PDA

View Full Version : Automatic window problems

MidNightRacing
11-16-2002, 04:55 PM
My '94 ES driver side window goes down just fine no problem with the control switch but when i put it back up it goes foward I check if there were any loose screws or missing screws but its all fine I lubed the track but still nothing? Any one got a suggestion?

BEAST
11-17-2002, 01:24 AM
I had this same problem. Your motor is probably going out right now. Try not to use your window as much as possible and get it into the shop asap. They may be able to fix something else and save you the cost of having to get a new motor. It is probably too late though. Check out this post. http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3883 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3883')

queball
11-22-2002, 09:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidnightES)</div><div class='quotemain'>My '94 ES driver side window goes down just fine no problem with the control switch but when i put it back up it goes foward I Â*check if there were any loose screws or missing screws but its all fine I lubed the track but still nothing? Any one got a suggestion?</div>
your motor is shoot...!!!!....

IllestGalant
11-25-2002, 09:22 PM
The window is falling foward when you try to get the window all the way up?
If that is the case, your motor is fine. These cars have very weak power window regulators. if you are technically inclined, you can take the door panel off and loosen the four ten millimeter bolts holding the regulator.
have the window halfway up and have a friend hold the top of the window towards the rear of the vehicle and you push the regulator to the front of the car and tighten it down while your both holding it. this puts tension pushing the window to the back of the run channel at all times, not just at the bottom. That and a little white lube and you are ready to go. P.S. if that makes it better but not a 100%, you can slot the holes for the regulator with a drill to move the regulator more forward.