PDA

View Full Version : Rip in Leather Seat!!!

BLsGalant97
11-14-2002, 10:15 PM
Today i noticed that i have a rip in my front driver side seat. I have factory leather tan/brown seats. When i bought the car, the seat was worn out very bad already. So i am not surprized that it eventually ripped. The rip it like an inch wide. All the other seats are in mint condition though. So i am wondering is their anyway i can buy just the one seat cover from like the dealership or somewhere?? I dont know the owners of the car before me, but they really abused the hell out of the seat!!! I would need both pieces of the seat cause both the A$$ part and the Back part of the seat are like paper thin. Also the actual foam cushion under the leather is like worn.. Would their be any way to fix that also??? Thanks

BLsGalant97
11-17-2002, 09:31 AM
anyone???

Mazarin
11-17-2002, 09:34 AM
I'd suggest talking to a tailor of fabrics(not just clothing). I bet there's someone that would take the existing seatcover, and fix it.

It's worth a shot...

BLsGalant97
11-17-2002, 10:19 AM
Yeah i guess but the whole seat is pretty much shot....the leather is like paper thin

queball
11-22-2002, 09:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>Today i noticed that i have a rip in my front driver side seat. Â*I have factory leather tan/brown seats. Â*When i bought the car, the seat was worn out very bad already. Â*So i am not surprized that it eventually ripped. Â*The rip it like an inch wide. Â*All the other seats are in mint condition though. So i am wondering is their anyway i can buy just the one seat cover from like the dealership or somewhere?? I dont know the owners of the car before me, but they really abused the hell out of the seat!!! Â*I would need both pieces of the seat cause both the A$$ part and the Back part of the seat are like paper thin. Â*Also the actual foam cushion under the leather is like worn.. Â*Would their be any way to fix that also??? Â*Thanks</div>
don't use them damn leather patch kits they work but i couldn't get the color to match so you can see a lite spot in my seat and i mixed that shit for almost 20 minutes trying differant colors to find something that would match..

luxcrusr2000
12-05-2002, 07:54 PM
If you don't mind spending a few extra bucks, I would suggest going to an auto upholstery shop and having them re-do the seat. They would probably completely remove the damaged material and put new foam in the seat. Not to mention they could probably match the good seats perfectly. My brother had to have that done in his old 1990 Galant.

BLsGalant97
12-06-2002, 11:20 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(luxcrusr2000)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you don't mind spending a few extra bucks, I would suggest going to an auto upholstery shop and having them re-do the seat. They would probably completely remove the damaged material and put new foam in the seat. Not to mention they could probably match the good seats perfectly. My brother had to have that done in his old 1990 Galant.</div>

Yeah actually i found a place that my dad use to go to with all his cars when he was young. He said they did real good work. Thanks

bongi
12-07-2002, 02:40 PM
redo the seats? those are expensive, if you can do it just take out the leather underneath the seat and sew it. make sure you do back stitch not just running stitch or else it will be obvious. back stitch? look for stitching in the web and will give you good description.

luxcrusr2000
12-07-2002, 04:52 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bongi)</div><div class='quotemain'>redo the seats? those are expensive, if you can do it just take out the leather underneath the seat and sew it. Â*make sure you do back stitch not just running stitch or else it will be obvious. back stitch? look for stitching in the web and will give you good description.</div>

It depends on which shop you go to. The one I went to just replaced the bad parts of the fabric and kept the good parts, also they refoamed the seat while they had it apart. If you go to someone that's just a local shop or someone who does it as a side job, you can actually get it done fairly cheap.

jluv97
12-09-2002, 09:51 AM
Buy the whole leather kit! Prices are like 300-400 bucks. You can replace the seats yourself. It isn't worth paying some schmuck 500 labor to do something that you can do yourself.