PDA

View Full Version : car shaking problems!!!!

oapoapoap
09-24-2006, 12:23 AM
I've been having problems with 98 galant shaking when it hits about 60mph, ive gotten 4 new tires and rims(18" rims), done the balancing and alignment, got tire rods changed, put on new shocks/struts, and still shaking!!! Isnt that a bitch! I dont know what else to do. PLEASE if anybody has any other suggestions on what to do or what to have checked, please help me. Theres gotta be someone thats knows what to do because im all out of ideas. THANKS In ADVANCE.

Blue Ice
09-24-2006, 03:55 AM
have you checked the engine and tranny mounts? make sure nothing is torn or missing bolts.

bronxbombr
09-24-2006, 07:55 AM
did you change the tie rods before or after you got the wheel alignment?
Are you sure they balanced the rims before they put em on?
Did you double check or did they check the camber of the car when putting on the rims, oh i forgot to ask if you were dropped or not?
And my last question, How are you mounts?

oapoapoap
09-24-2006, 08:07 AM
I did have the car dropped using sprint lowering springs, i have not had the engine and tranny mounts checked, maybe i need to do that, but the shaking feels like its coming from the back of the car. I had the tires balanced after the tire rods also. I know it cant be a bent rim though because i had the same problem with my factory wheels on. Any other suggestions???

bronxbombr
09-24-2006, 08:21 AM
check your tires for rounding out in the rear, should be on the inner well side, and check your lug nuts too.

98ACR
09-24-2006, 06:41 PM
If your car is lowered signifigantly, it may be riding on the bump stops. In effect this would create an infinite spring rate and a LOT of vibrations especially at speed. 7g galants only have about 2.5" of suspension travel. So if your car is lowered 1.5" that only leaves 1" of travel to absorb road imperfection. Just an idea.

4-G-rim
09-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Check your CV axles. If the inner axle boots are busted this could cause vibration 50+mph or during hard acceleration. I experienced this 1st hand.

bronxbombr
09-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Ditto!

oapoapoap
09-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Ill have someone look at those CV axles too, thanks guys!

kolio
09-27-2006, 09:18 PM
I just got back from my cuz's shop today, my 7G was shaking from 50 and up. My inner and outter tie rods were trashed. does the car shake more when you turn, do you hear noises while driving it? make sure even if you replaced them to check em. mine was on the front but you still might want to check. the parts go for $70.

bronxbombr
09-28-2006, 10:06 AM
i have the parts brand new for you, PM if needed