PDA

View Full Version : Official release of the Chassis stiffening kits with a Perfo

Dr. Design
08-13-2002, 11:42 AM
This is the official release for the 8G Galant CSK-C. The front Strut tower braces are on thier way. But the lower chassis components are ready for shipping. Price has been set at $275 for the lower components and iwith the front strut tower brace it is $435 plus shipping.
Are you driving Stiff?
If you are looking to cut a few seconds off of your lap times or if you want to cut through the canyon roads a faster and hug the road tighter, then this mod is for you. D3 Automotive Designs presents Chassis Stiffening Kits – competition version (CSK-C) for most applications. The CSK-C has been designed to enhance the driving sensation as well as improve overall car handling by focusing on torsional stiffness and chassis rigidity. For front wheel drive applications this modification will greatly reduce torque steer and improve traction for both front and rear. The CSK-C will decrease understeer and increase stability in all front and rear wheel drive vehicles, by using quality craftsmanship, creative designs, and superb engineering. We strongly recommend the CSK-C for all applications. Once you drive with the CSK-C on your car you will understand what we mean by "Get Stiffer". All underbody components are 100% tig welded 304 stainless steel and come with a lifetime warranty. We also include a money back guarantee that if you do not notice a difference in handling and chassis support we will refund your money. Please contact us for various applications and kit pricing.
Contact info.
www.dthreedesigns.com
[email protected]
310-428-7716

Tiller
08-13-2002, 01:06 PM
SHow us the pics... the opnes on the site are kinda lame... need some quality shots of the mounting locations too...

imgntht
08-13-2002, 03:45 PM
Okay I am confused just slightly here. What actually comes with this kit for a 2002 Galant GTZ? The following bits of information are taken directly from your website, but are not coinciding.
---------------------------------------
One part of your site list the CSK-C kit as having the following:

<span style='color:darkblue'>CSK-C includes:
(1) FCB-C Front Chassis Brace
(2) RCB-C Rear Chassis Brace
(2) MCB-C Mid-Chassis Brace
(7) 8mm bolts, nuts, lock washers
(1) FCB-C Bracket </span>
---------------------------------------
Another part of your site lists the CSK-C as this:

<span style='color:darkblue'>The CSK-C will consist of the following:
(1) FCB-C (front chassis brace)
(2) RCB-C (rear chassis brace)
(1) FMCB-C (front mid-chassis brace)
(1) RMCB-C (rear mid-chassis brace)
Price for the CSK-C is $275.00 plus shipping (shipping weight is 10lbs). </span>
--------------------------------------

So which is it that I am going to be giving you money towards? And I noticed others in the past have stated they placed orders and have not yet received them weeks/months later. Are these really available now (As of 8/13/02) or will I place an order and have to wait a long time to get them? Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just like to deal with upfront and customer service oriented businesses before spending my money. Thanks for your time.

Jason Sieben
Chicago, IL
1997 Eclipse GS-T
2002 Galant GTZ

99DE
08-13-2002, 05:14 PM
Can a Mechanic For Dummies like me bolt this right on myself? Is there simple instructions? Thanks

Dr. Design
08-13-2002, 06:01 PM
Hello,
Sorry about the confusion. The web site is in need of a update. The prices and list of components you have listed are basically the same. The only difference is that one list shows the brackets and it seperates the 2 mid braces. The Galant kit price is $275 without the front strut tower brace. The Galant kit with the front strut tower brace is $430 for the complete kit. The $275 kit is availible NOW. We are still waiting on the front strut tower braces. Those should be ready this weekend.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and again sorry for the confusion.
Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Automotive Designs
www.dthreedesigns.com
310-428-7716

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imgntht)</div><div class='quotemain'>Okay I am confused just slightly here. What actually comes with this kit for a 2002 Galant GTZ? The following bits of information are taken directly from your website, but are not coinciding. Â*
--------------------------------------- Â*
One part of your site list the CSK-C kit as having the following: Â*

<span style='color:darkblue'>CSK-C includes: Â*
(1) FCB-C Front Chassis Brace Â*
(2) RCB-C Rear Chassis Brace Â*
(2) MCB-C Mid-Chassis Brace Â*
(7) 8mm bolts, nuts, lock washers Â*
(1) FCB-C Bracket </span>
--------------------------------------- Â*
Another part of your site lists the CSK-C as this: Â*

<span style='color:darkblue'>The CSK-C will consist of the following: Â*
(1) FCB-C (front chassis brace) Â*
(2) RCB-C (rear chassis brace) Â*
(1) FMCB-C (front mid-chassis brace) Â*
(1) RMCB-C (rear mid-chassis brace) Â*
Price for the CSK-C is $275.00 plus shipping (shipping weight is 10lbs). </span>
-------------------------------------- Â*

So which is it that I am going to be giving you money towards? And I noticed others in the past have stated they placed orders and have not yet received them weeks/months later. Are these really available now (As of 8/13/02) or will I place an order and have to wait a long time to get them? Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just like to deal with upfront and customer service oriented businesses before spending my money. Thanks for your time. Â*

Jason Sieben Â*
Chicago, IL Â*
1997 Eclipse GS-T Â*
2002 Galant GTZ</div>

Dr. Design
08-13-2002, 06:04 PM
Yes this kit is user friendly and can be installed by most novice auto enthusists. The CSK-C comes with complete detailed instructions.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Automotive Designs
www.dthreedesigns.com
310-428-7716

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(99DE)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can a Mechanic For Dummies like me bolt this right on myself? Is there simple instructions? Thanks</div>

Tiller
08-14-2002, 10:13 AM
i'm just not seeing where these bars are tieing parts of the car together... i mean they do not connect to anywhere on the suspension... looks like they all just mount to various bolts on the body...

I'm not saying they don't work, but i just can't see the physics of bloting a bar to two parts of the undercarriage is going to increase your handling...

And they look kinda "cheap"... why are you not offering some sort of powdercoating with them... i mean, stainless steal will form oxidization if not kept in good condition... won't it...?

Auto-9
08-14-2002, 10:39 AM
They're supposed to bolt to the body. They're designed to increase body stiffness, not actively participate in suspension. That's why they're called "chassis stiffening kit" rather than suspension enhancement kit.

Dr. Design
08-14-2002, 10:47 AM
Hello,
Rallifan is correct. They are not ment to be an active part of the suspension. What it allows is for the suspension to do its job without interference.
Stainless steel has huge gains since you don't have to worry about rust forming. Nobody really powdercoats stainless steel. It is the same material used on stainless steel exhaust systems 304L.
This might help you understand what the function of this kit will do for your car.
Most people think that by adding an aftermarket sway bay it will stiffen the chassis. Wrong! This is kind of an extreme example but you will get the basic idea. The sway bar will reduce the body from rolling on the frame and suspension. Picture the car from the rear. Pretend that there is a ball between the suspension and the body that allows for the body to pivot off of the ball. What the sway bar will do is reduce the amount of pivot that the body has on that ball. The sway bar does exactly what it is supposed to do. One thing it will not do is stiffen the chassis. ONLY chassis stiffeners will do that. So what we have here is the chassis secured on the suspension with body roll.
Question? What is keeping the chassis from twisting? A sway bar, springs, and shocks are not the answer to superior handling. Even if you use stiffer springs, stronger shocks, or a huge sway bar, what is keeping the corners of the car from moving at different levels (aka twisting)? When the chassis twist it waste energy and takes away performance from your suspension. If anything it is even more apparent that the car is twisting. If you add a chassis kit or a roll cage to the car it will keep the chassis neutral and all four corners in sync with each other. As a result this will allow the suspension to do what is supposed to do. The 1st law of physics states that, "An object at rest or moving at constant velocity will continue to do so unless acted upon by an external force". The CSK-C IS THAT EXTERNAL FORCE!

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Automotive Designs
www.dthreedesigns.com
310-428-7716

i'm just not seeing where these bars are tieing parts of the car together... i mean they do not connect to anywhere on the suspension... looks like they all just mount to various bolts on the body...

I'm not saying they don't work, but i just can't see the physics of bloting a bar to two parts of the undercarriage is going to increase your handling...

And they look kinda "cheap"... why are you not offering some sort of powdercoating with them... i mean, stainless steal will form oxidization if not kept in good condition... won't it...?

Danger DANJ
08-14-2002, 12:20 PM
I'm interested in the kit, I just have to decide whether I want the strut bar since I already have one. I realize yours will be better since it bolts to the firewall, but how much better could it be for $155 or is it $160? I assume the strut bar will be stainless steel as well?

Also, is the full kit $435 or $430 because you quoted both?

Another thing, what would shipping cost to New York?

imgntht
08-14-2002, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the clarification, I understand better now. I overlooked the (2) before the mid braces on the one kit. :oops: I am ready to go ahead and buy a kit now WITHOUT the strut tower bar. Is there anyone in particular I should ask for when I call in the order?

And one last question in regards to its actual functions. When I take a turn (say a expressway offramp for example), it feels like the front inside wheel is lifting a bit. These bars should help to reduce that correct? The car is lowered with a front strut tower bar and a rear lower tie bar already. Thanks alot for answering us so quickly and offering this product to the Galant crowd.

Jason S.
2002 Galant GTZ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Design)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hello, Â*
Sorry about the confusion. The web site is in need of a update. The prices and list of components you have listed are basically the same. The only difference is that one list shows the brackets and it seperates the 2 mid braces. The Galant kit price is $275 without the front strut tower brace. The Galant kit with the front strut tower brace is $430 for the complete kit. The $275 kit is availible NOW. We are still waiting on the front strut tower braces. Those should be ready this weekend. Â*
Please let us know if you have any questions, and again sorry for the confusion.
Thank you, Â*

Dr. Design
D3 Automotive Designs
www.dthreedesigns.com
310-428-7716
</div>

Dr. Design
08-14-2002, 07:08 PM
Hello,
The price for the Complete Galant CSK-C (including the FSTB-C) is $435 plus shipping. We do have seperate pricing available if you are interested in purchasing the kit in pieces. Yes the Front Strut Tower Brace is 304L stainless steel.
Shipping to New York will be $37.00. Please let us know if you are interested.
Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Automotive Designs
www.dthreedesigns.com
310-428-7716

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm interested in the kit, I just have to decide whether I want the strut bar since I already have one. I realize yours will be better since it bolts to the firewall, but how much better could it be for $155 or is it $160? I assume the strut bar will be stainless steel as well?

Also, is the full kit $435 or $430 because you quoted both?

Another thing, what would shipping cost to New York?</div>

Dr. Design
08-14-2002, 07:13 PM
No problem, this is why we are on the boards. When you call anyone will be able to answer your questions or take your order.

As far as the CSK-C helping to keep the chassis flat when turning, yes it will help to control that. It will most importantly allow the suspension to do what it was designed to do. It will also help decrease and eliminate the rear cross member from moving. This in turn will yield better performance numbers through turns.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Automotive Designs
www.dthreedesigns.com
310-428-7716

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imgntht)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks for the clarification, I understand better now. Â*I overlooked the (2) before the mid braces on the one kit. Â* :oops: Â*I am ready to go ahead and buy a kit now WITHOUT the strut tower bar. Â*Is there anyone in particular I should ask for when I call in the order? Â*

And one last question in regards to its actual functions. Â*When I take a turn (say a expressway offramp for example), it feels like the front inside wheel is lifting a bit. Â*These bars should help to reduce that correct? Â*The car is lowered with a front strut tower bar and a rear lower tie bar already. Â*Thanks alot for answering us so quickly and offering this product to the Galant crowd. Â*

Jason S.
2002 Galant GTZ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Design)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hello, Â*
Sorry about the confusion. The web site is in need of a update. The prices and list of components you have listed are basically the same. The only difference is that one list shows the brackets and it seperates the 2 mid braces. The Galant kit price is $275 without the front strut tower brace. The Galant kit with the front strut tower brace is $430 for the complete kit. The $275 kit is availible NOW. We are still waiting on the front strut tower braces. Those should be ready this weekend. Â*
Thank you, Â*

Dr. Design
D3 Automotive Designs
www.dthreedesigns.com
310-428-7716
</div></div>

Dr. Design
08-20-2002, 09:46 AM
Hello All,
Just FYI, we have a few kits in stock ready for shipping for those of you who are interested.
Thank you,

EconoPwr
08-21-2002, 04:00 AM
Will the kit create any severe "hang-up" points underneath the chassis? i.e. decrease ground clearance severly? if so, what are the figures we're looking at? thanks.

hutch

Dr. Design
08-21-2002, 11:30 AM
Hello,
There are no ground clearance issues with our kit. We have made many efforts to avoid any contact underneath the car. Our kits hugs the weak underbelly of the car. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thank you,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EconoPwr)</div><div class='quotemain'>Will the kit create any severe "hang-up" points underneath the chassis? Â*i.e. decrease ground clearance severly? if so, what are the figures we're looking at? thanks.

hutch</div>

RedGalant2k1
08-23-2002, 03:03 PM
SOunds good Dr.Design!

Any pictures of the STB yet?

Dr. Design
08-28-2002, 12:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>SOunds good Dr.Design!

Any pictures of the STB yet?</div>

Yes we have some pics. If you need them please email us for them. We will respond with the pictures for your viewing pleasure.
Thank you,