PDA

View Full Version : Creeking/Grinding from engine bay...

seth98esT
11-14-2002, 04:58 PM
Well the other day i noticed that there was a creeking/grinding sound coming from my engine bay. i thought at first it only happened when turning so i was thinking power steering but i checked the fluids and it wasnt too low at all. and then today i started to drive it and it happened while going straight. i figure it has something to do with the suspension cause it happens more while on bumpy roads. ive always heard a quiet screach type sound when hitting some bumps but i always thought it was my hood cause it is a little bent kinda i think https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif. but this is a much louder creepy/grind sound. anybody have any idea? the ride is not extra bumpy or anything

seth98esT
11-14-2002, 11:37 PM
denver thinks it may have to do something with the control arms...anyone else have any ideas?

asalem97
11-15-2002, 02:15 PM
I've had the same exact problem for 2 weeks. Brought it to my mechanic yestrday and he said it was the lower ball joint. Well in case you didn't know Mitsubishi recalled it last year. So I called up Mitsu told them my VIN and I have an appointment to replace it Tuesday free of charge. Most likely its the same for you so go ahead and give Mitsu a call and get it fixed for free.

seth98esT
11-15-2002, 06:54 PM
sweeet. i just noticed that it was happening on the passenger side only. not for sure if its the same thing but i think its quieted down a bit from the other day.

will they still replace it since i have a CAI and what not?

seth98esT
11-16-2002, 01:02 AM
alright drove it some more and figured the hood wasnt causing it to make ALL the noise(only the normal quiet creek sometimes) but when i sat on the front passenger side and kinda bounced up and down it made the noise. anyone know the exact problem? or anyway that may fix it?