PDA

View Full Version : 8g stock tweeter pods

mrjaydeeone
09-23-2006, 05:39 PM
I picked up a set and I had heard from someone that there is a bracket that is needed to hold the tweeter in from the back. I am looking at the pods and seeing that that's prolly right cause I can't seem to figure out how the tweeters stay put. Anyone have a pic of this bracket? Or any ideas on how to get around it

silveresv6
09-23-2006, 06:04 PM
I picked up a set and I had heard from someone that there is a bracket that is needed to hold the tweeter in from the back. I am looking at the pods and seeing that that's prolly right cause I can't seem to figure out how the tweeters stay put. Anyone have a pic of this bracket? Or any ideas on how to get around it

^^^^^yeah that and what size tweets fit in there?? i got a set too and am wondering the same thing

pinoyesv6
09-23-2006, 09:00 PM
you could just tape the tweeter to the pod.

mrjaydeeone
09-23-2006, 10:13 PM
you could just tape the tweeter to the pod.

Honestly that's what I was thinking I was going to end up doing

Lazarus
09-24-2006, 02:30 AM
you could just hot glue it that might hold up better than tape. I had bought one a while back and i had that same problem but i just opted to top mount the tweeter onto the stock piece and it looked pretty good.

mrjaydeeone
09-24-2006, 04:59 AM
this is how mine currently are
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/mrjaydeeone/DSC00273Large.jpg
the frame behind the area that the tweeter is on cracked and I needed to replace that, and a member was selling the tweeter pods along with the frame, so I figured I would give them a shot. But the more and more I think about it I am just going to replace the frame and keep my tweeters how they are. The silver and black really goes with my interior

GOOSEY2099
09-25-2006, 11:49 PM
You're giving them up for a better cause! lol

fatal1
09-26-2006, 12:09 AM
yea you should just leave them the way they are they look clean if i were you i would just go to the dealer or get it fom one of the oem parts stores the bracket is like $3 and in the event you decide to get the tweeter pods they are only like $5 a piece