PDA

View Full Version : LS vs. GTZ

solofantasy
10-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Is there any big difference between LS and GTZ other than the suspension set up?

Does GTZ really feels more sporty than LS?

SLS2000
10-20-2006, 10:37 AM
I think the suspension set up is the only difference including the swaybar being 1mm larger in the rear.

Then there are some other minor ones and the wing.

pinoyesv6
10-20-2006, 11:20 AM
a GTZ pretty much is an LS V6 with the 3g eclipse suspension.

jtaruc
10-20-2006, 02:40 PM
a GTZ pretty much is an LS V6 with the 3g eclipse suspension.

i'm still mad at you for making me put oil-based lube on my car, and then suggested to use a plunger to fix a dent, which only made it bigger, on top of that made another dent that looks stupid, and now when it rains it still has a dry mark the size of a football, where everywhere else it's wet.

i'm scared now that the autobody boys were laughing at me for doing that, and having a plunger in my trunk to show them. i'm never going back there again, and never modding my g ever again. thank you.

polishmafia
10-20-2006, 02:43 PM
i'm still mad at you for making me put oil-based lube on my car, and then suggested to use a plunger to fix a dent, which only made it bigger, on top of that made another dent that looks stupid, and now when it rains it still has a dry mark the size of a football, where everywhere else it's wet.

i'm scared now that the autobody boys were laughing at me for doing that, and having a plunger in my trunk to show them. i'm never going back there again, and never modding my g ever again. thank you.

hahahaha where the hell did that come from??? LMFAO!

SLS2000
10-20-2006, 03:14 PM
:laughing: What the hell happened here???

rez887
10-20-2006, 03:22 PM

Either send him a message or make a new topic, it shouldn't be here!

ericbla03
10-20-2006, 07:58 PM
The GTZ also has the color matched grill, instead of the chrome.

It also has a different emblem on the trunk lid "GTZ" instead of "LS"..........

rez887
10-20-2006, 08:50 PM

And color matched trunk led instead of chrome.

Calipso
10-20-2006, 09:12 PM

It also has a different emblem on the trunk lid "GTZ" instead of "LS"..........

So those are the only differences? I figured the GTZ would have alot more differences than a rear sway bar, badge and grille. :???:

furiousgtz
10-20-2006, 09:50 PM
So those are the only differences? I figured the GTZ would have alot more differences than a rear sway bar, badge and grille. :???:

what about
in seat side airbags
four wheel disc brakes
sunroof
Infinity sound system
rear wing
16 inch alloy

traction control do they have it in LS?

I wish they made gtz manual transmission

Calipso
10-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Four wheel disk breaks, sunroof, infinity sound system are in LS's too. I was very impressed with SLS2000's 8G and felt quite deprived that I have an ES.

SleekGTZ
10-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think only the GTZ has those plastic side moldings on the doors (makes the GTZ look fat). :laughing:

ericbla03
10-21-2006, 12:05 AM
LS has that too

SleekGTZ
10-21-2006, 12:49 AM
LS has that too

Oh ok, that makes the LS fat too. :laughing:
I've been dying to take that plastic thing off, but I'm afraid what I'll see behind it.

rez887
10-21-2006, 01:10 AM
Oh ok, that makes the LS fat too. :laughing:
I've been dying to take that plastic thing off, but I'm afraid what I'll see behind it.

Don't do that, because there is 2 square shape holes under each door piece.

pinoyesv6
10-21-2006, 08:40 PM

well i should have noted that you should have used some ky jelly or astroglide just incase YOU fuck up and they guys at the body shop decide to rape you in the ass.

with that said, please stop polluting other threads because of your anger towards me. if you have a problem with me, then confront me, i don't bite. or least thats what the doctor says.

Calipso
10-21-2006, 10:07 PM
well i should have noted that you should have used some ky jelly or astroglide just incase YOU fuck up and they guys at the body shop decide to rape you in the ass.

with that said, please stop polluting other threads because of your anger towards me. if you have a problem with me, then confront me, i don't bite. or least thats what the doctor says.

ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!

I'm sorry alan, you have never me laugh ever, but today OMFG. YOU HAVE JUST MADE MY NIGHT.

Xrs2
10-23-2006, 12:55 PM
The GTZ is about 1/2 an inch lower stock.

We also have a rear dome light, not sure if all sun roof cars have those or not.

I thought the LS's didn't have the door cladding.

Reelax
10-23-2006, 02:43 PM
The GTZ is about 1/2 an inch lower stock.

We also have a rear dome light, not sure if all sun roof cars have those or not.

I thought the LS's didn't have the door cladding.

just some tidbits.

'99-'01 LS and GTZ both have door cladding
'02+ LS doesn't have cladding GTZ does

'99-'01 ESV6 premium w/ leather is the same as '99-'01 LS w/o door cladding.

'99-'01 LS is v6 only
'02+ LS is available in i4

GTZ only model w/ color matched grill and trunk garnish
DE only model to have matte black trim and mirrors

Infinity system was included on ESV6 premium, LS and GTZ as well as seat side airbags. traction control was not available in 1999, but dual piston front calipers were on all '99 V6's (ESV6, LS, GTZ).

tylang
11-13-2006, 04:42 PM
GTZ is just cooler.....face it

SkylineG1
11-13-2006, 04:44 PM
No....GTZ just costs more.

Calipso
11-14-2006, 10:02 AM
No....GTZ just costs more.

x2

furiousgtz
11-14-2006, 11:13 AM
so at the end of the day there is not big diffrence
its call GTZ thats it...not bad i will take one :lol:

SleekGTZ
11-14-2006, 12:53 PM
GTZ has more charisma! :laughing:

bolivianpimp
11-14-2006, 11:46 PM
GTZ has more charisma! :laughing:

gtz kicks fukn ass people who rather ls are just jealous my gtzis on 20's

6G72gearhead
11-15-2006, 12:34 AM
I prefer my ES, just wish I could have got the black window trim and no sunroof. Its the lightest V6 option available though.

milo111000
11-15-2006, 12:41 AM
so where did this guy no.car came from. just outa nowhere he started flamein on Pinoy. wassup with that. what you do P? cause it looks like you really pissed him off.

Reelax
11-15-2006, 12:47 AM

i guess i should trade my lowly esv6 for your gtz.

milo111000
11-15-2006, 12:50 AM
i guess i should trade my lowly esv6 for your gtz.

hey reelax, you want to trade your lowly esv6 to my even more close to dirt poor es I4?? I'll pay for the shipping :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Reelax
11-15-2006, 12:58 AM
hey reelax, you want to trade your lowly esv6 to my even more close to dirt poor es I4?? I'll pay for the shipping :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

but he has a gtz w/ 20's! i hope cali, censee, dangerdanj and vegasmatt don't beat me to it tho!

Xrs2
11-15-2006, 10:40 AM
GTZ is just cooler.....face it

agreed

Anyway, no.car might be another member that was pissed off at him, with a new s/n. A mod should look at his IP addy and see if any other members use the same one.

furiousgtz
11-15-2006, 10:46 AM
ok we are all galants ls gtz es de whatever its all good 8-)

Calipso
11-15-2006, 11:18 AM

So you have a GTZ on 20's? Man, I'm out of cookies to give you. Sorry. :lol:

SleekGTZ
11-15-2006, 02:39 PM
ok we are all galants ls gtz es de whatever its all good 8-)

x25 :cool:

ericbla03
11-15-2006, 05:37 PM
At the end of the day, all of the extra "goodies" that the GTZ comes with, people have upgraded anyway:

color matched grills...
better suspension (who still has their stock suspension?)
16" wheels....
spoiler......
horsepower..... there are lots of 4 bangers on here that can beat GTZs
etc....

furiousgtz
11-15-2006, 05:55 PM
At the end of the day, all of the extra "goodies" that the GTZ comes with, people have upgraded anyway:

color matched grills...
better suspension (who still has their stock suspension?)
16" wheels....
spoiler......
horsepower..... there are lots of 4 bangers on here that can beat GTZs
etc....

ya true....most people have upgraded there car.
so its just the damm name thats all "oh i got a gtz" :lol:

Reelax
11-15-2006, 09:16 PM

nope. there's not that much difference... ur perception is correct in thinking there should be tho.

i've said it b4, the GTZ is the car you would want if u were going to stay stock. the ESV6 is the car you would want if you were going to mod since everything the GTZ has upgraded over the ESV6 would end up being replaced anyway: suspension, stereo etc. the LSV6 sits somewhere in the very narrow middle. in fact, the great majority of the most heavily modded G's on the board are not GTZ's.

but still, with all that said, if wanted to have a great car and not touch anything, i would have bought a GTZ.

galant2k0
11-16-2006, 11:11 PM
I want a rear dome light "00 LS"!!! :mad: :mad:

SLS2000
11-17-2006, 07:24 AM

Yes. I guess I must be. :roll:

Not!!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

FrankMB
11-17-2006, 02:41 PM
Don't listen to these fools. The GTZ will make you feel like a bigger man, sometimes even a bigger dick!

Just imagine yourself as you pass lowly ES and LS galants and they see GTZ in your trunk, you immediately command respect knowing you're stiffer suspension and thicker swaybars will outhandle them in any corner. The extra speaker in the middle of your console provides endless hours of crystal clear music. LS owners with door cladding will immediately move to your right in shame as they know their door cladding is only to imitate real GTZ owners and they secretly always wanted to be you. The 16" race wheels with super sticky 205/55HR-16 tires provide extra grip and traction. The all-leather shift knob makes sure your hand sticks like a glove when shifting from P to D. In addition, the white face gauges is a constant reminder that your GTZ is special and makes your revs go faster by having an extra smooth surface and lastly the body colored grilled and tailgate are aerodynamically painted so bugs and insects fly off to the side at speed.

In conclusion, stop denying it, you've always wanted a GTZ.....

furiousgtz
11-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Don't listen to these fools. The GTZ will make you feel like a bigger man, sometimes even a bigger dick!

Just imagine yourself as you pass lowly ES and LS galants and they see GTZ in your trunk, you immediately command respect knowing you're stiffer suspension and thicker swaybars will outhandle them in any corner. The extra speaker in the middle of your console provides endless hours of crystal clear music. LS owners with door cladding will immediately move to your right in shame as they know their door cladding is only to imitate real GTZ owners and they secretly always wanted to be you. The 16" race wheels with super sticky 205/55HR-16 tires provide extra grip and traction. The all-leather shift knob makes sure your hand sticks like a glove when shifting from P to D. In addition, the white face gauges is a constant reminder that your GTZ is special and makes your revs go faster by having an extra smooth surface and lastly the body colored grilled and tailgate are aerodynamically painted so bugs and insects fly off to the side at speed.

In conclusion, stop denying it, you've always wanted a GTZ.....

http://www.club3g.com/forum/images/smilies/lmfao.gif

Xrs2
11-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Hey WTF I didn't get an white gauges in my GTZ. The damn 02's+ have the same shitty teal ones as everyone else.

mindwerkz
11-23-2006, 05:08 PM
The extra speaker in the middle of your console provides endless hours of crystal clear music.

HEY! LS has a center channel speaker too. :-P I know this because I finally blew mine out the other day.

And I thought I read somewhere that the GTZ had some sort of snazy exhaust system. Am I wrong?

Doesn't matter. We all know the LS is the best platform to build off of. :firedevil:

Xrs2
11-23-2006, 05:14 PM
On Wikipedia, they say that the GTZ has a different muffler. I'm not sure if that is true though.

SLS2000
11-23-2006, 10:39 PM
I actually have the brochure for 2000

The GTZ
beyond the LS

Firmer shock absorber valving
Higher spring rates
16mm front stabilizer bar (17mm on all DE, ES, LS,)
19mm rear stabilizer bar (18mm on all ES, LS)
Color keyed grill, spoiler, rear garnish
White face gauges

Most of these things are replaced by US anyways
so here at TGC the diffrences disappear quickly.

mindwerkz
11-24-2006, 07:46 PM

Most of these things are replaced by US anyways
so here at TGC the diffrences disappear quickly.

Told ya the LS is the best platform to build on. 8-)

SLS2000
11-24-2006, 11:49 PM
Told ya the LS is the best platform to build on. 8-)

Amen!

Now lets eat! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

6G72gearhead
11-24-2006, 11:53 PM
I'll see your silly GTZ badging thens slightly pull on you because I'm just enough lighter that it will matter.

FrankMB
11-25-2006, 12:00 AM
I'll see your silly GTZ badging thens slightly pull on you because I'm just enough lighter that it will matter.

Hey the GTZ badging adds 10000000000000000 HP more!!!!!!!! :laughing: :laughing:

6G72gearhead
11-25-2006, 12:17 AM
All the hp in the world wont matter mid corner, hehehehehe

Calipso
11-25-2006, 06:09 AM
On Wikipedia, they say that the GTZ has a different muffler. I'm not sure if that is true though.

Well on wikipedia it says I'm the king of Lynn, MA. What does that tell you?

9G
11-25-2006, 07:42 AM
Link?

Xrs2
11-29-2006, 10:24 PM
I didn't say I knew whether it was true or not, merely that it was there. so if any of you were so inclined, and knew for sure, you could change it. I myself am too lazy to change it, and don't really know either way.

Jeffylou87
02-05-2007, 01:56 PM
The GTZ is exaclty the same as the LS... just the suspension... nothing else... I still think the LS's are cooler especially with an eibach drop :D

SleekGTZ
02-05-2007, 03:19 PM
GTZ = Dragon Ball GT + Dragon Ball Z

LS = ??? uh, I forgot, I'll post it here when I remember it.

:D

furiousgtz
02-05-2007, 03:33 PM
ya there is no really big diffrence between ls and gtz but when someone ask you hey what kind of car do you drive
galant oh ok.. is that gtz or regular galant :lol:
GTZ sounds so mutch better...:mrgreen:

Jeffylou87
02-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah but when you say "LS V6" that flows so much better than saying "GTZ V6"... wtf is that?? lol or
"Hey man, what do you drive?"
"I drive a 6G72"

ohhh shit FIRE son FIRE!!!!

milo111000
02-05-2007, 04:54 PM
when you talk #s or engine codes with them, they might find that nerdy..

Reelax
02-07-2007, 05:23 AM
ya there is no really big diffrence between ls and gtz but when someone ask you hey what kind of car do you drive

people usually ask me, after the've seen it, if it's a beemer or benz at this point.

polishmafia
02-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Yeah but when you say "LS V6" that flows so much better than saying "GTZ V6"... wtf is that??

just a simple 'gtz' is more than good enough.

furiousgtz
02-07-2007, 10:18 AM

people usually ask me, after the've seen it, if it's a beemer or benz at this point.

well you are an exception at this point with your 50k galant :D

Danger DANJ
02-07-2007, 11:19 AM
It's funny because I was driving next to a guy in a silver GTZ the other day and he kept looking at me. All of the sudden he tried to pull away on me, but he couldn't hang for more than a couple seconds, then I pulled away from him. He didn't even bother to try and catch up. :lol: I'll take my modified ES V6 over a GTZ any day.

6G72gearhead
02-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Its funny when people ask what I have in it, so I rattle off cam profiles and valve sizes, then they give me that look, like I'm to stupid to understand what you just said so I'm going to stand in this corner and wish I was smarter. Then you have the guy that knows what it means and replys, so its pretty much stock? Hehehe.