PDA

View Full Version : air struts complete systems

mikedela
10-31-2006, 09:35 PM
does anyone know of any good companys the sell complete air stRUT systems? i found a couple but i wanted to know if ya'll knew of anyothers...........also where can i get it installed in houston? i would like a respected place. i have a 2002 mits. galant 4cyc..........thanx for all of the help

MICHAEL

pLUGSNEt
11-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Maybe you should list what companys you found that make them... that way people wont list the same companys that you already know about...

thebirdman13
11-01-2006, 12:44 AM
the reputable ones are....

www.airbagit.com

www.airride.com

Niytrus
11-01-2006, 01:11 AM
I have a kit from Airbagit, love it :)

Sillyasianz
11-01-2006, 02:04 AM
I have been reading about the possibility of having coilovers AND bags on a car. The use of it is that when fully deflated you still have the quaility ride of coilovers, but it the bags you have the ability to raise the car when needed (i.e driveways and speedbumps). Is anyone familiar with it?

If not, isnt there bag systems where you run Aftermarket shocks (i.e KYB AGX) and air springs so it has the ability to dampen the shocks, but slam it as any other bagged system? By having aftermarket shocks rather then air shocks you can have a better ride quality....?

A debate on this subject:
http://vipstylecars.com/forum/index.php?to...038.0;topicseen (http://vipstylecars.com/forum/index.php?topic=4038.0;topicseen)

if you read on their conversation, there is such HYBRIDS of Coilovers and Bags....

AVERAGE
11-01-2006, 03:13 AM
Negative... That would definetly be new news.(did I word that right :TGC: )

Niytrus
11-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Yeah ride quality def. isn't the greatest with bags, however for me personally it isn't that bad. As long as I am not raised 100% up on the bags then the ride quality isn't bad.

Another thing to consider - air compressor/pump is going to be loud. I keep mine off via a toggle switch, but when its on it is pretty loud.

VIPtint
11-01-2006, 12:57 PM
a strut is less comfortable than a bag. i dont think they make a bag kit for a galant. if they did i might vip my galant

mikedela
11-01-2006, 04:08 PM
thanks for all the help..........anyone know where i can get it installed ? in houston

Niytrus
11-01-2006, 11:21 PM
thanks for all the help..........anyone know where i can get it installed ? in houston

Ganna go through with it? Make sure you get a compressor strong enough for what you want to do, and I would recomend an oiler for the lines..

G-spot
11-02-2006, 01:40 AM
there's a reputable shop located near baytown where str8304 got his. Have you tried shops where they specialize in truck suspension? (there are dozens of those shop around town)

mikedela
11-02-2006, 10:55 AM
there's a reputable shop located near baytown where str8304 got his. Have you tried shops where they specialize in truck suspension? (there are dozens of those shop around town)

no i havent i dont know of any turck shops.........i never really done much with my ride other than rims and interior......but thanks again for all of the help.......im saving up money for the complete system and i have a tuition reimburment check coming in dec. soo then i should have everything ready but as of right now i am just pricing around. i dont want anything extravagant just the basic set up that it reliable manly for looks. thanks again

pvu_rida
11-02-2006, 11:19 AM
there's a reputable shop located near baytown where str8304 got his.

That place I believe closed down.... Doesn't Car Boys... Do air bagging??

G-spot
11-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Carboys specialize in standard suspension setup. If they were into air rides I'd see a lot of them comming out of that shop. But to make sure just visit them at www.carboyracing.com

lonestar22
11-02-2006, 05:33 PM
actually they make two air ride kits for the galant. one from www.airliftcompany.com and one from www.ridetech.com the one from Air Ride Technologies enabling you to retain your alignment and adjust the car accordingly to keep it even and lowered right

fastbaggedgalant
11-05-2006, 10:07 AM
well i have the easystreet kit and i love it, it is a Strut kit, and just FYI there is only Strut kits and Cylinder kits for cars unless cusotm fabricated to ride on just bags, the strut kit is built with a bag on a replacement strut . but either way you go it is going to be a diffrent ride .... post pics of it when it is done .. love to see galants on air!

shavedgalant03
11-06-2006, 09:10 PM
try suicidedoors.com they have air struts for the 8g and i have order from them and the shipp fast and u will be veery happy with the product and the struts are easy street