PDA

View Full Version : Just got these in...

Pana_Rican_Lova
10-02-2006, 02:31 PM
I installed these over tha weekend and I have to say that it was a pain. You can't beat tha price on these seats though. They're great quality leather and in my opinion great style. I'm not sure how I like tha height of these seats...I might have to custom make a set of brackets so that tha seats will sit lower. Overall very pleased on how they came out. I aslo bought a set of four aluminum floor mats. Just a few picks to share and get some feedback from my fellow G owners...
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k7/teaminnovationstyle/Galant/GRide082.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k7/teaminnovationstyle/Galant/GRide084.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k7/teaminnovationstyle/Galant/GRide085.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k7/teaminnovationstyle/Galant/GRide087.jpg

9G
10-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Nice.

txgalant
10-02-2006, 02:36 PM
nice, clean look.

SinSere
10-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Seats look quality, really do. Noticed you have your dash re-wrapped too. Want to do mine so bad.

Shadow19
10-02-2006, 04:17 PM
How much did you pay for them?

qnz
10-02-2006, 04:44 PM
the seats look good. now you just need to get your rear seats wrapped to match.

dunno about the quality of the seats tho. theres a reason why brides and sparcos cost the price they do. they do extensive crash testing so that the seats will survive some G force. your seatbelt might be on but whos to say that the seats wont go ripping off their brackts and you still fly thru the windshield.

Pana_Rican_Lova
10-02-2006, 06:01 PM
the seats look good. now you just need to get your rear seats wrapped to match.

dunno about the quality of the seats tho. theres a reason why brides and sparcos cost the price they do. they do extensive crash testing so that the seats will survive some G force. your seatbelt might be on but whos to say that the seats wont go ripping off their brackts and you still fly thru the windshield.

Lol lovely thought...

Thanks for all tha feedback. The seats were only 250 to my door brand new! You got to love EBAY... I've made a decision with my G... I just bought the Evo Carbon hood and I think I'm goin to call it quites! I'm happy with where tha car sits now. I've always wanted to build an EVO so my saving journey begins. God willing all goes well I'll be able to purchase one within a year...we'll see.

bronxbombr
10-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Nice!

furiousgtz
10-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Lol lovely thought...

Thanks for all tha feedback. The seats were only 250 to my door brand new! You got to love EBAY... I've made a decision with my G... I just bought the Evo Carbon hood and I think I'm goin to call it quites! I'm happy with where tha car sits now. I've always wanted to build an EVO so my saving journey begins. God willing all goes well I'll be able to purchase one within a year...we'll see.

ebay huh, how was the installtion.

they look really good...

Kalamidad
10-02-2006, 07:38 PM
hmm, do they rub with your b-pillars?

Pana_Rican_Lova
10-02-2006, 08:57 PM
ebay huh, how was the installtion.

they look really good...

Installation was tough...I used the factory brackets so it was more of a trial and error. They ended up fitting well but I feel that they sit higher than I would like. It's still comfortable just different so I'm just goin' to have to get used to tha ride. I'm goin to try to custom make some brackets so that they will sit lower so I'll let you guys know how that turns out.

If anyone has any experience in this or advice I would appreciate to hear it!

hmm, do they rub with your b-pillars?

Its a sung fit but there isn't any rubbing...

hsinya
10-02-2006, 10:04 PM
not to be an ass or anything but $250 on ebay those things are not authentic ralliart seats?

fatal1
10-02-2006, 10:06 PM
they look good nice addition i doubt they are real either...how do the feel sitting in them?

Censee
10-02-2006, 11:54 PM
u know ,,those dont look half bad for costing that much..maybe put some TAKATA seatbelt harness

Pana_Rican_Lova
10-03-2006, 09:21 AM
not to be an ass or anything but $250 on ebay those things are not authentic ralliart seats?

Trust me I know better than anyone that these probably aren't authentic, but honestly if I never mentioned "EBAY" no one would have thought differently. I just wanted to be honest with you guys. Either way its a great deal. Even if they were just plain leather seats you couldn't beat tha price...they probably just threw tha Ralliart badge to seal tha deal.

u know ,,those dont look half bad for costing that much..maybe put some TAKATA seatbelt harness

TAKATA harnesses would make the seats look good and any other seats for that matter...lol. But at 350 a pop! It'll probably be silly to put 700 dollars worth of sealtbelts on 250 dollars worth of seats. If I had nice seats like yours than that wouldn't be a problem...maybe on my next project!

These seats feel great and when I'm takin' sharp turns they keep me right in place...I recommend anyone that wanted seats in to take this route...thier affordable and in my opinion look great! Thanks for all tha comments guys!

underated
10-03-2006, 10:03 AM
i made some brackets for my seats i'll try and get you some pictures when i get home today if its still light outside... if not i probaly wont be able to do it till the weekend

Skillz911
10-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Hence the fact ralliart doesn't make racing seats these are still pretty good looking seats I like them.

rl1634
10-04-2006, 08:34 PM
those look really good i think i might pick up a set

Pana_Rican_Lova
10-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Thanks For all tha comments fellas...

those look really good i think i might pick up a set

Go for it bro...trust me you won't be disappointed! Installation is pretty str8 forward but its just tideous. You can always PM if you have any questions...

I've been enterin' a few shows with no luck...hopefully this and my new system will give me a better advantage...we'll see!

milo111000
10-05-2006, 01:29 AM
your G is hot!!!

BIGMONEYDAY
10-05-2006, 07:28 AM
Yo Pana Rican, I've beek looking at those seats for a couple of years. I'm glad you tested them out. Do you thing a machine shop can make some brackets to have the seat sit down a bit lower? It seems those aftermarket seat do raise you up a bit. Also do you think a set of those seats could be mounted in place of the rear bench seat without too much trouble or sticking up too far to block the view out of the back window?

Pana_Rican_Lova
10-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Yo Pana Rican, I've beek looking at those seats for a couple of years. I'm glad you tested them out. Do you thing a machine shop can make some brackets to have the seat sit down a bit lower? It seems those aftermarket seat do raise you up a bit. Also do you think a set of those seats could be mounted in place of the rear bench seat without too much trouble or sticking up too far to block the view out of the back window?

I'm glad I can help...but yeah I don't think it should be a problem to custom make some brackets. I'm goin to give it a shot soon so I'll let you all know how that goes. Plus there is a member in this thread who said that he would take some pics of his custom brackets to give me an idea of how to do them so I'm just waitin'. As far as replacing your rear seats with these I'm not sure it could be done because I'm sure they would be to high for clearance and I really don't know how they would mount. If you could get that area to to sit flush with tha floor than maybe. I doubt it...but if anyone disagrees let me know!

Rqoz31
10-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey q hay pana rican. que parte de panama son tus padres? Nice work on your car. Saludos.
rafa

Predat-R
10-05-2006, 06:37 PM
looks pretty good,nice finish fits well with the ride.

mau
10-06-2006, 03:54 AM
very nice!