PDA

View Full Version : small acceleration problem

mitsueclipse2019
09-14-2006, 07:47 AM
ok for a little while now i have had this problem where as im coming out of the drive way and about to turn the at the top of the street my galant seems to hesitate before going, it feels like the tires are spinning but it seems different some how and then today on my way out just before i passed our van on the way out my galant felt like it was sputtering and it seemed like it was about to die on me,i hope yall can understand what im talking, i just recently did an oil change and the part where it hesitate before was happening before i did the oil change(also sorry if its kinda hard to understand what im saying its 7am here and im at school) so if anyone has any ideas please let me know and thanks in advance for any help/advice.

4-G-rim
09-15-2006, 01:09 PM
Luke...does it feel tranny related or engine related? :-?

njjfudge
09-15-2006, 01:27 PM
It sounds like you need to check you cap/rotor, plugs, and wires to see if any of them are going bad. Oh and also check the valve cover gasket.

seth98esT
09-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Exactly! Wouldnt hurt to do a quick tuneup: New plugs/wires/cap-n-rotor for the Distributor. More then likely the "sputter" is a misfire related to worn ignition parts.

bronxbombr
09-15-2006, 05:25 PM
WERD!

mitsueclipse2019
09-15-2006, 10:35 PM
Exactly! Wouldnt hurt to do a quick tuneup: New plugs/wires/cap-n-rotor for the Distributor. More then likely the "sputter" is a misfire related to worn ignition parts.

i guess i better start saving then i just gotta pray that it doesnt break down on me

Luke...does it feel tranny related or engine related? :-?

im not real sure

4-G-rim
09-15-2006, 10:58 PM
Hmmm.....start with a tune up. $60-$70 should cover what you need for a tune up:

-New distributor cap and rotor (You can get away with aftermarket cap..but I would go with a OEM rotor)
-New spark plugs (NGK)
-Spark plug wires (Good opportunity to upgrade to maybe NGK blue)
-Fuel injector cleaner
-Clean the throttle body
-Change the air filter if needed

See what a tune up results to. If it improves or solves your problem..then you are fine. If problem exist....you need to determine if its engine or tranny related.

mitsueclipse2019
09-15-2006, 11:19 PM
Hmmm.....start with a tune up. $60-$70 should cover what you need for a tune up:

-New distributor cap and rotor (You can get away with aftermarket cap..but I would go with a OEM rotor)
-New spark plugs (NGK)
-Spark plug wires (Good opportunity to upgrade to maybe NGK blue)
-Fuel injector cleaner
-Clean the throttle body
-Change the air filter if needed

See what a tune up results to. If it improves or solves your problem..then you are fine. If problem exist....you need to determine if its engine or tranny related.

ok thanks for the advice im gonna start saving up the money to get that stuff done now and i will update when needed or if it happens again but differenly some how