PDA

View Full Version : Should I install these?

UAL Tripple 7
09-20-2006, 03:18 PM
I blew one of my stock fog light bulbs a couple of nights ago. I was going to go pick up a new bulb when I remembered I had a set of Pilot 3" fog lights in the garage. I got them for free as a store promotion and I never took them out of the box. The are the 3" PL-2088B lights with the blue lense on them. Does anyone know how these lights perform compared to the stock lights? Should I just get a new bulb for the stocks or give these a shot? On the net it shows these lights only go for about $20 so how good can they be? I have HIDs so I really only drive with my fogs on in the rain or fog.
Thanks!

fatal1
09-20-2006, 05:04 PM
do you have pics of them i had a set of them on my cyber one kit they looked pretty good and they lit up a lot not sure about the model # plus if they are h3 or something like mine were you could always put hids in them 2

UAL Tripple 7
09-20-2006, 05:11 PM
I will have to wait until I get home to post a pic.

pinoyesv6
09-20-2006, 06:03 PM
i'd stick with hte factory fog lights and bulbs.

you say you only use them in rain and fog and probably other hazardous conditions.

the purpose of the blue lens is to filter out the yellowish light coming from the bulb and make it more white.

but in those hazardous conditions yellow light is superior to white light.

with that said, keep the factory housing and bulbs.

not to mention the fact that the PL-2088B are i believe driving lights and not fog lights. so the beam will be narrow and long compared to the fog lights short and wide beam

UAL Tripple 7
09-20-2006, 07:24 PM
i'd stick with hte factory fog lights and bulbs.

you say you only use them in rain and fog and probably other hazardous conditions.

the purpose of the blue lens is to filter out the yellowish light coming from the bulb and make it more white.

but in those hazardous conditions yellow light is superior to white light.

with that said, keep the factory housing and bulbs.

not to mention the fact that the PL-2088B are i believe driving lights and not fog lights. so the beam will be narrow and long compared to the fog lights short and wide beam

Thanks for the info Pinoyesv6. I will stick with the stock lights and maybe go with yellow lights.

UAL Tripple 7
09-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Well I decided to install them anyway for sh*ts and giggles just to see how they look. These things are BRIGHT! They produce a very sharp beam just ahead of the car that spreads out. They are much brighter than the factory fogs, but about the same color. They really copliment the HID's, but I feel they might be a bit too much. I also love the way they look when they are turned off. I am going to take them off and pick up a set of yellow fog lights though as I dont want to use the factory fogs anymore. It only took me about 10 minutes to install them. I just mounted them in place of the factory fogs and plugged them in.

UAL Tripple 7
09-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Here she is with the new fogs. They are really yellow and bright. They go well with my HID's. For some reason my HIDs look white in the pic, but they are the same color as a Lexus.