PDA

View Full Version : Downpipe/turbo

Alister_McRae
11-18-2002, 12:58 AM
I was reading a turbocharging site just feeding my brain more info for when i get ready to have it put in. And i came across something that caught my eye, here is what is was "List of MUST HAVE parts................
4G63T Downpipe (aftermarket or custom 2.5" - 3" preferred)." Arent downpipes extremely illegal, and you'll fail emissions horribly? And how to people here with turbos pass?

pinoyesv6
11-18-2002, 01:02 AM
many states don't comply with CARB restrictions so they have the easy way of going through this. also depending on the model of the car, a downpipe doesn't have to actaully replace a cat like it does on the cali spec car. just gives for better flow. also you can pay off the guy @ the emissions station to pass u up

Alister_McRae
11-18-2002, 01:05 AM
So a downpipe on a fed would be ok, its the cali's that put out the emmission problems with the downpipe?

pinoyesv6
11-18-2002, 01:08 AM
it all depends on the state u live in and the emissions. like in many states you can't touch the downpipe unless u replace it with somethign that is CARB approved. i mean even if the stock like on the feds is just pipe, it might have an effect on emissions. on the cali specs, a downpipe can be legal too but, in many states you would again fail emissions or inspection for not having that cat

DJ Galant
11-18-2002, 01:43 AM
man, if u go with turbo u r going for power obviosely - so who cares about emissions????
find someopne who works for the smogplace give hgim some mula and u set