 distribs.

4-G-rim
09-17-2006, 08:11 PM
the 94-95 are diff from the 96-98 distribs.

Well..yes, I should of clarified myself. I know the actual rotor and cap are different from the 94-95 vs 96-98 distributors. What I was referring to was the shaft that goes into the cylinder head.

jake26
09-17-2006, 09:05 PM
PICS TUTORIALS NEEDED QUICk i can go to the yard tomorrow and snag a head of of a talon tsi

da1085
09-18-2006, 05:22 PM
does this mean it doesn't fit?.....damn......i hope it works with a 97 dist.....

seth98esT
09-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Kevin tried teh 94-95 Dist, this fast guy had a 97. Not sure on the differences between the two.

bronxbombr
09-18-2006, 05:57 PM
well figure it out and post the TuT!

peanotation
09-18-2006, 06:22 PM
PICTURES!

phizz2k
09-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Hmm although I'am all for this project, I have a hard time unerstanding this working. I would like to see some pics from fastmgalant's build but how long is that gona take :roll:

I took apic from a 1g eclipse cas and compared it to a pic of a 96-98 distributor on ebay... I can understand what 4-G-Rim was sayin about the 4g64 distrubitor being to wide through these pics. It also looks as if it is too long as well, but that just may be me.

Well here are the photos... What do you guys think

4g64 96-98 sohc distributor
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/22001081/Images/2/MT03%20Overall.jpg

4g63 1g cas
http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/08/64/82/81_1.JPG

Regardles, I will check out a local junkyard 2morrow morning and see if I can get any 7g distributor to fit into a 4g63 dohc....

DOHCstunr
09-18-2006, 09:26 PM
if its just that its too long,
just remove the studs and get some longer bolts.
it will stick out a tad, but the o ring will still seal.

4-G-rim
09-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Well...not only is it too long, the diameter of the 7g distributor is too wide to even slide into the DOHC head. Compare the pic of the CAS sensor compared to the part of the 7g distributor that suppose to slide into the cylinder head.

Like I said..I wish I had a digital camera to show pics of what I am trying to describe. :-(

Blue Ice
09-19-2006, 01:34 AM
well i have some time this week, a 1g dohc head, a 94 distributor, and a good camera phone. and i will post pics... it just might be end of the week

harr harr

da1085
09-19-2006, 01:40 AM
sweet!.....if this works i'll have another project.....of by the way it kinda sux working at autozone's parking lot....changing a starter without having any tools sux specialy if you've been drivin around for like 3 hours....but with that aside, i hope we can find out the answer on this question....."7G DOHC head swap.....The easy way! ???" :)

4-G-rim
09-19-2006, 07:30 AM
Alright..I am going to take pics tonight and post what I am explaing about the issue of the distributor not fitting into the DOHC head.

seth98esT
09-19-2006, 09:46 AM
I thought I posted, I think it got deleted, along with Peanos last post!

Who ever "tests" this theory needs to use a 96-98 Dist as the 94-95 has already been tested to no avail. Doesnt matter if its a 1g head or a 2g as they both have the ports there for the CAS, just the 2g doesnt use one stock.

4-G-rim
09-19-2006, 10:20 AM
I am going to test the distributor from -G-rim today on the 1g DOHC head to see if the 96-98 distributors fit. Though I am a bit confused right now though. This would mean 94-95 4G64 SOHC heads were different from the 96-98 4G63 SOHC heads IF the 96-98 distributor fits into the 4G63 head and not the 94-95 distributors.

Get what I am saying? :???:

seth98esT
09-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Yes, but I woudlnt put it past Mitsu, they change little things like that all the time. I am pretty skeptical at this point that it will fit. I think Mr Fast pulled a Fast one on us!

DOHCstunr
09-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Yes, but I woudlnt put it past Mitsu, they change little things like that all the time. I am pretty skeptical at this point that it will fit. I think Mr Fast pulled a Fast one on us!

if it didn't fit,
i garuntee it would hardly be impossible to make an adaptor.
i wish i would have tried this while i still had that parts car.

seth98esT
09-19-2006, 11:09 AM
I will go to the yard tomorrow and try a 97/98 Dist on a 1g head.

Pansies!

Idk, I got nothing...

4-G-rim
09-19-2006, 11:48 AM
I will go to the yard tomorrow and try a 97/98 Dist on a 1g head.

Pansies!

Idk, I got nothing...

96-98 should be the same distributors. Like I said...I am going to see how the 96 distributor from -G-rim fits on the DOHC head.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>if it didn't fit,
i garuntee it would hardly be impossible to make an adaptor.</div>

I have already started trying to figure how I can. ;)

Though...i should really step up and do more packing. My significant other has done a bit more packing than me :-|

jake26
09-20-2006, 12:01 AM
ugh i am getting very impatient with that guy, still waiting on those pics, and the talon tsi head still waits for me at the junk yard, dude please post pics...

jjmoneydawg
09-20-2006, 12:39 AM
ugh i am getting very impatient with that guy, still waiting on those pics, and the talon tsi head still waits for me at the junk yard, dude please post pics...

I think he's just pulling our chain, I know if I did this, I would be bragging with pics.

jake26
09-20-2006, 04:51 PM
I think he's just pulling our chain, I know if I did this, I would be bragging with pics.

definalty or he might have done it just something went wrong i dunno, i guess we just need to wait or do this without waiting on him

4-G-rim
09-20-2006, 06:00 PM
I haven't gotten a chance to take pics or test fit the distributor from -G-rim to the DOHC head since yesterday was raining pretty much ALL night. Sooo...I found some pics of the 4G64 motor in my 7g and the 4G63 motor in my Galant VR4 to show you the differences.

SOHC 4G64 cylinder head
If you look at the pic...I circled the big difference between the DOHC head and the SOHC head. The SOHC has a "sleeve" that kinda pertrudes out. The distributor "shaft" slides into this sleeve to where the rotor in the end of the shaft slides into the slot on the camshaft.
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2640/64pic2yo4.jpg

DOHC 4G63 cylinder head
Now where the CAS (Cam Angle Sensor) is on the DOHC head...there is no "sleeve". Without this sleeve..there is no way the distributor will fit into the DOHC head since the distributor shaft is about a inch in length. Also not the mention the diameter of the distributor shaft exceeds the diameter of the hole of the DOHC head where the CAS would bolt on to.
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2177/63pic2wg1.jpg

Now from visual inspection...I don't see any difference between the SOHC cylinder heads of a 1996 (from -G-rim) and the 1995 cylinder head (from my old 95 Galant), they look identical. Like I said....there is a difference between the my 95 distributor and the 96 distributor, which is the cap and rotor. Their shafts though are idenitical from visual inspection.

So right now...I don't know how FastGalant got the distributor to fit into the DOHC head.

milo111000
09-20-2006, 07:13 PM
so how's the ride on it?? working good?? no probs?

jake26
09-21-2006, 07:42 AM
good point on that, i think he was just messing with us, i wont belive nothing untill i see some pictures and there better be no photoshopping them either ha hahahahhahha. but please if any one has access to a 1g or 2g head and has the available parts try it and see if it works.

4-G-rim
09-21-2006, 07:56 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>if any one has access to a 1g or 2g head and has the available parts try it and see if it works</div>

I have the parts. I already tried a 94-95 distributor on the DOHC head and it doesn't fit. Tonight for sure I will be testing if the 96-98 distributor will work on the DOHC head which I HIGHLY doubt it will. Pics will come very soon.

Blue Ice
09-21-2006, 01:08 PM
when you test it. Can you also check to see if it will fit if a spacer, or mount was made? i see what you were talking about with the how the dist is mounted to the sohc. I think it would might fit if there was the same kind of mount on the dohc.

4-G-rim
09-21-2006, 01:19 PM
when you test it. Can you also check to see if it will fit if a spacer, or mount was made? i see what you were talking about with the how the dist is mounted to the sohc. I think it would might fit if there was the same kind of mount on the dohc.

I get what you are saying and actually if the distributor shaft was alot shorter, it would match the mounting points as the DOHC CAS would. The other issue though is the diameter of the distributor, its much wider than the opening on the DOHC head. Oh well...i'll just post pics, they will explain ALOT better than I could. :-?

Joaltava
09-21-2006, 05:26 PM
well lets see how it all turns out, ill check to see if the hole in my DOHC head is big enough to fit the distributor

seth98esT
09-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Yah I think this guy is joking with us! Im sure the concept will work, whether or not you will need some sort of spacer made, thats another problem. Any descent machine shop would be able to make one for you, price is where it may or not be worth it. Probably &#036;50-200 to get something like that machined from a block of aluminum.

peanotation
09-25-2006, 01:30 PM
i wonder if he did the headswap and his car blew up the next day and he's just been too busy dealing with that to post up

4-G-rim
09-25-2006, 01:42 PM
i wonder if he did the headswap and his car blew up the next day and he's just been too busy dealing with that to post up

He was last signed on Yesterday at 6:12pm :-|

jjmoneydawg
09-25-2006, 01:58 PM
pics or ban!

bronxbombr
09-25-2006, 04:53 PM
pics or ban!

LOLOL. Flame on! :firedevil:

peanotation
09-25-2006, 05:06 PM
pics or i'll come to your house and start raping the women

bronxbombr
09-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Ya i will strip the car and Peono will tie you up, and like STAR said we will put er on the strip to make us some turbo money! lolol

Proto
09-25-2006, 05:41 PM
pics or i'll come to your house and start raping the women

what women? he probaly lives alone.

4-G-rim
09-25-2006, 06:50 PM
I got a chance to take some pics today of why I say the distributor DOHC isn't going to work. Sorry for the delay..I have been packing for the past several days and getting ready to close on the house. I will try to get the pics posted tomorrow.

da1085
09-26-2006, 02:07 AM
i've been keeping up with this thng for a while and i think this guy should be ban for pulling our SOHC chains

does the 1.8L eclpise use coil packs?? if they dont, they must have a smaller distributor than our 2.4L motors...maybe it might fit on the DOHC from a 2G eclipse and since we'll be using them for our motors hen we might be able to use the 1.8 rotors....well since the stock distribtor is too big for the DOHC.....the only thing the ecu needs is to know when to fire right?? i dont know, maybe im wrong...

im hopping that the 1.8L doesn't use coil packs since if they do i just wasted time writing this reply.

or maybe even the 1.5L mirage.....

jake26
09-26-2006, 09:25 AM
seth i think you should ride to his house, and check insidce his garage!!! he lives in the same state as you!!!! HOPEWELL VA i think, dont know how far but same state!!

seth98esT
09-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Theres 3 HOPEWELL, VAs here! One is 2 hrs, 3hrs, and 4hrs from me ha!

jake26
09-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Theres 3 HOPEWELL, VAs here! One is 2 hrs, 3hrs, and 4hrs from me ha!

damn .................

da1085
09-26-2006, 10:03 AM
ok......i looked at some pctures from a 93-95 1.8L mirage and compaired it towards the Eclipse CAS (picture posted about a page ago) and they look really similarhttp://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/22001081/Images/DG21__OVERALL.JPG
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/22001081/Images/DG21__HOUSING.JPG
i would try this match up in the yard but i have no acces from one since im stayin at my dorm in san marcos, texas......WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??DOES IT HAVE A CHANCE?

seth98esT
09-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Oooh that does look close. I can check the yard tomorrow if it doesnt rain, they may or may not have a 1.8L Mirage though :/

1g CAS:
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclipsetech/justin/cas-180out.jpg

4-G-rim
09-26-2006, 11:48 AM
ok......i looked at some pctures from a 93-95 1.8L mirage and compaired it towards the Eclipse CAS (picture posted about a page ago) and they look really similarhttp://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/22001081/Images/DG21__OVERALL.JPG
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/22001081/Images/DG21__HOUSING.JPG
i would try this match up in the yard but i have no acces from one since im stayin at my dorm in san marcos, texas......WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??DOES IT HAVE A CHANCE?

:shock: ..Great Find da1085, that looks like it has more of a chance compared to a SOHC 64 distributor...MUCH better. Only issue is if the firing order is the same and if the plugs to the harness are the same. :-| Hope you have some luck and time Seth to find one in a junk yard...I won't since I am moving this weekend.

DOHCstunr
09-26-2006, 11:58 AM
firing order should be the same, if its not, all you wodl need to do is move the boots around on the distributor.

the plugs are most likely going to be different, and if thats the case, all need be done is cut the wire from the junkyard distributor.
obstacles yes, but not large ones by any means.

crosses fingers for the frugal dohc hopefulls

bronxbombr
09-26-2006, 11:59 AM
I see we are gettung closer and closer to having the answer.

da1085
09-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Oooh that does look close. I can check the yard tomorrow if it doesnt rain, they may or may not have a 1.8L Mirage though :/

1g CAS:

this is a nice picture of the CAS Seth!!
i spent like hours looking for one online and the one i found wasn't even as good of a picture as yours...
LOL...i've had my fingers crossed from the beginning of this thread lol......i'm tryin to locate a yard in my city since im like 2 hours away from the yard i used to go and get things.....

4-G-Rim good luck on moving in!

as for the me, i'm just going to hope that seth or someone can try this on and find out if it fits.

jake26
09-27-2006, 10:12 AM
egh the agony of waiting, its just like when you order something via ups.

i also am of high hopes for this thread, i have a yard with a talon 4g63 head waiting for me...

DOHCstunr
09-27-2006, 10:20 AM
egh the agony of waiting, its just like when you order something via ups.

i also am of high hopes for this thread, i have a yard with a talon 4g63 head waiting for me...

distributor or DIS you should be doing the headswap anyways.

just do it.

jake26
09-27-2006, 10:32 AM
distributor or DIS you should be doing the headswap anyways.

just do it.

yeah, saving up money now for it, i just bought that 600 dollar ticket to go to ireland to visit my brother :)

seth98esT
09-27-2006, 03:30 PM
92-94ish 1.8L Mirage Distributor will not fit in a 4g63 head. Pics:

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/2660/image1141da3.jpg
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/6104/image1142gj6.jpg
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/2236/image1143nf7.jpg
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8080/image1144gv0.jpg
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/6945/image1145gd1.jpg

Maybe an older Mirage?

This is of a 4g15 from a Dodge Colt, it used a dist, doesnt look to be the same patternt. I couldnt check as the Dist was already
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/2204/image1146kt5.jpg

da1085
09-28-2006, 12:20 PM
so any other ideas?? maybe the 1.5L mirages lol.....i can't think of any other cars that might have a smaller distributor

jake26
09-29-2006, 12:46 AM
i am done looking at this topic i am buying a head and few parts i should be DOHC within months!

da1085
09-29-2006, 04:12 AM
ok...i might get flamed for this idea..

i looked at some Honda distributors and they look kinda close....they have the 3 mounting but we might be able to just use 2 of them.....the early 90's civic and accords are the one i looked at(online lol)......

i just really want to get this thing going lol....

well i gues......FLAME ON.....

PS......the 1.5 mirrage seems to be smaller distributor than the 1.8......it's ebay lol....

Blue Ice
09-30-2006, 10:16 PM
i was wondering... is there any way to possibly, dismantle a distributor and a cam angle sensor. then combine the two? basically take the bottom of the cam angle sensor and mount the distributor in top of it. don't they essentially work the samew way?

i haven't seen either one in front of me at the same time, so this may be a stupid question.

Shadow19
09-30-2006, 10:31 PM
I have a 94 1.5 mirage in my back yard....................... If you guys want me to take pics ill go and see if i can take the Distributor out (if the car isnt wasp infested.. im HIGHLY allergic to them) and ill take pics...

seth98esT
09-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Theres not a way to take apart the distributor other then the cap and rotor. The mount and everything is all one peice.

DOHCstunr
09-30-2006, 11:09 PM
i was wondering... is there any way to possibly, dismantle a distributor and a cam angle sensor. then combine the two? basically take the bottom of the cam angle sensor and mount the distributor in top of it. don't they essentially work the samew way?

i haven't seen either one in front of me at the same time, so this may be a stupid question.

even if you could,
by the time you did all that,
it woudl have just as difficult to do the legit headswap ecu DIS and all.

might as well go all out.

kolio
10-02-2006, 01:27 AM
What would be the gains of this swap? if it's worth it all u need is the new head? I am new to the whole modifing thing, but if this could make my 7G better and worth it iwould do it.

bronxbombr
10-02-2006, 02:19 AM
welcome dude!

seth98esT
10-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Come on bronx, you didnt answer his question...

DOHC should yield you ~20 crank hp over SOHC. ALso the DOHC head flows more, will see more hp throughout the entire RPM range, and you will have better acesss on parts for building the head.

bronxbombr
10-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Well i didnt wanna tell the noob to use the search, but that is the first thing they should do is read the forum rules and regulations. Then the tutorial sections etc............then last but not least start asking away with the questions.

4-G-rim
10-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Ok...I finally got some pics and I hope this finalizes that the 4G64 SOHC distributor will not bolt up to the 4G63 DOHC head.

1. (Left) 4G63 DOHC cylinder with a 1g CAS in front of it (Right) 4G64 SOHC cylinder head with distributor
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/3235/headcompare6ix7.jpg

2. Comparison between the 1g CAS (Left) and the 4G64 Distributor(Right)
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5148/headcompare2pt9.jpg

3. Another comparison of the CAS and Distributor
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6460/headcompare3qj4.jpg

4. 4G64 SOHC distributor along side the spot where the 4G63 CAS would bolt to in the intake cam. Notice the diameter of the distributor and the diameter of the DOHC intake opening.
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/1189/headcomparert5.jpg

5 Here is a pic of WHY the 4G64 distributor will not work on the 63 DOHC head. Notice its much too big for the opening and length wise too.
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2579/headcompare4aj9.jpg

Another angle
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8474/headcompare5jt6.jpg

6. This is a side by side picture of the 4G63 head (left) and the 4G64 head (right) side by side. Compare the diameter of the opening where the CAS and Distributor would fit. The 4G64 cylinder head opening is MUCH larger.
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7931/headcompare7jp3.jpg

So there are my pics explaining why it won't work.

seth98esT
10-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Yah, 1.8L mirage dist is smaller, but still not small enough.

peanotation
10-10-2006, 03:15 PM
so i guess the guy never got it working....just thought he would

seth98esT
10-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Yah he was a big fat liar(unless he swapped to coil packs) as theres no way the 1.8L dist will fit let alone the 2.4L dist.

Blue Ice
10-10-2006, 06:15 PM
so where is the info explaining the coil pack rewire in depth. Can you list a couple of sights with this info?

I guess by looking at this picture, the rewire shouldn't be too hard... just four wires?
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6460/headcompare3qj4.jpg

seth98esT
10-10-2006, 06:21 PM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/index...0307&hl=jip (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/index.php?showtopic=50307&hl=jip)

JiPs tutorial is pretty good. Colors may vary depending on year, but the pins should be the same(maybe not on the ECU between 97/98, but comparable).

If your wanting to stay NA, you would want to use a 94 GS ECU or a 2g Spyder GS ECU.

jake26
10-10-2006, 11:04 PM
wow and he was like " i got it working guys" bull crap, he was just jerking our chain....

jjmoneydawg
10-11-2006, 11:08 PM
I say a public banning of the guy who lied to us. Someone get his address I will meet you all there. :firedevil:

jake26
10-13-2006, 01:13 PM
he lives somewhere in VA, i say seth is the closest to him heheheh

bronxbombr
10-13-2006, 05:00 PM
I say a public banning of the guy who lied to us. Someone get his address I will meet you all there. :firedevil:

Thats just messed up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

89Mirageman
10-29-2006, 08:12 AM
Well guys I just read through all these pages just to get let down like the rest of you. I'm wondering if a distributor from another car (non mitsu) could work? There has got to be one somewhere that will fit the DOHC head. Next time I'm at the junk yard I think I'll do some test fitting and see what I can come up with.

jjmoneydawg
10-29-2006, 10:31 PM
he lives somewhere in VA, i say seth is the closest to him heheheh

i live in va as well

THE-G
11-01-2006, 08:33 PM
so therefor there is no easy way of modding ur G

AND I LIVE IN VA TOO!!!

seth98esT
11-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Jeez, whered all you VA guys come from?

The wiring for the swap is not hard by any means. Its a handful of wires. I say removing the old head and reinstalling the new one is harder, and its not hard at all, just some physical work.

DOHCstunr
11-01-2006, 09:58 PM
wiring really is easy.
if you knwo yoru way around your engine bay, i'd say i could actually have all the wiring done in about 2.5-3 hours max....and i mean MAX.
assuming you are starting from a 96-98.

da1085
11-02-2006, 01:11 AM
ok.....i've read the ECU swap needed to go to traditional eclipse DOHC swap....it said we have to use 450cc injectors....also we have to have an AFC to control the fuel....is there any way to just swap heads and ecu but dont get the AFC?? im asking because one of those are like half the total price of the swap....

seth98esT
11-02-2006, 01:41 AM
If your staying NA use the 2g GS Spyder ECU or the 94 GS Galant ECU, both are setup for NA and coilpacks.

DOHCstunr
11-02-2006, 08:21 AM
yeah no doubt.
i forgot about that. if you are a 94-95, then you ust need a GS ecu and the wiring is very minimal after that.
literally just wire up the cam angle sensor, and the coilpacks, and ignitor.
simple
oh, and of course you will want to wire up the knock sensor so you can make use of 93 octane and its timing capabilities.

DNSerrano
11-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Man you've all been had. Thats messed up...maybe his car blew up

da1085
11-03-2006, 12:26 AM
so im guessing the 97-98 will have to go to gst ecu, SAFC, 450cc and more money than 94 guys??

peanotation
11-03-2006, 10:50 AM
why an SAFC? it's crap anyways...

da1085
11-03-2006, 11:43 AM
why an SAFC? it's crap anyways...

what afc do you recomend?

DOHCstunr
11-03-2006, 12:03 PM

mass airflow translator gen 2
or mass aiflow translator pro.

i recomend the pro cause you can run the GM maf or a speed density setup. which is like a honda in that there is NO mass.

peanotation
11-04-2006, 12:39 PM

i reccomend NONE of them. they are all for very minor adjustments and have no major tune capabilities at all. get a real piggyback like the emanage or switch to a different method (what john said).

da1085
11-11-2006, 10:24 AM
ok....i got really bored......i looked on ebay and thought that maybe other car's might fit...

the civic's has the three bolt patter but then comparing the two holes off the CAS to the three holes on the civic on, it looks like it might fit....the thing is small enough to fit to the dohc hole......other than that, maybe i'm just really wanting this to work....
CAS
http://i11.ebayimg.com/02/i/08/62/b5/16_1.JPG
CIVIC 92-95 NON VTEC TD41U DISTRIBUTOR
http://i12.ebayimg.com/05/i/08/12/4a/02_1.JPG
93-96 2.4L Nissan Altima "KA24DE"
http://www.clutchkitcenter.com/media/images/dist/NS25/NS25-1.jpg
http://www.clutchkitcenter.com/media/images/dist/NS25/NS25-3.jpg

seth98esT
11-11-2006, 02:37 PM
The dist HAS to look like this with the trigger wheel.
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/2236/image1143nf7.jpg

Try to find me pictures of a 4g15 1.5L Dodge Colt/Mitsu Mirage distributor.

Check out this JDM Lancer 4g15, never seen one like this before:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/venum4802/RPW%20Intake/RPWShortRamCAI_1.jpg

This one is off a 1.3L Lancer, might work if you grind down the metal around the trigger wheel?
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/22001081/Images/2/MT09%20Overall.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-93-97-M...1QQcmdZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-93-97-Mitsubishi-Lancer-1-3L-Ignition-Distributor_W0QQitemZ200044874793QQihZ010QQcategor yZ33690QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

seth98esT
11-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Ford Festiva booyah!

http://i17.ebayimg.com/01/i/08/ea/07/85_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/Distributor-X-2-Ford-C...1QQcmdZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.com/Distributor-X-2-Ford-CVH-Escort-Fiesta-RS-XR2I_W0QQitemZ290048302081QQihZ019QQcategoryZ72211 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Worth a try :)

89Mirageman
11-12-2006, 11:34 PM
How do we know for sure that a distributor will even work on the DOHC head if we find one that will fit? Wonder why Mitsubishi never used one if it will? I for one would still like to see this idea work.

seth98esT
11-12-2006, 11:43 PM
The dist only runs off the trigger wheel, same as the CAS. As long as the trigger wheel on the dist lines up with the cam in the DOHC head it should work just fine.

THE-G
11-16-2006, 05:53 PM
yeah if that jdm 4g15 lancer dohc worked with a distributor then i see no reason why it would work with the G. im going to the junkyard this weekend i can help out and look around and try some things out from sum different shyt

da1085
11-17-2006, 03:51 AM
hey...so you guys don't think that the altima's distributor will work??

89Mirageman
11-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Well I've been doing some more digging on this. I actually have a complete 4G15 1.5 engine that I pulled from my old Colt when I did the 4G63T swap. I decided to pull its distributor and compare the two. I noticed that the 4G15 dist had a gear on the end where the cam sensor from the 4G63 doesn't. They are both held on with roll pins though so I had an idea of switching them. I tapped the roll pins out of both and noticed that the shaft on the 4G15 dist is a little bit larger. I'm wondering if a machine shop would be able to turn the shaft down a little until the end from the cam sensor would slide on? I also thought of just drilling out the end of the cam sensor but theres not much to drill into and I'm scared that it would be too weak and break easily.

I will try to post some pics later of what I am talking about. Then maybe you guys can add your input to see if it would work or not.

THE-G
11-20-2006, 05:27 PM
here is a pic of a 1.5 colt distributor

dsm galant
12-13-2006, 01:26 PM
this is my first day back on tgc in a long time, i did not read the whole post but i got the main idea. ive been over on 3geez.com for a while now and we are figuring the perfect way to dump or vacumme advanced distributors so we can upgrade to odb1 with tuneable ecu's for our turbo setup. anyways here is a link to the main thread, maybe yall can get some ideas or see how we modified our cam keys

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18160

i will read this whole thread and contribute more detail ideas when i have a lil free time

dsm galant
03-24-2007, 10:11 PM
i guess this is a dead topic. i been reading alot of the 63/64 threads and i am a lil lost. there are so many options. alot of times people arent stating exactly what they have as far as years/odb ect.

i have a 97 galant es (odb2) i wan going to swap on a 1g 63 odb1 head. so if i go to the junkyard and grab the complete head, why would i be worried about the distbibutor. i understand that the 2g odb2 63 heads use coil packs. but if i am unig a 1g odb1 eclipse head dosent it already have a distributor?

my only guess is that i will run into problems running the ecu because the odb2 ecu is designed for the coil packs.

if that is the only problem what about making a odb conversion harness like the honda guys do, i seen the pinouts posted. sure it will take a few hours and a lil soildering skills.

my odb2 97 64 wire harness has the 4 plugs correct? if i was using an odb1 1g 63 head with the corresponding computer that takes the 3 plugs, what wires on my 4 plug harness would ne left out? if someone does the leg work of the wiring ill take apart the ecu, solder up the wires to make the harness, test it out that it works, and send it to on of the many companies that make harnesses to make copies so it will be a pulg and play swap

seth98esT
03-24-2007, 10:27 PM
You dont need to use a 1g ECU with a 1g head. Its easiest to use an ECU from a 2g Spyder GS. The whole point of this thread is trying to use a distributor with a 1g/2g head. Stock, the 1g/2g did not use a distributor, they used coil packs. You can use the coil packs off the 1g but then you HAVE to swap ECUs. If you can find a dist to work with the 1g/2g head, you could run the stock ECU.

laxinwarrior
03-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks Seth ... Now we're back to where the thread left off in the first place :evil: :roll:

dsm galant
03-25-2007, 09:25 AM
alright, i had misunderstood. i was under the assumption that the 1g head used a distributor and the 2g had coil pacls. thanks for the cleairfication

mysticj
04-02-2007, 03:26 PM
have anyone tried the 92-93 hyundai sonata 2.0l dohc? it suppose to have a distributor.

seth98esT
04-02-2007, 05:55 PM
You sure? Pretty sure it uses a coil pack setup.

Blue Ice
04-02-2007, 06:09 PM
actually i was thinking it was a SOHC 4g64 block with a 6 bolt crank, not even DOHC?... haven't seen any DOHC's but i really haven't been looking :roll:

seth98esT
04-02-2007, 06:13 PM
A SOHC wouldnt be cool. But a 6bolt 2.0L crank in a 2.4L 4g64 block would give you a 2.1L destroked reving monster haha. Would be good for a bigger turbo that spools 4k+ as with a good head you could rev to 9-10k :P

But if your going to put a 6bolt g4cs crank in a 4g64 block, may as well just go ahead and use the g4cs block instead of the 4g64 block.

Blue Ice
04-02-2007, 06:45 PM
A SOHC wouldnt be cool. But a 6bolt 2.0L crank in a 2.4L 4g64 block would give you a 2.1L destroked reving monster haha. Would be good for a bigger turbo that spools 4k+ as with a good head you could rev to 9-10k :P

But if your going to put a 6bolt g4cs crank in a 4g64 block, may as well just go ahead and use the g4cs block instead of the 4g64 block.

Well i was referring to him asking about the DOHC sonata engine, and i haven't seen any. as for me i'm not looking for a g4cs. all i want right now is a workable head for my other engine :roll:

laxinwarrior
04-02-2007, 08:29 PM

Well i was referring to him asking about the DOHC sonata engine, and i haven't seen any. as for me i'm not looking for a g4cs. all i want right now is a workable head for my other engine :roll:

Are you looking for a SOHC or DOHC, because i have an extra 63 head if you want it.

seth98esT
04-02-2007, 09:54 PM
The g4cs is a SOHC motor anyway. It shouldnt be hard to find a 1g/2g head, they are all over the net :)

Blue Ice
04-03-2007, 02:04 AM
are the heads the same between 1g and 2g? never really knew if there was a difference between heads, i knw there is a difference between blocks

seth98esT
04-03-2007, 09:50 AM
1g head flows more. Has bigger intake and exhaust ports.

mysticj
04-04-2007, 06:48 PM
You sure? Pretty sure it uses a coil pack setup.

I thought so too but when I was looking up different models of sonatas, the results mention ignition coils, distributor caps and rotors for the year 92-93. I did came across something interesting (http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1344468).

phizz2k
04-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Well this topic has been in the back of my mind for a bit now, but I had an idea that could possibly make the "easy swap possible"

There is a shop named budsmachine.com that dropped into gf and asked if anyone has done the swap and how they fixed the distributor problem... A few moments later he posted that he machined something to make it work...

I emailed his msn account ([email protected]) and visited there website which looked to be a very professional shop... Haven't got a reply yet but if other members here are still interested in making this happen then an email or a visit to the site could help us get this project rolling....

Just a thought...

laxinwarrior
04-12-2007, 01:17 PM
quite intriguing ... I'll have to check out the site, good find.

bmxmike
04-12-2007, 05:57 PM
I looked at that honda-tec, the only thing about that is by the time you bought the parts(unless you allready have the ems and things) it would be cheaper to go ahead and swap the ecu and cam angle sensor. I know some people allready have ems and this would work for them but i would rather swap the ecu since i wouldnt have the money to drop, but to each his own.

phizz2k
04-12-2007, 06:08 PM
I looked at that honda-tec, the only thing about that is by the time you bought the parts(unless you allready have the ems and things) it would be cheaper to go ahead and swap the ecu and cam angle sensor. I know some people allready have ems and this would work for them but i would rather swap the ecu since i wouldnt have the money to drop, but to each his own.

honda-tec ???????? What do you mean. There aren't any prices on this site.. who knows how much it will cost... I may give em a call and see if it's possible....

bmxmike
04-12-2007, 06:46 PM
He has a parts list though and i know for the engine mangment systems those are usually higher end of price range. Cause using the ems he has it costs around $1,200 im looking around to see if i can find any system under $1,000 cause i dont belive that the emanage can do the cop

phizz2k
04-12-2007, 07:27 PM
OK, I understand that they could have used an ems to correct the addded changes that come along with dohc but still didn't see any prices...

What information would you use to rewire and swap your ecu?

bmxmike
04-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Well this forum is so you dont have to rewire you ecu. Because if you do a DOHC swap you need a new ecu to run the cam angle sensor cause the normal ecu uses the distributor. On the ecu swap you just take out your ecu and then just rewire your wiring to the ecu. Theres tutorials on it.

As for the ems way. You hook up the ems system and set it up, then you hook up the C2DI(Digital Ignition) too it and wire up each of the coils to the C2DI.

seth98esT
04-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Im confused, what Honda-tec? Who did this swap? Its by far cheaper and easier to run a Galant GS or 2g Spyder GS ECU then to go all out EMS.

bmxmike
04-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Thats what im saying unless you can actually find a distriuptor for this swap it takes away from the whole thing, cause then you doing as much work as swapping the ecu.

seth98esT
04-12-2007, 09:40 PM
You really confuse me man lol. ECU swap is by far easier and less complex then going all out EMS. And thats what this entire thread is about, trying to find a distributor that will bolt up to a stock 1g/2g head so you dont have to swap ECUs.

bmxmike
04-12-2007, 09:45 PM
no thats what i was saying that using a ems is too expensive and more complex. Considering the cost for most ems that will work for this are above $1,000. Ecu swap costs tons less and if you decided to go turbo you can go to turbo ecu and take use of the knock sensor

phizz2k
04-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Ya Bmxmike your kinda confusing things, and assuming that the ems would cost upwards around $1000.00 bucks but I don't think the person that paid these guys to do the swap would have given up that much money when he could of used it do do a motor swap or turbo system instead....

All I was saying is these guys may have a part already drawn up to machine because they say they were able to machine a distributor to fit into the 4g63 dohc.....

I found this information here =>

http://www.galantforums.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=232

phizz2k
04-13-2007, 01:23 AM
Well heres a quick update, I got an e-mail back from that budsmachine shop and they said the adapter only worked for about 2 months and then they got rid of it...

They had trouble with timing advancing through out the rpm range and the ecu didn't deal well with the stage 1 crower cams and injectors.... All in all they went with an eclipse harness-ecu-etc and the car rides great...

Well so much for that idea....

XXL4G64
07-06-2008, 03:00 AM
so what is the main differents with the 2g head and the gs head

evil-G-nius
07-06-2008, 11:59 AM
NOw I am gonna open a can of worms with this one...but everyone is saying use the GS ECU or the 2G SpyderGS....now wasnt the 2G spyder GS the exact same SOHC that is in the Galant now!? What would be the point here? The ECU and ignition would be the same no? I ask and say because I know a guy with the 2G spyder and he was amazed that we had the same engine.

phizzalot
07-06-2008, 12:22 PM
The 2g Eclipse Spyder uses a coil Pack instead of a distributor so when a 2gspyder goes DOHC they don't need to worry so much about this area.

The DOHC swap has been accomplished easier then before by using a 2g dohc, CAS/Coil pack setup from a 2gspyder and 2g turbo ecu... There are a few options and a tutorial that goes into detail about this in the tutorial 7g section...

bmore303
07-06-2008, 08:04 PM
The 2G Spyder GS is already setup to run coil packs. You will be missing the fuel trims of the GST/GSX though.

XXL4G64
07-06-2008, 11:29 PM
The 2g Eclipse Spyder uses a coil Pack instead of a distributor so when a 2gspyder goes DOHC they don't need to worry so much about this area.

The DOHC swap has been accomplished easier then before by using a 2g dohc, CAS/Coil pack setup from a 2gspyder and 2g turbo ecu... There are a few options and a tutorial that goes into detail about this in the tutorial 7g section...

so can i some how use the 2g head easy im lost LOL

kolio
07-07-2008, 02:29 AM
with the distributor you can only run limited boost. the boost blows the spark out. coil packs have much more energy.

2G spyder GS has the same motor but as stated the diffrent CAS. this alows us to stay SOHC, run more boost, and use the 2G ecu to run everything (turbo eclipse ecu)

bmore303
07-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Define easy, if by easy you mean completely ignore ecu swapping and what not than NO.

DOHCstunr
07-07-2008, 08:18 PM
um.... i know where you can get an easy dohc swap.
plug and play.

hk20000
07-07-2008, 10:46 PM
hey stunr I might need you to hook me up with your setup when I'm back in North America....

SIGUEL
10-21-2008, 01:41 AM
It's already been done:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/SIGUEL/a75e6234.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/SIGUEL/78fca283.jpg

DOHCstunr
10-21-2008, 10:44 AM
^ we're going to need you to elaborate on how you did it. what distribubutor did you use?

4-G-rim
10-21-2008, 11:12 AM
^ we're going to need you to elaborate on how you did it. what distribubutor did you use?

Yes...please elaborate on the setup. I would like to know personally.:cool:

mko
10-21-2008, 01:32 PM

yes, need to know

kolio
10-21-2008, 04:19 PM
yes plaese share!

peanotation
10-21-2008, 05:30 PM
+1

remarque
10-21-2008, 05:37 PM
^X2

Is that a new Mirage I remember yours been white over at mirage performance.

bmore303
10-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Definitely give the details, I'm curious as to what modifications were needed. Hopefully this will get more members here to do the swap.

DOHCstunr
10-21-2008, 10:28 PM
I have yet to see one member do the swap.

XXL4G64
10-22-2008, 12:20 AM
It's already been done:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/SIGUEL/a75e6234.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/SIGUEL/78fca283.jpg

what the holy hell dont make me have that guy at the shop do all that to the head and you got it 2 work i would like 2 know

bmore303
10-22-2008, 09:12 AM
I have yet to see one member do the swap.

Yeah...as soon as school and my job stop stealing my free time I should finish it. Kind of embarrassing how little is left to do with the car.

laxinwarrior
10-22-2008, 11:14 AM
what the holy hell dont make me have that guy at the shop do all that to the head and you got it 2 work i would like 2 know

I swear to god ... do you even speak english? :smt012

XXL4G64
10-22-2008, 12:05 PM
I swear to god ... do you even speak english? :smt012

yeah why do you ask....i just want to know if this way would work dont you.... but other than that what about the distributor from the 4g63 sohc do anyone think it would work fine with the dohc heads

bmore303
10-22-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm almost certain a 4g63 SOHC distributor would have to be rewired as well, kinda removing the point of swapping our distributor.

DOHCstunr
10-22-2008, 02:31 PM
yeah but if at all it would be no more than a few wires. what? like 4 at best?

or you could buy my swap...... thud.

SIGUEL
10-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Easy, take a 4g15 Distributor:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/SIGUEL/488c742c.jpg

Machine the part in red, and make a little lip to put a new retainer a that's the "magical trick", fully tested to work the Red Mirage has run 13.8@96mph:smt096

The Distributor will end exactly like the CAS:

No need to rewire, since the G64/G15 use the same plugs with the wires in the same location.

4-G-rim
10-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Siguel..you would gets lots of hugs and kisses from several people on this board. :cool:

When this thread was posted several years ago I went to a salvage yard and tried several distributors on a 63 head and found a distributor that seemed to bolt up but the problem was the "slot" that goes into the head and for the cam groove. I

Obviously I gave up, but if I was more persistant...maybe I would of came up with idea like you did, of machining that slot. :slaps head:

My path has somewhat switched lanes all of the sudden:cool:

SIGUEL
10-22-2008, 06:59 PM
I recomend if you have the CAS, take it to the machine shop and tell them to make the DIstributor the same shape as the CAS, that what I did.

mko
10-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Easy, take a 4g15 Distributor:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/SIGUEL/488c742c.jpg

Machine the part in red, and make a little lip to put a new retainer a that's the "magical trick", fully tested to work the Red Mirage has run 13.8@96mph:smt096

The Distributor will end exactly like the CAS:

No need to rewire, since the G64/G15 use the same plugs with the wires in the same location.

great!!! A step foward for many 7g owners!

What car did u get that distributor off? Hell, Ill go the j/y tomorrow and get one

edit: nevermind , it is 97-02 Mirage

SIGUEL
10-22-2008, 07:06 PM
great!!! A step foward for many 7g owners!

What car did u get that distributor off? Hell, Ill go the j/y tomorrow and get one

edit: nevermind , it is 00-02 Mirage

NOP 92-96 Mirage 4G15

mko
10-22-2008, 07:32 PM
NOP 92-96 Mirage 4G15

oh ok! Does this distributor have the cam and crank sensors in it, or just cam sensor?

SIGUEL
10-22-2008, 07:33 PM
oh ok! Does this distributor have the cam and crank sensors in it, or just cam sensor?

both

phizzalot
10-23-2008, 01:26 PM
SO does this mean you can use your Stock ECU with this distributor???

Iam going to go and punish myself now for not thinking of this... I found a shop a year back as well that did this conversion and emailed them about it.

They use a custom distributor setup and wouldn't elaborate any further. I believe they wanted about 150.00 for this so called magic distributor that they could reproduce :(

Well Good work SIGUEL, Now I have yet another Item to pick up the next time in the Junk Yard... Thanx for posting up...

DOHCstunr
10-23-2008, 02:28 PM
word

kolio
10-23-2008, 08:18 PM
i see....... time to find some mirage distributors!

XXL4G64
10-24-2008, 12:35 AM
what would i do with the 2g ecu when i what to use it plug and play or lil more modding

mko
10-24-2008, 01:26 AM
"my name is detective Carter!

Do you speaka' any English?"

C'mon dude at least make some sense!

bmore303
10-24-2008, 09:37 AM
All I can say is wow, *begins slow clap and sheds a tear*

remarque
10-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Damn, I scrapped the 4g15 out of my Mirage and trashed all the other parts. Looking at the picture of the engine I see your not using the 4g63 motor mount, is that for a mock up or are you using it. Cause my may already know the 4g63 motor mount doesnt fit in the 4th Gen Mirage?

SIGUEL
10-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Damn, I scrapped the 4g15 out of my Mirage and trashed all the other parts. Looking at the picture of the engine I see your not using the 4g63 motor mount, is that for a mock up or are you using it. Cause my may already know the 4g63 motor mount doesnt fit in the 4th Gen Mirage?

I'm using an Galant 94-98 motor mount, have been street/track tested no problems.

XXL4G64
10-24-2008, 12:56 PM
"my name is detective Carter!

Do you speaka' any English?"

C'mon dude at least make some sense!

What i am trying to say is when i go to use the 2g ECU will it be Plug And Play Or NO
you get that now

DOHCstunr
10-24-2008, 01:25 PM
no

mko
10-24-2008, 03:10 PM
What i am trying to say is when i go to use the 2g ECU will it be Plug And Play Or NO
you get that now

it has been said millions of times before, but ill make it clear for you.

If your Galant was made btween 94-95 you can use 1g turbo ecu
If your Galant was made in 96-98 you can use 2g turbo ecu.

Both Eclipse ECUs use coil packs instead of distributor. If you swap to any Eclipse ECUs youll need to get rid of distributor.

bmore303
10-24-2008, 04:01 PM
The 1g ecu is not a closer swap. Regardless of whether you use a 1g or 2g ecu, you're gonna be in a world of rewiring with a 94-95. The 7Gb is the only remotely close swap, being that there's only 4 wires to redo when swapping to a 2g ecu.

DOHCstunr
10-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Stickied.

Blue Ice
10-24-2008, 09:59 PM
What i am trying to say is, "when i go to use the 2g ECU, will it be Plug And Play Or NO"?
you get that now?

you're problem is you need to use punctiation when you post. Allow me to elaborate;
? = at the end of a question
. = at the end of a statement
! = when you're really excited about something

Start with those, and then when you've mastered that we'll talk about using quotations"", commas,, and parenthesis( )

The 1g ecu is not a closer swap. Regardless of whether you use a 1g or 2g ecu, you're gonna be in a world of rewiring with a 94-95. The 7Gb is the only remotely close swap, being that there's only 4 wires to redo when swapping to a 2g ecu.

7gB will work will all 7g's.

actually a few more than 4 wires, and it depends on how stock you want the setup to be.
you'll have to add the wires for the power transistor ~ 6
wires for the coil pack 2 or 3
wires for the CAS = 4

if you go with a 2g ecu and a 1g CAS you'll need to do the Magnus 1g in a 2g
(which requires you to re arrange injector wires at the ecu, change the phase at the coil pack, and change the spark plug wire setup)

while trying to get my swap to run better i've been looking at the vacuum hoses.
The N/A 4g63 runs vacuum straight from the manifold to the FPR.
4g63T's use a fuel pressure selonoid between the manifold and FPR.

This all sounds like a lot...
but is actually pretty straight forward if you have the parts in front or you. I suggest to pull the wiring harness completely and add the additional wires needed. ( just not the way i did it with all the wires everywhere)

DOHCstunr
10-24-2008, 11:52 PM
left out the wire for the knock sensor and the boost control solenoid

Blue Ice
10-25-2008, 01:31 AM
left out the wire for the knock sensor and the boost control solenoid

Doah!!
knock sensor +2
boost conrtrol Selonoid + 2 (unless you go with a manual boost controller, or other aftermarket controller)

both of these have one wire going to the ecu and one to a 12v source ( which will be just about any solid red wire) inside the harness

mysticj
10-25-2008, 12:05 PM
I believe there will be a lot of boosted 7G's next year.

DOHCstunr
10-25-2008, 07:48 PM
there damn well ought to be. I'm sick of this shit.

sohc n/a FTL!!!!!