PDA

View Full Version : Road nastyness

Supernova
11-16-2002, 04:56 PM
Does anybody that has a 17x7 wheels size with around a 215/45/17 tire seize get alot of excess road crap slung up onto the sides of your car? I know mine does. I can hear the stuff hitting on the sides too. It could be hitting under the fender wells, but it sounds more like on the sides. Wouldn't mud guards stop this ?

Auto-9
11-16-2002, 06:38 PM
I don't like mudguards...they get crushed too often. I'm on the factory 205/55R16s and it gets pretty bad for me...roads are always so dirty.

TJC
11-17-2002, 04:50 AM
7 inch wheels are pretty narrow so it shouldn't be slinging stuff off of the tires and onto the sides of your car unless you have a very low offset on them. Anything close to stock offset of +46 should keep the wheels and tires well tucked under the fenders and shouldn't be too much of a problem. Mudguards definitely helps and if you get them color matched to the car, they look great.

Supernova
11-17-2002, 08:45 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJC)</div><div class='quotemain'>7 inch wheels are pretty narrow so it shouldn't be slinging stuff off of the tires and onto the sides of your car unless you have a very low offset on them. Anything close to stock offset of +46 should keep the wheels and tires well tucked under the fenders and shouldn't be too much of a problem. Mudguards definitely helps and if you get them color matched to the car, they look great.</div>
I have no idea what my offset is. How can I find out? I ordered my wheels and tires from Wheelmax.

pinoyesv6
11-17-2002, 10:22 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJC)</div><div class='quotemain'>7 inch wheels are pretty narrow so it shouldn't be slinging stuff off of the tires and onto the sides of your car unless you have a very low offset on them. Anything close to stock offset of +46 should keep the wheels and tires well tucked under the fenders and shouldn't be too much of a problem. Mudguards definitely helps and if you get them color matched to the car, they look great.</div>
I have no idea what my offset is. How can I find out? I ordered my wheels and tires from Wheelmax.</div>

either look it up by looking up the spec on your wheel. or ask the manufacturer or the dealer for the spec on them