PDA

View Full Version : Corner light question

Shadow19
09-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Today i put my headlights back in and i came to a slight problem... My corner lights dont blink with the blinker and i could have sworn they did before...... Anyways. The blinker thats on the bumper has to be completely removed because there is nowhere to mount it with my new body kit. My question is that is ther a way to wire the corner lights to blink with the blinker???????? Or should they blink anyway?

Thanks,

Johnas

DOHCstunr
09-05-2006, 01:36 PM
they aren't setup from the factory to blink.

you can run the wires for the turn signal harness to the corner marking lights and just splice it in if you desire.

pinoyesv6
09-06-2006, 06:26 PM
if you connect the positive wire from the corner marker and the positive wire from the turn signal to that bulb in the corner marker, you still retain the parking light but the bulb will blink off when you hit the turn signal.

Bezzle
09-06-2006, 09:20 PM
go to a junkyard and find yourself an 8G.their corners perform that effect.ours dont blink.8G corners have 3 wires.and im sure u understand where that goes.

pinoyesv6
09-06-2006, 09:24 PM
go to a junkyard and find yourself an 8G.their corners perform that effect.ours dont blink.8G corners have 3 wires.and im sure u understand where that goes.

one problem with that. the 8g bulb corner bulb won't fit into the 7g housing. or at least without some sort of cutting of the headlight housing

Bezzle
09-06-2006, 09:32 PM
one problem with that. the 8g bulb corner bulb won't fit into the 7g housing. or at least without some sort of cutting of the headlight housing

if i remember correctly it was just a means of snapping off one of the teeth

09-07-2006, 12:00 AM
if you connect the positive wire from the corner marker and the positive wire from the turn signal to that bulb in the corner marker, you still retain the parking light but the bulb will blink off when you hit the turn signal.

So basically i only have to splice one wire am i correct? Also which one is the positive the black or the green?

Shadow19
09-07-2006, 12:03 AM
Sorry guys.. That "guest" was me... I thought i was signed in. SORRY!!

Proto
09-07-2006, 06:57 AM

thats for jdm headlights. if you wire into the usdm corners your turn signals will blink fast like a blown bulb.

Blue Ice
09-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Well the only thing about kits is that they all (both) are made for JDM headlights, but you can rig your old blinker housing until you get jdm headlights. or just rig something up completely different and permanent.

What kit did you go with?