PDA

View Full Version : battery light problem!?!

94DSMtuner
09-25-2006, 07:21 PM
I have a 94 galant and i just replaced my alternator and my anti lock, battery, and e-brake light come on and off alot!!!Sometimes they stay on and my car dies! So if anyone has a solution PLEASE help me out!

MBowen574
09-26-2006, 03:02 AM
I have a 94 galant and i just replaced my alternator and my anti lock, battery, and e-brake light come on and off alot!!!Sometimes they stay on and my car dies! So if anyone has a solution PLEASE help me out!

Tighten your alt. belt. I'd bet $5 you get a squeal when it's wet out and you're turning your front wheels hard.

bronxbombr
09-26-2006, 03:50 AM
Either the belt is too loose or your altenator or battery is no good, if the alt is new then the battery may be to blame.

djmtz263306
09-26-2006, 11:07 PM
you can check the battery with voltmeter (prefer digital) you should have voltage anywhere from 12.6 to 12.4 start you engine then check your battery again you should have about 2- 1 1/2 volts more . thats an easy way to find out if your alternator is good or you could have a loose ground wire somewhere in the system bout 90 % of electrical problems has to do with a bad ground thats just my 2 cents good luck

MissMaverick
09-26-2006, 11:43 PM
The exact same thing happened to me not even a month ago. I had replaced the alternator and battery, and my belts are almost new...and then my ebrake and battery lights came on, and then my car died. It turned out to be a bad alternator. The alternator wasn't charging the battery, so the car was trying to run just on battery power, which eventually drained. Once I exchanged the alternator and recharged the battery, everything was good again.

94DSMtuner
09-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Yea i replaced the alt. and the lights disappeared and then they came back on after about 10 minutes! So i checked everything again! It did the same thing! So if it would be a ground wire which one would it be? Or other ground wires that could be causing it?

bronxbombr
09-28-2006, 03:13 AM
check the altenator fuse that is under the hood, should be a huge max 100 fuse. If not that then you should go over the altenator again.