PDA

View Full Version : info for a newbie

heeroborn1016
09-28-2006, 11:52 AM
hey yall ive recently decided to start upgrading my galant, but after searching through forum advice ive notice some parts are sold as v6 only and as far as suspension mods went i wanted to know if parts like the intrax sway bars can be put on my 8g I4. i found this web site 48 hrs ago and havent been able to go to sleep. any advise on how to start my project is greatly apreciated :D

Calipso
09-28-2006, 12:49 PM
The search function is your best friend.

Reelax
09-28-2006, 01:19 PM
hey yall ive recently decided to start upgrading my galant, but after searching through forum advice ive notice some parts are sold as v6 only and as far as suspension mods went i wanted to know if parts like the intrax sway bars can be put on my 8g I4. i found this web site 48 hrs ago and havent been able to go to sleep. any advise on how to start my project is greatly apreciated :D

basically the 3G eclipse (2000-2004) and the 8G galant (1999-2003) are pretty much the same car mechanically. non-engine parts for the 14 will ususally fit the v6 and vice versa even accross models. as far as suspension, the only difference is the engine weight as the v6 is heavier. this shouldn't affect sway bars tho, so yes the INTRAX sway bars should fit although not too many of us have used those particular parts... most here are using ADDCO or Suspension Techniques. also there is one slight difference between the eclipse and galant in the rear sway bar fitament; the galant has a jacking point that interferes w/ the Suspension Techniques rear sway... most people that have installed that bar just pounded the jack point flat for clearance. i'm not sure if the INTRAX bar has this issue; the ADDCO one fits no problem.

Reelax
09-28-2006, 02:00 PM

useless.

n3oAcid24
09-28-2006, 02:26 PM
first of all, welcome to the site. hope all this stuff helps you out. well i have the Addco swaybar on my car. it fit real good and stuff. ive heard a few members talking about the Intrax or whatever bar. im not sure if any of them ever bought it or whatever but i say you get the Addco bar. there might be a waiting list but you never know. i got it from summit racing and it makes my car handle better. let me know if you need any more info. later man..

9G
09-28-2006, 02:44 PM

useless.

Welcome!

bronxbombr
09-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Yo!

Calipso
09-28-2006, 10:37 PM
useless.

Not really, if he took 5 minutes to use the search function he would have found his answer. :wink:

Reelax
09-29-2006, 01:18 AM
Not really, if he took 5 minutes to use the search function he would have found his answer. :wink:

and ur response to him helped who? r u trying to keep the board clean and orderly... or did u just not know the answer and felt the best way to show off your veteran status by telling the noob to do a search (as if u had answered his question so many times before - i did a search and u never have)?

we are here to help each other and to learn from each other, not to put down noobs and yell at them to search.

if it's so simple to search then you could have easily linked him to search results.

pinoyesv6
09-29-2006, 08:34 AM
if you have a DE then you're gonna have to get extra parts since the DE doesn't have the rear sway bar like the other models have.

Calipso
09-29-2006, 10:10 AM
and ur response to him helped who? r u trying to keep the board clean and orderly... or did u just not know the answer and felt the best way to show off your veteran status by telling the noob to do a search (as if u had answered his question so many times before - i did a search and u never have)?

we are here to help each other and to learn from each other, not to put down noobs and yell at them to search.

if it's so simple to search then you could have easily linked him to search results.

I never yelled at him to search, I simply stated the search function is the the best thing for him to use to find the results he desires. :roll: I think it's time you stick to decaf.

heeroborn1016
09-29-2006, 10:17 AM
wow thats alot thanks so my '02 es has a rear sway bar. i wanted to start by uncorking the engine,cold air and catback, but how long will the stock ecu be able to compensate? i think ill go with the addco its not the most popular but seems to be the most trusted for our applictation. N/A or turbo? ive read up on both but havent talked to any one with a galant. peace

Reelax
09-29-2006, 10:53 AM
I never yelled at him to search, I simply stated the search function is the the best thing for him to use to find the results he desires. :roll: I think it's time you stick to decaf.

if ur not gonna answer a question then don;t bother to post... telling someone to search is not helping anyone. maybe next time give up the info THEN ask them to search next time since this was his first post. i guess u knew everything when u got here and never asked a question that was answered b4.

heeroborn1016
09-29-2006, 01:32 PM
i didnt mean to start nothing on my first post

Reelax
09-29-2006, 02:52 PM
i didnt mean to start nothing on my first post

no it's not u. welcome to TGC!

n3oAcid24
09-29-2006, 04:52 PM
wow thats alot thanks so my '02 es has a rear sway bar. i wanted to start by uncorking the engine,cold air and catback, but how long will the stock ecu be able to compensate? i think ill go with the addco its not the most popular but seems to be the most trusted for our applictation. N/A or turbo? ive read up on both but havent talked to any one with a galant. peace

hey man teh Addco IS the most popular swarbar for us. i remember there was a time were you hd to wait like 3 months to get your hands on it. like i said man. if you need picz on how it looks. ill gladly take some for you. later man.....

Calipso
09-30-2006, 08:19 PM
if ur not gonna answer a question then don;t bother to post... telling someone to search is not helping anyone. maybe next time give up the info THEN ask them to search next time since this was his first post. i guess u knew everything when u got here and never asked a question that was answered b4.

:roll: Anyways.

furiousgtz
09-30-2006, 11:07 PM
no it's not u. welcome to TGC!

ya i no...
welcome man!!!

Reelax
10-02-2006, 02:12 AM
:roll: Anyways.

thought so.

like i said. useless.

txgalant
10-02-2006, 11:10 AM
wonder how long brand1016 will stick around. he's prolly thinking "omg...maybe this wasn't such a good idea" haha just kidding. welcome bro!

where you from?

heeroborn1016
10-02-2006, 01:22 PM
im from maryland but i learned how to drive in florida, only because people up here do not know how to drive at all! if i could id drive a semi around and just drive into them :firedevil:

Kalamidad
10-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Welcome to TGC man.