PDA

View Full Version : 7G GALANT 4G64T DOHC vs. ECLIPSE GSX

fastmgalant97
09-03-2006, 08:12 PM
ME AND MY FRIEND HAVE BEEN ARGUING FOR WEEKS NOW THAT A GSX CAN BEAT A DOHC TURBOED 7G I SAY NO HE SAYS YES IVE BURNED ECLIPSES IN MY 7G WITH NO TURBO A SOHC WHAT DO YALL THINK

DOHCstunr
09-03-2006, 11:02 PM
i will say without a doubt that a stock (just an intake) 94 GS can hang with a stock 2g gst.
i used to race my buddy on a daily basis.

regardless of your 7g's levle of modification.
it would all depend on the 2g gsx's level of modification for the win.

Its tough to say.

fastmgalant97
09-03-2006, 11:06 PM
okay take peanos car for exaple b4 he cut its balls off, just with a dohc, and a stock eclipse awd 4g63t what u think

NiTrOuSoXiDe
09-04-2006, 04:52 PM
Wait a second, you're confusing me now.

Is your Galant turboed, or is the Eclipse turboed?

Or are both turboed?

If it's Galant GS DOHC 4G64T Vs. Eclipse GSX (non-turbo) then my guess is the Galant would take the win. My buddy had a 2G Eclipse GS non-turbo and that thing was a tank compared to my car. My bone stock 97 ES tore his car apart, and he had a DOHC engine. Not sure how much better the GSX's are...

I really can't even give an educated guess.

Proto
09-04-2006, 04:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NiTrOuSoXiDe)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wait a second, you're confusing me now.

Is your Galant turboed, or is the Eclipse turboed?

Or are both turboed?

If it's Galant GS DOHC 4G64T Vs. Eclipse GSX (non-turbo) then my guess is the Galant would take the win. Â*My buddy had a 2G Eclipse GS non-turbo and that thing was a tank compared to my car. Â*My bone stock 97 ES tore his car apart, and he had a DOHC engine. Â*Not sure how much better the GSX's are...

I really can't even give an educated guess.</div>

they have the 420A NEON engine. GST and GSX had 4G63T engines.

peanotation
09-04-2006, 07:57 PM
4G64T DOHC @ 8psi
vs
4G63T DOHC @ 8psi

the 64 will destroy the 2liter. the extra .4L makes a huge difference on n/a cars, so imagine on a turbo car. even with the 2liter at 10psi the 64 will still win. even if the 64 was SOHC it's still going to put the 2g to shame.

look at it this way. i ran a 13g for a while, same turbo that comes stock on the 1g automatic. at 20% throttle at ANY rpm i can hit full boost (NOT fun btw)

and yet it has lag on a 2liter......enough said.

just dont race from a stop https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif then you lose BAD

seth98esT
09-04-2006, 08:27 PM
A stock 2g GSX should run low 14s all day at the track. A turbo FWD 4g64 DOHC with a stock turbo(14b) and max bolt ons/tune will be a mid to high 13s car as long as they have good tires and a good driver.

At 18psi with my 4g63t + 14b + supporting mods + crap tune , I ran a 14.3 @ 102. A stock GSX will not break 100mph in the 1/4, most are around 90-95mph. I should have been in the 13s if I had descent tires or knew how to drive haha.

But the possibilities are endless. A built GSX will tear a built Galant a new one from a dig. On the highway, that would be a different story. You have to think of a turbo 7g as a turbo FWD 2g, its the same car, just lighter!