PDA

View Full Version : increasing horsepower

streetracer
11-18-2002, 03:40 PM
What kind of parts could i buy for under $500 that will give me the most horsepower gain? I have a 95 Galant S. I mean I don't want my friend to keep beating me with his damn Grand Am GT. [/img][/code]

jluv97
11-18-2002, 03:54 PM
:roll:
Intake
Exhaust
Throttle body mod ('http://www.angelfire.com/super2/jluv97/throttlemod.htm')
Plugs and wires

That should drain you of your $500, and get you a pretty good start.

Please post in the correct forum.

Kain
11-18-2002, 04:58 PM
Do you mean $500 for each mod, or $500 total? Total, that's not going to get you much of anywhere. I think I spent that just on maintnance when I bought the car. Man, I know I spent more than that on maintnance. Although, if you're enterprising, you could spend $200 on a Starion in a junkyard, and stuff the motor into the trunk using the remaining $300. Just figure out how to link the transmissions, and you'd be made. Or at least you'd win a whole lot of burnout competitions. Definitely, post and look in the proper forums. This has been gone over at great length...

TJC
11-18-2002, 07:27 PM
Welcome to TGC streetracer. Do you have an I4 or V6. Headers are the best bang for the buck as far as bolt-ons go but will cost a little over $500 for a V6 IF they are available yet. Install and optional electronics and tuning not included yet. Grand AM's are pretty strong cars so minor mods will not make that much difference. You should be able to tell by how badly you're getting beat. You can also do other freebie mods like lightening your car but that's about it.