PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Engine Lol

JohnnyBass
11-19-2002, 12:19 PM
How much does it cost to get my whole engine done so it looks all nice and new? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks..

Jon

Dark Anghell
11-19-2002, 12:41 PM
about $400 if you have someone else do the job. Or you can get some engine degreaser, a good brush and some water (with a house so there's some pressure). Cover your distributor cap, intake (if you have aftermarket fulter), and the injectors. Then spray the engine cleaner, use a brush, rinse everything down, and $10 later your engine looks brand new.

I did that to mine two years ago, and boy is it pretty https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

IllestGalant
12-05-2002, 07:16 AM
I have a steam cleaner at work. It's basically a pressure washer with heat. I did the same thing as pavel with the engine degreaser but instead of brushing it off i blasted the shit out of everything. Nice and sparkly:)

ChromeGalant
12-05-2002, 11:50 AM
$400 is pretty steep.. I paid $120 when I had my eclipse to get my engine bay cleaned.. (remove oxidation, rust,grease..etc..)

Call around to local detail shops..
Or just do it yourself..

2True
12-05-2002, 08:04 PM
Just get a full detail job done. Should cost ya like $250 for them to make the car look brand spankin' new again.