PDA

View Full Version : High Flow Cats

99DE
11-15-2002, 10:21 PM
Anyone have a High flow cat installed without headers? If so, what brand do you have? Did you notice improvement of flow or HP? I'm lookingi into experimenting with this, since it's not too much $$.

TJC
11-16-2002, 12:42 AM
I don't think it would buy you much performance if any if you don't have the other major parts in the I/H/E equation. Just like bored out TB would not do much for you if you don't have intake, DP/header, and exhaust.

b-boy_sky
11-16-2002, 12:27 PM
If you put on just a high flow cat with your stock down pipe then you'll need to weld on another flange to the down pipe but it's not really worth it unless you have more upgrades....

HeadAche
11-16-2002, 11:20 PM
i agree with TJC, u need the other mods to put on the HFC.. the whole point of it is to make sure u getting good flow from ur intake, through the headers, and then out the exhaust if u just have the HFC and stock everyrhing else ur not going to gain hardly anything, it would be a waste.. Get the intake and at least the exhaust done then worry about the HFC..

Ghost Beat
11-17-2002, 01:47 AM
allrighty got a question my friend has headers and a 2.25 piping and a exhaust i asked if he got a high flow cat he said he didnt need one since the piping is so much bigger than stock my question is is he right ? or could you free some more power up with a highflow cat with his setup?

HeadAche
11-17-2002, 11:27 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Beat)</div><div class='quotemain'>allrighty got a question my friend has headers and a 2.25 piping and a exhaust i asked if he got a high flow cat he said he didnt need one since the piping is so much bigger than stock my question is is he right ? or could you free some more power up with a highflow cat with his setup?</div>

he could definately free up some power with the HFC.. having bigger pipping all the way to the cat doesnt make any differnce, all the resonators within the catalytic converter slow down the exhaust flow.. I would get the HFC to free up the exhaust flow from all the crap in the cat.

Galant01
11-18-2002, 07:24 PM
I had my high flow cat. I just have a CAI and a custom cat back. My local shop had to weld another flange. I didn't feel a difference but it did make my exhaust deeper. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Gizmo
11-18-2002, 08:24 PM
Will a HFC pass through emmisions(sp)? Ordered one but want to know if I had to switch to stock cat in order to pass the emmisions test given every 2 years?