PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

Eclipse Racer1G
11-15-2002, 11:12 AM
ok..well my suspension is making a creaking noise and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas? it's like the struts may be going or somehting...it's the stock suspension and haven't changed it since i bought the car is the begining of 2000. well let me know and i appraciate allthe help.

Auto-9
11-15-2002, 06:15 PM
It might...my noises are coming from my tires so I dunno. I get a plunk or kruk or grunk sound...not yet creaking.

oldchevron62
11-26-2002, 10:55 AM
Ive a 2001 Galant ES and everytime i make a right turn i also hear this creaking noise. It just now started. I put brand new Firestone Affenitys 195/60/15 just like the stock tires were. But these tires been on for over two months. Plus my brakes suck. The car just rolled over 60xxx. What can i say i like to WAKE UP AND DRIVE.

Gilhuly
12-06-2002, 03:39 PM
I have wicked creaking that stated when the temperature really dropped and we started getting snow and I'm sure it is chassis related. You can hear it best on slightly bumpy surface going slow, but it's definitely not hard to here and it is definitely correlated to the cold weather. I think it might be the control arms, but I'm not sure yet. I think I need to get on a big empty old parking lot and have someone else drive and hang my head out an open door and have a listen for myself!

TJC
12-06-2002, 07:48 PM
I have a little creek too. And it only started to happen as the weather got cold; usually in the morning. But it happens when I tap on the accelerator hard enough to make the car jerk. The creek is really subtle and somewhere on the left front driver side.

pinoyesv6
12-08-2002, 01:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJC)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a little creek too. And it only started to happen as the weather got cold; usually in the morning. But it happens when I tap on the accelerator hard enough to make the car jerk. The creek is really subtle and somewhere on the left front driver side.</div>

check out ur gas pedal. my rental has the same problem and its the gas pedal that is squeeking