PDA

View Full Version : please give me some ideas...

mitsgalantes01
11-16-2002, 02:15 PM
Ok, u know the open glove box area under the ac controls? well i have about 6 or 7 switchs for things in my car and i want to make like a panel of all switchs like half or full size of that din. How would i go about doing this?

ChromeGalant
11-16-2002, 02:51 PM
Get a piece of ABS Plastic and cut it to fit the din hole and then mount it and your switches..

Fishboy55
11-16-2002, 05:15 PM
Yep. Take off the trim piece. It is held in by clips and just pops out with some pressure. You'll see the DIN slot at the bottom. The empty holder is screwed on the back of the trim. You can either cut plastic that goes in the DIN slot like Chrome suggested, or cut a piece that will use the screw holes where the box was to give you more of a recess. Or you can be like me and swap your radio to the bottom DIN slot and mount your switches up top.

Chip

quicksilver22
11-18-2002, 10:27 PM
I did this, it was quite interesting. I used tin painted a jet black instead of abs plastic. I have 3 switches also. 1 for the front 1 for the back (neons) and my third I'm not quite sure yet. But cutting holes for the switches in tin sucks. especially for the switches. I'll try and take some pics and post them tomorrow... or in the next few days, looks good when you're done. and when your friend is riding w/ you and they ask you what they do, you just look at them and smile mischeiviesly*, until of course they flip the switch and see that all the do is just turn on your neons. oh well, its awesome though...

Jeff
11-19-2002, 06:25 AM
I used abs on mine...it wasn't hard at all. The way I have it set up is I drilled a hole in the back corner of the plastic "glove box thing" big enough to run the wires to the switches. I used 6' of purple neon string to backlight the switch panel...no neatness needed, just throw em in....looks real good...they're connected to the switch closest to me. The switch in the middle controls the neons under the seats...by the way, thanks to everyone that helped with "running wires for neons." The switch closest to the passenger will control the underbody kit when I get it. Looks tight.