PDA

View Full Version : VR4 JDM Bumper question

Da_silvagride
10-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Hey guys I m thinking about to get a '98 VR-4 front bumper soon and was thinking if I can use my Stock USDM 8g headlights for the time being or will the bumper will be too flimsy(support from top)? Flimsey meaning where the headlights bottom would touch the top part of the bumper. (I know there will be a gap when using the USDM Lights). Or could I retro fit it like LOS's ride? (he has Mante's style VR4 front end). He used stock headlights with stock grille with somehow minimizing the gap. Could that be done with the '98 VR4 bumper.

I am not buying everything at once b/c it would be too expensive. I am trying to do the swap one at a time.

For more infomation: I have a 03 Front end. So I will be piece everything slowly.
Basic plan if I get the bumper: is to run USDM Heads with the VR4 bumper without grille for the meantime. (since I won't have one when I remove the 03 front end unless if someone can donate on. usdm/jdm, lol). So I am thinking it would work for temporary. What do you guys think?.

*Unlimiteds Conversion* (borrowing w/o permission, if you want me to take it off let me know)
Basically it would look like this with USDM lights

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/oethero/P9010036.jpg

unlimited6986
10-06-2006, 03:54 PM
There will be a gap if you use the usdm ones. You also have to remove the nose, where they have our grill (i have a 02) once you remove that you can put the grill on when you want to.

fatal1
10-06-2006, 03:57 PM
unlimited has 2pc jdm heads... you can use your usdms and it can look good check out los's car i believe he has that setup, there will be some minor gaps with the usdm sutup up top but it wont look bad especially if it is only temporary his looks really good though at least i think so.
with the 03 you will need to get a 99-01 grill thouugh otherwise you will have a large gap in between the heads and the jdm grill will not fit w/ the usdm heads so that would be useless money spent

you could just get the jdm front now and not install it untill you get the rest of the parts but get it all painted and everything if need be in the meantime

SleekGTZ
10-06-2006, 04:44 PM
For reference only:

Old pic with JDM grill with USDM headlights. There's probably about a half inch gap between the grill and the headlights. It's really not that noticeable.

Whether you have a 99-01 or 02-03 front end (with nose), you still need to do some custom bracket to hold the JDM grill. :cool:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1425/oldmarch6fq.jpg

hsinya
10-07-2006, 04:32 AM
can someone explain to me whats going on with unlimited's front end? i dont understand whats going on.

jdm front bumper + jdm headlights = gap???

or was the front bumper modified to fit usdm headlights?

9G
10-07-2006, 05:22 AM
i thought the jdm bumper comes with a free gap from Japan.

rl1634
10-07-2006, 09:20 AM
i know its probably really hard, but you should just wait and piece it together then put everything on at once. Why keep doing extra work. ya know well thats just my 2 cents.

unlimited6986
10-07-2006, 10:14 AM
can someone explain to me whats going on with unlimited's front end? i dont understand whats going on.

jdm front bumper + jdm headlights = gap???

or was the front bumper modified to fit usdm headlights?

The heads arent in correctly yet i have them to sit flush but havent had a chance to fix the and put them in correctly.

hsinya
10-08-2006, 12:10 AM
ahh i c. thank you.