PDA

View Full Version : radiator fans.....

erod587
09-14-2006, 10:55 AM
My fans are ALWAYS on, while idle, driving. pounding it, watever, they're always on, im guessing i need a new thermostat, but i wanted to make sure, anyone have any idea??? thanx in advance.

bronxbombr
09-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Ya it could be the thermostat, relay, or the fan is on its way out. Eventually with it running like that all its gonna do is burn out the motor.

If and when it does, i got a spare set so just holla. :)

erod587
09-15-2006, 12:23 PM
o, u from da bronx 2? yo u kno where i can get a thermostat and the relay? u think the pep boys on east tremont might have them? or the autozone on fordham??, lemme kno, and how much u want for the fans, i could scoop that up from u some time next week. lemme kno

seth98esT
09-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Your fans should only turn on for one reason, and thats if the coolant temp is above ~210 degrees. Does youre temperature gauge show that its overheating? I guess it could be something with the fans, but I wouldnt think so.

If the car is overheating, DONT drive it, it will just cause more problems.

4-G-rim
09-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Your fans should only turn on for one reason, and thats if the coolant temp is above ~210 degrees. Does youre temperature gauge show that its overheating? I guess it could be something with the fans, but I wouldnt think so.

If the car is overheating, DONT drive it, it will just cause more problems.

+1 on that.

What does your coolant temp gauge read? If its past the midpoint you are overheating and your fans will stay on till coolant temps are at normal operating range. If you verify you are not overheating..then its most likely electrical. Then you would have to make sure for wire connections, relays, etc etc.

seth98esT
09-15-2006, 12:55 PM
If the car is cold(aka has been sitting for several hours) and you start the car, do the fans turn on right away? If they do, its definitely electrical :P

bronxbombr
09-15-2006, 05:27 PM
i can get you the thermo and the relay, and the new CTS for the car. What year exactly do you have? When and if the temp guage start to rise if you turn on the heat full blast does the needle start to drop?