PDA

View Full Version : Gas Cap Cover Door Thingy

Ada
11-19-2002, 04:52 PM
It was fine until one day I came out and saw that, it's hinges were broken inside. I don't think anyone was trying to break it but I dunno what could be the reason of its hinges just breaking.

Although I was telling this Valet guy about it, and he said it might be from the heat. It happened in the Summer and I live in Vegas, that combined with raod heat, etc... could have caused it to just break internally.

Does that make any sense? Did anyone else have this problem?

VegasMatt
11-19-2002, 04:57 PM
Sweet, another Vegas Galant, I think that makes about 10 or 11 of us. Send me a PM sometime maybe we can all get together.

As for your door hinge problem, maybe we can take a look at it and get it fixed for you. Hopefully its minor and can be fixed.

Matt

Auto-9
11-19-2002, 05:04 PM
Dunno about you but my hinges have been warped for about a year now, and it scrapes against the body of the car if I don't pull down on the cover as I open it.

r-ezz.e
11-19-2002, 10:02 PM
I actually had this problem this past summer. I don't know if the cause was this past summer's scorcher, living in NJ, but the gas attendent told me that my gas cover was broken, and it was a broken hinge. I went to the dealer first to get it replaced but unfortunately, i had to fork out like $80 or something cuz they had to order the part then paint it. I wouldn't recommend that, if i was thinking straight this past summer, i would of called one of the the guys who's part of the TGC (I forgot who)....who's got connections w/a Mitsubishi dealership or something.....that way u can get a discount of the part.....then get it painted. See if that works out.

Big_Baby2000
11-28-2002, 01:07 PM
I got one from Sunrise Mitsubishi for like $20 shipped.