PDA

View Full Version : 9006 harness

rr
11-18-2002, 06:36 AM
Do you guys know where to buy for the 9006 harness. My harness kinda melt so i need to replace it.
Also, is it hard to replace the harness or we need to go to the shop. If we need to go to shop, how much is it around.
Thanks

pinoyesv6
11-18-2002, 07:21 AM
the dealer ov course should have ur harness. take a look @ that. look the the size of the wire. then go visit some local auto parts stores. they should have the harness too. pick the one with the thickest wire. the last thing u want is to buy a harness that has wire that is thinner than stock. if you do, you're likely to melt ur harness.

as for replacement, its fairly easy to replace. especially with the oem. look at the harness when u purchase it and you will see fi you will be able to install it yourself. if you are in doubt about it, get it installed by a friend or professionally

rr
11-18-2002, 12:18 PM
How much is it going to cost for the harness to be installed?

evil-G-nius
11-18-2002, 10:13 PM
go to www.spwusa.com ('http://www.spwusa.com') and get the heavy duty wiring harness from them. It is $15 for the both of em. All you have to do is cut off the old one and just connect the wire into the new harness and crimp it. I did it in like ten minutes total. Might not even take that long. If you go to the dealer they will try to get you to get a new light housing all together. 300 or so a piece not including installation! So just get the ones from spw.

rr
11-19-2002, 02:50 AM
So you mean that the old wire is still there?
ISnt it better if we take off everything from the base of that harness

pinoyesv6
11-19-2002, 07:31 AM
So you mean that the old wire is still there?
ISnt it better if we take off everything from the base of that harness

if you get the dealer harness, its gonna be plug and play. you can unclip the old harness and then clip the new one in. with the other brands it might not be the same way. but the crimp was is good enough. just make sure that ur crimping to wire that is still good and not fried also

rr
11-20-2002, 12:13 AM
How much is the dealer harness going to be around? Can i buy the original harness on the internet?

pinoyesv6
11-20-2002, 12:16 AM
How much is the dealer harness going to be around? Can i buy the original harness on the internet?

i know the 8g harness is like 8 dollars. the 7g harness shouldn't be more than 20 dollars for the harness. just cuz remember that the 7g uses 2 bulbs and the 8g uses one

evil-G-nius
11-20-2002, 03:21 AM
the reason I suggested the ones from spw is because when I went to the dealer, they wanted 300 per light! They said they did not have just the harness. I said they were full of shit! You might have better luck with them but if you dont the harnesses from SPW are more than addequate. The old wires can be removed but crimping will work just fine as well.

BLsGalant97
11-29-2002, 01:37 PM
Hey i just burnt one of my harnesses....if i go to a dealer can i get a thicker one that will last longer..i thought i heard i can get one from a montero which might be thicker???

Mazarin
11-29-2002, 04:23 PM
I'm also interested. I hacked up my harness for the JMS, and now(Well, a while ago) I wanted to pull them out for the winter, but I can't find a junked 7G ANYWHERE. I tried calling the dealer, and they were worthless. The thing from SPW seems pretty good, but I'd rather plug-and-play w/ the OEM. If not, I'll deal w/ what I got. Thanks for the help!

HiperSilver
11-29-2002, 11:57 PM
dont have it installed....its easy as cake

my hiper industries(do not ever buy these bulbs, they will eat your harness and the glass part melted somehow and there is a huge "tumor" in the glass part) burnt the harness, so i jsut picked one up for 4 bucks from a local autoparts store, any of them shoudl have it....cut the stock wire, get a wire union and connect both of the wires, it should relaly matter which wire goes to which as mine wasnt labeled and both were the same colors and still work.

TurboGalant
12-02-2002, 09:38 AM
I got heavy duty harnesses from xtremewhite.com, and crimped them into my existing light wires. Have not had a problem since, and my lights come on whenever the car is running. I am using hyper whites from nokya for both low and high beams.

(The heavy duty harnes ran about $25/pair on xtremewhite. Wish I had known about that other place for $15)

BLsGalant97
12-03-2002, 05:02 PM
I went to the dealership on Saturday to pick up a harness but they were out of stock. So they ordered it. I pick it up today (tuesday) and it was the wrong one!!! The stupid bulb didnt fit so now i have to go back and wait another 3-4 days!!! I might just return it outright and see what pepboys have to offer...i hate driving around with one headlight!!!

The ones they gave me had three wires...i obviously need 2 wires right???

BLsGalant97
12-03-2002, 05:12 PM
oh yeah..turbogalant... Where did you get the harness on xtremewhite.com...i cant find them anywhere???