PDA

View Full Version : CAMBER HELP

da1085
10-17-2006, 04:15 AM
well like you guys know, i resurected the g from a wreck....one side of the suspention is out of camber....my allignment are as close to as perfect as posible...but my camber is off....i've replace and adjusted everything i can.....the only thing that is left to do is put in a camber kit...

i've heard that there is a way to buy washers and some bolts to make my own camber kit....i need to adjust the front....can someone list me the steps and the materials needed to make my own camber kit and install process....many thanks...

i've researched the 7G area and didnt find anything.....i looked at ebay a it will cost me a preety penny....well i hope you guys can help me.

thanks for everything..

jake26
10-17-2006, 06:56 AM
ugh there is a tutorial around here somehwere, peano helped me locate that awhile ago, contact him, he will be able to help u out, i have a camber kit on mine and so does he!. yeah there is a way you can just go to a hardware store and get bolts and washers, but you have to know which ones to get cuz if you get way too soft they might snap on you, ask matt he will tell you where that tutorial is located at.

mygalantwasfree
10-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread.

My G's been in an accident, too and i've got the exact same problem. My front passenger side tire has positive camber.

Can you PM me that tutorial??? Many thanks

w/oarctic7g
10-18-2010, 04:55 PM
There are 4 bolts that hold the hub onto the knuckle, I think they are 17 or 19mm heads. Loosen all four bolts and shim the two at the top if you need positive or the two on the bottom if you need negative, it's best if you use matching washers and shim the brake caliper, again the same thickness washer. You also need to remove the axle nut. I just used washers from my nut/bolt collection and had to grind one side to clearance it for the hub. You can get washers from any hardware store get them in sets of three in various thicknesses. Unless you need to move it a lot you shouldn't need longer bolts, the stock ones protrude past the hub a little just make sure bolt goes all the way through the hub when you tighten it back down.