PDA

View Full Version : F1 fender pics?

UAL Tripple 7
11-03-2006, 12:29 PM
I have done a search and I cant find any pics of an 8G with the F1 fenders. Does anyone have a pic of a Galant with the F1 fenders installed? I want to see how they look on the 8G before I buy them.

Thanks

ChuloMxcn
11-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Isnt that the one rodt had on his

Click Here (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/index.php?showtopic=31655&hl=)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/rodt0331/2004_0829newkit0004.jpg

UAL Tripple 7
11-03-2006, 02:59 PM
thanks for the pics man

ericbla03
11-03-2006, 04:55 PM
We had SO much trouble trying to get some fiberglass F1 fenders to fit right on my buddies 2G Eclipse, that we just ended up cutting the "F1 slot" out of the fiberglass fender, and molding it into his OEM steel fender. Turned out great... OEM mounting points, steel fender instead of fiberglass, easier to paint, etc......

I dont know if the ones for the Galant are better quality or fitiment.... buts thats just something to think about.

UAL Tripple 7
11-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up man. I was thinking the same thing about fitment issues with these things.

milo111000
11-04-2006, 01:48 AM
those are hot!! If it came with the whole body kit..

Darkkend
11-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Theres a member here in NY that has the fenders in C/F i think with a black painted boarder, his user name escapes me right now, Black 8g, cyber 1 kit, c/f hood...

ericbla03
11-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Theres a member here in NY that has the fenders in C/F i think with a black painted boarder, his user name escapes me right now, Black 8g, cyber 1 kit, c/f hood...

cremeofthecrop ^^

pinoyesv6
11-04-2006, 11:38 AM
i have a set of those fenders in my garage. they're made by mimousa. they fit like absolute ass and the quality sucks too. if you want them, i can sell them to you for fairly cheap, just incase you wanted to get them to fit or if you wanted the slot to mold onto your existing fender.

Censee
11-04-2006, 03:22 PM
yea i have the other double slot fenders still sitting in my back yard,,,the quality really sucks.. thats why i never put them on

ericbla03
11-05-2006, 01:17 AM
If you go on ebay you can just buy the fiberglass inserts to mold into your OEM fenders. Ive seen the M3 inserts for sure, they probably have the F1 slots as well.

Just buy the inserts and save yourself the headache and money.

BIGMONEYDAY
11-10-2006, 09:07 AM
If you go on ebay you can just buy the fiberglass inserts to mold into your OEM fenders. Ive seen the M3 inserts for sure, they probably have the F1 slots as well.

Just buy the inserts and save yourself the headache and money.

I'll co-sign with the rest of the guys on here about the fitment. I have a set of those I bought a couple of years ago off ebay for about $150 shipped, and they do fit pretty bad and need addition fiberglass added to make them reach up to the A-pillars. But I've heard that there are some out there that fit much better. I think I'll probably wind up cutting out the slots and mounting them to OEM fenders too.

alexvr
11-10-2006, 10:12 AM
i have a set and the mounting holes had to be made bigger to be able to movve it around more, the fitment wasnt perfect but good enough i guess

bobmundo123
03-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Anyone still have a pair of em left?

pinoyesv6
03-08-2011, 05:51 AM
i have a set of those fenders in my garage. they're made by mimousa. they fit like absolute ass and the quality sucks too. if you want them, i can sell them to you for fairly cheap, just incase you wanted to get them to fit or if you wanted the slot to mold onto your existing fender.

this.

Gtorque
03-08-2011, 09:10 AM
I had a pair of these but they were shit. Needed fiberglass work done all around these things and were a real waste of my time. Up the pillar was terrible and right above the headlights were broken off. We did some work and it came out very good but trust me your not gonna get these things perfect. They looked cool but i just said f&*k it then went ahead and sold them and put the OEM fenders back on. The guy I sold them to loves them but thats because of all the extra work that was done to them.

BIGMONEYDAY
03-09-2011, 09:08 AM
I have a set of these fenders. But just like posted above, the FG ones fit like crap. I wound up having a shop cut out the vents and mold them on a set of OEM fenders. They came out really good and stock looking, but the final price was up there.

FG F1 fenders w/shipping (Ebay) ~$150
Spare OEM fenders w/shipping (Ebay) ~$80
Custom cutting and molding (local shop) ~$300

Cost of having OEM fitting, custom fender...PRICELESS? Hellz naw!!...$530 to make lemons in to lemonade.