PDA

View Full Version : Another soon to be manual

amnbrueckner
09-07-2006, 02:00 AM
After the wheels, drop, and cleared corners and tails I have finaly decided to do the manual swap. I got the trans from club3G for a great deal and decided that it was in my budget. Only parts needed are the clutch, flywheel, clutch master cylinder, trans mount, clutch/flywheel bolts, and shifter cables so hopefully after the 15th and my double paycheck ill get the remaining parts and under go the transformation. After reading the tutorial like 20 times and helping a friend change his clutch on his 3G I feel confident that its not that difficult. Im going to take a crap ton of pics so wish me luck.

Anyone know were to get the shifter cables from cheap? None of the junk yards have any and im reluctant to go to the dealership due to a near definite high price (260 for the flywheel at the dealership versus 60 at autozone not including the core charge). thanks

Eric

fatal1
09-07-2006, 03:57 AM
check the online junk yards i forgot the sites off hand but they are floating around all over the sight

also since you are doing the swap why dont you upgrade the clutch and flywheel etc now instead of doing it later

amnbrueckner
09-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Im upgrading theg clutch but I cant afford the lightened flywheel so im going to use a stock one.

9G
09-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Awesome. Good luck!