PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning inside of headlights?

mbssbm
11-17-2002, 11:36 PM
OK i guess when i cleared my corners i got the inside of my lens' dusty, how can i clean these?

pinoyesv6
11-17-2002, 11:48 PM
wash it out with DISTILLED water. remove all the bulb. and o yea let them dry all the way b4 u put them back in

Fishboy55
11-18-2002, 06:09 AM
Method two: Attach a small diameter of silicone hose to your vacuum cleaner and get the dust out that way...old skool. LOL

Chip

mbssbm
11-18-2002, 11:48 AM
i got to thinking, if i did wash the inside of the lights with distilled water i should probably add a little alcohol with the water so it'll dry better

HeadAche
11-18-2002, 08:36 PM
i got to thinking, if i did wash the inside of the lights with distilled water i should probably add a little alcohol with the water so it'll dry better

Wont it streaks or even spots, and how much are u gonna use?

mbssbm
11-18-2002, 11:10 PM
well i thought water would streak, but then someone else said something about it so i figured water with alcohol. B/c the alcohol would make it dry real fast.

ASTIG
11-18-2002, 11:45 PM
i just used bottled h2o and alcohol after I did my projector headlights. no streaks nor spots

tamboo
12-12-2002, 08:27 PM
Happened to me once, i used distilled water with a little windex (glass and window cleaner) in it shook it well and then i dried it up inside thoroughly with a hairblower... worked perfect.

Just be sure is completely dry before installing it again because if you donĀ“t condensation will fog from the inside and can ruin your lightbulb.

mochanges
12-12-2002, 11:04 PM

Wont it streaks or even spots, and how much are u gonna use?

If you use distilled water, there won't be any streaks or spots. A water spot is basically left over stuff (minerals, etc.) that was in the water, and that stuff stays behind when the water evaporates. If you use distilled water, which has no "stuff" in it, there is nothing to be left behind to make a spot.