PDA

View Full Version : Puttin in some L7's Any suggestions

B-NASTY
10-14-2006, 08:34 PM
I got 2 "12 solar baric L7's and the box for it wont fit in my trunk spoke to a few people about it. One guy says he would be able to make a custom box for me using the floor of the trunk and a few inches up from it. what do you guys think?

fatal1
10-15-2006, 05:32 AM
the box wont fit how big is this thing? when i had mine it fit in fine? since you got the l7's i would suggest a ported box you will get the depest bass and l7's arent really for sq

thealliance43
10-18-2006, 08:01 PM
i got 15" l7's and it fits fine.... u'll be iight

B-NASTY
10-19-2006, 01:37 PM
WELL I WENT TO CIRCUIT CITY AND FOUND ONE TO HOLD BOTH 12'S I TOLD THEM I HAD A FIT & BUY POLICY> (MEANING IF IT FITS I WILL BUY BUT AFTER 15 MIN OF TRYING IT DIDNT WORK) SO RIGHT NOW I AM DYNAMATING THE HELL OUT OF MY TRUNK JUST GOT DONE WITH THE PART WHERE THE 6X9 GOES. FOUND SOMEONE WHO WILL DO MY TRUNK CUSTOM. WHERE THE SPARE GOES HE WILL MAKE A BOX FOR IT USING THAT SPACE ALSO. WHAT DO YOU THINK. IM GETTING TWO KICKER 750'S TO GO ON EACH SIDE WHERE THE TAIL LIGHTS GO. HOW DOES THAT ALL SOUND HOLLA BACK!
OH YEAH HI IM NEW!

shortdogg2k05
10-19-2006, 02:12 PM
My suggestion is leave the L7s alone I had an L7 short out on me I sent back my '05 L7 for them to warranty it and they sent me a beat up ass 04 L7 with all kinds of scratches and shit. Then the one I received kept fuckin up on me and I kept repairing it. So right now I say fuck Kicker and all their speakers.

That is just my .02. But if you must have L7s get a ported box.

Also dont right in all caps it might rub someone the wrong way.

B-NASTY
10-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Sorry bout the caps. The L7's are already bought. Just waiting on the box to be made I will stick with the ported idea. (thanks) Trying to get my system bumpin know any where i can get those yellow tops? They say that will be needed for the amps I'm getting.

mattalicslvr8g02
10-19-2006, 02:59 PM
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...CFQafHgodWEZpFA (http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&catalogIdentifier=&categoryId=10683&parentCategoryId=10365&gclid=CK_wysP2hYgCFQafHgodWEZpFA)

on the right hand side you will see the optima batteries

B-NASTY
10-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Damn is it worth the price? If it is then no problem. I was looking at the heavy duty one, how much bumpin i can do before i'm usin jumper cables to get back home?

shortdogg2k05
10-20-2006, 07:56 AM
The batteries are definately worth the money. It take quite a bit to kill them.

B-NASTY
10-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Well one of my amps are coming in tomorrow so I will get the other one by next week. Now I will have two kicker 750 mono's. Is there a diffrence between the yellow top and the heavy duty yellow top? Or will any yellow top will do? Also how would you go about wiring the second battery and stuff?

pinoyesv6
10-21-2006, 08:45 PM
unless you are remotely mounting the yellow top, i wouldn't go with the D31a since it is bigger than the other models. im afraid you might have issues with clearance with such a big battery. i haven't tried it out for sure but i do know the regular optima yellows fit.

btw, i think that jegs price is horrible. i've seen it cheaper at local auto parts stores.

B-NASTY
10-21-2006, 09:17 PM
unless you are remotely mounting the yellow top, i wouldn't go with the D31a since it is bigger than the other models. im afraid you might have issues with clearance with such a big battery. i haven't tried it out for sure but i do know the regular optima yellows fit.

btw, i think that jegs price is horrible. i've seen it cheaper at local auto parts stores.

i got a red top under the hood i was thinking bout putting it in the trunk, people tell me that that would work alot better than a capacitor. runnin 2 amps off of it.

pinoyesv6
10-21-2006, 09:36 PM
the D31a is a more powerful battery, if its going in the trunk then space isn't really an issue. it is like 16 pounds heavier also. but that really shouldn't bother you since you do have all that other stuff in the trunk too.

here's a link (http://www.1st-optima-batteries.com/index.asp#deepyellowspecs) to a page that has specs on the different yellow tops so you can compare and find one that best fits for you.

SinSere
10-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Only suggestion I can give about the L7's is that they love air space. I have seen plenty in action and all that really hammered had equal to or more air space than required. Ported will take more space than a sealed, but ported will hit a lot harder. Just depends on the space you'll have to work with. 2-12's will be hard to fit to specs for a ported enclosure. You might have to go sealed.

B-NASTY
10-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Only suggestion I can give about the L7's is that they love air space. I have seen plenty in action and all that really hammered had equal to or more air space than required. Ported will take more space than a sealed, but ported will hit a lot harder. Just depends on the space you'll have to work with. 2-12's will be hard to fit to specs for a ported enclosure. You might have to go sealed.

Well they guy says he is going to use the space where the spare tire goes and about inches up from the bottom of the trunk. so the bos will be like a higher floor in my trunk. (been calling him but no response) he says he has worked on cars that won competitions. and about three other people mentioned him when i was asking around for advise. and thanks pinoyesv6 for the web sight for the batterys i ordered a yellow top just like the red one i got under the hood. cant wait till it all comes together.

SinSere
10-24-2006, 12:50 PM
that is the exact setup I have now with 2-10's and the air space is very tite for 10's. just my opinion, but not enough for 12's, let alone L7's. After doing the setup also, I found that up-firing subs do not hit nearly as hard as ones facing back which I had previously. It'll bump, but not as hard as it could or should. You should ask him what the total air space is going to be for both 12's. I'm curious because I am at 1.5 cu ft. for both 10's. thats .75 cu ft each. just enough for a sealed 10, not enough for a 12 though.

B-NASTY
10-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Tracked him down today and we spoke i will be going to see him this saturday to look at the trunk i'm bringing the book that comes with the speaker (so we know exactly how much space it will need) I like the fact that it is facing up cause i will need the trunk space from time to time. Hope fully it will sound good cause i got a amp for each speaker. Right now i am painting my calipers black and putting on my crossed drilled and slotted rottors. ( just to keep busy) My amps come with a remote bass boost control would i need those things if my car stero has a controll for my amp? if so would it be good to install it in that extra space under the climate controls?

SinSere
10-25-2006, 02:41 AM
yes, you want those mounted somewhere you can adjust them. you don't always want to have the bass at the same level. I only have one and mounted it under the lower dash. I turn it up and down for different types of music.

fatal1
10-25-2006, 05:19 AM
plus you can use them as a safety precaution you can completely turn don the bass when you are going somewhere to park or in a bad neigborhood etc, with all that money invested you dont wanna loose it

B-NASTY
10-25-2006, 05:49 PM
plus you can use them as a safety precaution you can completely turn don the bass when you are going somewhere to park or in a bad neighborhood etc, with all that money invested you don’t wanna loose it

I feel you on that one I just left ny (from Brownsville "NEVA RAN NEVA WILL") I was living in bedstuy by Marcy houses and one night my car got broken into they trashed the inside stole my radio which I just bought the face to and that’s when I bought the lowering springs and the injen intake thank god I left it in my office. I digress it happened about 3:30 in the morning and I was in someone’s house with my vest on and with a baseball bat about 4:00 (I already drove my car to the police station and they took the report and they told me that “there are things you can do that we cant hint, hint! :firedevil: ) so I went back looking for the person who did it come to find out it was a crack head named Black. Not to make it long but its funny if you read it.

So the cops drop me of in front of my house, I called my brother he rolled up and we went around the corner base ball bat in hand. I saw Black and ran up on him. One of the guys "working" that corner saw me and was coming over and looked like he was about to pull out but I told him what was happening and he said go head. We went up to an apartment I know the crack heads stay at and I went up in there my brother stayed in the hall way. But no one was there :evil: . Black said that the apartment was 3C. Went back down spoke to the guy working the corner and said Black kept telling me 3C. He kept asking me what apt Black said, come to find out that the apt was the home of a girl who had about 4 kids and her boyfriend was one of the main "guys" on the block. Thank god I got common sense not to listen to a crack head. Well he gave me permission to beat black down for snitchin but i wanted the bitch that broke in my car so I let black go.
I go back to the police station and pickup my car and really look in my car. I found out that who ever stole my shit also stole the soap I had in my trunk (one of those big as packs of oil of olay soap [with shae butter] :laughing: you can laugh now] my brother told me that when I was talking to the guy on the block he checked Blacks bag and he had a bag full of soap but he was just looking for the radio not soap. Lol he was wondering what a CRACKHEAD would be doing with SOAP! So we haulled ass back to the block.

I went up to another guy working the block and asked if he saw black he said yeah but he just copped some so he is out where ever and I wont probably see him till tomorrow evening. So I mentioned how I had his ass but I didn’t know it was him. and then I mentioned about him stealing my soap. He went in his pockets and pulled out 3 boxes of my oil of olay and said "you talking bout these he just sold me those ....... OOOOOOOOHHHHHH shit that’s grimey! I just bought them for my girl cause they smell mad good I said I know! So in one night I got my car broken into and almost set up to be killed and my soap stolen and sold in one night.

But I caught his ass one month later (patience is a mother fucker) was working and saw him on the street and beat his ass 3 in the afternoon broad daylight so I understand what you talking bout!
The guys in my office still laugh about it!
Oh I got both of my amps now just waiting for my box to be made (with 1 800w and 2 750w amps i really would like to keep my stuff)
:wink: thanks for readin!

shortdogg2k05
10-25-2006, 06:29 PM
lol that is some crazy shit right there. N.Y. is off tha chain.

B-NASTY
10-26-2006, 03:05 PM
8) Thats why its NY and I love it! :firedevil:

Well i have my optima deep cell battery
My 2 750 amps
My 2 subs
4 guage wire runin from my battery to a distribution block in the back.
just waiting for the box to be made is there anything else i may or might need?

B-NASTY
10-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Well wish me luck as of tomorrow at 10 i will be having my Galant fitted for a custom sub box hopefully disturbing a neighborhood near you soon! Looks like its going to be an all day and night affair. I got a new alarm system im puttin in on monday. (just in case black finds me again :laughing: ) Any one got some serious beats in there cars? Any future problems i may run in to? Just wanna know!