PDA

View Full Version : Better performance: springs of coilovers

schick
08-13-2002, 11:57 AM
In your opinion, what performs better: Coilovers (good ones like GC or Skunk2) OR performce springs (Eibach Pro-kit)?

I'm looking for cornering, road-worthyness, ride quality.
keep that in mind that I autocross sometimes.
I'll be using KYB AGX adjustables

I'd like to get coilovers, for the occasional lower ride for shows or pimping around town, but the performance is more important to me.

Thanks

Gir
08-13-2002, 12:17 PM
In your opinion, what performs better: Coilovers (good ones like GC or Skunk2) OR performce springs (Eibach Pro-kit)?

I'm looking for cornering, road-worthyness, ride quality.
keep that in mind that I autocross sometimes.
I'll be using KYB AGX adjustables

I'd like to get coilovers, for the occasional lower ride for shows or pimping around town, but the performance is more important to me.

Thanks

coilovers, definitly if you autocross. The fact is, when you smack it pretty low, but not terribly low, you will get way better traction.

I've heard of some guys goin so far as to smack it, then
fighting nature's inward lean...

tires look like this when smacked

/////--------\\\

they purposly camber...err caster...not really shure whic this is.... it really harshly to look like this

\\----------/////

reason being is when you are slaloming and taking a really really hard turn really quickly, you will have more rubber to the pavement

pinoyesv6
08-13-2002, 12:50 PM
first ofall let me say that everytime u change the height on the coils, you're asking for an alignment. now if you like the height of the eibach, then get that. if you are gonna get coils and drop it to the height of the eibach and leave it at that height, get the eibach. if you are planning to drop it lower or adjsut it all the time and get the needed alignment, get the coils

schick
08-13-2002, 02:00 PM
GIR, actually for road or autocross racing, you will want negative camber, where the top of the wheels lean in. Most of the top racers have about 1-2 degrees of negative camber.