PDA

View Full Version : Add on remote start

kodys00galant
10-21-2006, 10:23 PM
I have a Viper 671 XV and I'm trying to add on the remote start. I know I need the DEI 556UW UNIVERSAL IMMOBILIZER Remote Start BYPASS and a spare key. What I need to know is what model remote start can I add in to my existing alarm.

Would any of these work?

http://directed.com/security/hornet/horn_remote_start.asp

pinoyesv6
10-21-2006, 10:29 PM
those would work. but i'd upgrade my alarm to one of those units that have security and remote start.

install wouldn't be that hard since many of the DEI units share the same harnesses. so it could practically be as easy as just unplugging your old alarm brain, plugging in the new one, and then wiring for extra features like remote start that the new alarm has.

plus you wouldn't have to carry around 2 remotes.

kodys00galant
10-21-2006, 10:36 PM
those would work. but i'd upgrade my alarm to one of those units that have security and remote start.

install wouldn't be that hard since many of the DEI units share the same harnesses. so it could practically be as easy as just unplugging your old alarm brain, plugging in the new one, and then wiring for extra features like remote start that the new alarm has.

plus you wouldn't have to carry around 2 remotes.

What would the advantage of upgrading. I figured you could just add the remote star and use the use the existing remote.
Here is the alarm I have.

http://www.zone-alarm.com/Viper_Car_Alarms...arm_671XV_1.jpg (http://www.zone-alarm.com/Viper_Car_Alarms-Viper_car_alarm_671XV_1.jpg)

pinoyesv6
10-21-2006, 10:40 PM
the remote starter you listed is a stand alone unit.

if you wanted to just add on, then there's units like the DEI 561T which is an add on remote starter.

kodys00galant
10-21-2006, 10:53 PM
When you turn the car on with the remote start will the rear defogger turn on. I know when I turn my car off and then back on the rear defogger will be off when I previously had it on.

cntrylvr79
10-21-2006, 11:23 PM
When you turn the car on with the remote start will the rear defogger turn on. I know when I turn my car off and then back on the rear defogger will be off when I previously had it on.

The remote start is capable of turning on the rear defroster. There's a blue/white wire on one of the harnesses that can be programmed to activate the rear defroster. There is going to be some extra wiring you'll have to do to addon a remote start to the alarm though. So I'm going to under under the impression that you're going to end up with the 561t.

The white/blue wire from the 671 brain will go to the white/blue wire of the 561t. That's the activation wire. Grab the owers manual for your 671 and see what it says the button is for channel three. YOu'll have to push that button twice to activate the remote start.

The yellow wire from the 671 brain goes to the yellow wire of the 561t. If you don't do this, the alarm will go off everytime you remotestart the car with the alarm armed.

There's some other extra stuff you'll have to do which escapes me at the moment.