PDA

View Full Version : VW jetta turbo?

frag_daddy_2007
09-26-2006, 08:13 PM
A guy I have known for a while recently replaced his already upgraded turbo on his jetta. It is an HKS ceramic ball bearing turbo, and i looked at it. No shaft play , the fins are all good, the housing isnt damaged and it spools, almost brand new. The only reason he is selling it is because he got a new turob and is running 38psi I know that there is no specific manifold to make it work, but i was thinking that i could make an adaptor plate or even get a custom turbo manifold made. I wouldnt go through all of this trouble but he is selling it for $100 and it can run up to 26psi. Anyone think that it would work?

seth98esT
09-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Of course it would work, do you think it would be practical? You would need a custom exhaust manifold that just uses the right flange for the turbo and possibly a custom o2 housing or use the 1.8t one.

LazarchickGalantES
09-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Of course it would work, do you think it would be practical? You would need a custom exhaust manifold that just uses the right flange for the turbo and possibly a custom o2 housing or use the 1.8t one.

dude my best friend is lookin for a jetta turbo. would it be possible for him to buy it

evil-G-nius
09-27-2006, 02:51 AM
dude my best friend is lookin for a jetta turbo. would it be possible for him to buy it

He aint sellin the car...he's sellin the turbo

Hey man $100 for a new turbo might be worth the trouble of figuring out fitment issues

LazarchickGalantES
09-27-2006, 11:31 PM
He aint sellin the car...he's sellin the turbo

Hey man $100 for a new turbo might be worth the trouble of figuring out fitment issues

he is lookin for a turbo for his jetta. would he be able to buy it for the 100

frag_daddy_2007
09-30-2006, 10:51 AM

No he wont sell it to anyone else for that price. And he probably wont ship it. I have just known him a long time.

evil-G-nius
10-02-2006, 02:14 PM

My bad...the way it read, I thought he was looking for a Jetta Turbo...meaning the whole car!