PDA

View Full Version : Gas Gauge Unreliable?

Danimo
11-15-2002, 11:00 AM
Has anyone else found that their gas gauge increases dramatically when the car hasn't been driven? It seems that the longer i go without driving it, the closer to "F" the gauge gets, no matter how much gas is in there - even as little as 1/4 tank. Once the car is running a few minutes, the gauge drops down to the actual level.

Just curious if anyone else experiences this.

Thanks https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Xavier22
11-15-2002, 11:59 AM
as long as it drops down to the actual level, you should be str8, yo!! i would't worry about it, unless its like mine and it stays past the full tank mark until i drive about 220 miles or so, and then it starts going down!!!

if you're worried about it and you're still under warranty, take it to the dealership -

but as long as it readjusts itself, when the car has been idle for a few minutes, you're str8!!

Auto-9
11-15-2002, 06:16 PM
My gauge usually reflected full tank when I could easily pump 3 to 4 gallons without topping off when I bought it new. It's been a bit more realistic now after 2 years. I can usually get 10 gallons at the 3/4 mark.

Gilhuly
11-19-2002, 01:14 PM
Mine I can never get to read full and can get pretty well below empty to where the needle connects the ends of the middle and lower bar of the E