PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Blew Out Again Whats New?

phizz2k
09-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Well after an 8 hour trip to the upper part of florida my auto tranny striped the torque converter and I was left with no gears at all :(

I wanted to put a 5speed in at this time but I couldn't ffind any in the area and I was short on time. Anyways I got a shop to throw in another auto form a 97 galant but for some reason my ac isn't blowing cold anymore.

My ac blows but it isn't cold. Any ideas on how I can get it colder, or how much money I'am looking at if I bring it somewhere?

seth98esT
09-26-2006, 08:26 PM
A/C probably just needs recharged.

For the trans, its an auto. Was it a used or rebuilt trans? Maybe it wasnt rebuilt correctly.

phizz2k
09-27-2006, 08:37 AM
nah it was out of a 95 galant with about 90,000 miles on it. I bought it back in 2003 and it lasted untill a few days ago.

The new one is out of a 97 galant with about 100,000. This has been the smoothest shifting auto I have ever had, maybe its the newly rebuilt torque converter from www.superior-transmission.com.

I've been thinking about that tcugo.... I know it won't compare to the a real manual tranny but I just don't want to drop so much money on it right now. Plus I don't have anywhere to work on my ride and install a manual tranny right now.

Is there anything out there that can make this auto any stronger? other than level10

bronxbombr
09-28-2006, 03:24 AM
Stay away from level 10